Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Shocks > Rough Country Rough Country 2.2 Shocks

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Rough Country Rough Country 2.2 Shocks Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Shocks Next Product

Rough Country Rough Country 2.2 Shocks

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $800.00
Average Price: $224.46
Manufacturer: Rough Country
Recommended?
Yes: 27 / No: 8

RC's performance 2.2 shocks.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

VUswimmer93
VUswimmer93's Reviews
07-23-2014, 02:03 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: nice reduction
Cons: tad stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: can't really complain they came on the jeep when I bought it

CJ7Dac
CJ7Dac's Reviews

02-25-2014, 12:46 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: they are low cost
Cons: rough ride leak
Recommended? No

Comments: It was between these and the Bilstien 1500's made the cheap choice... after replacing one with in 2 months of installing them the other one started leaking after another month. I'm tired of calling them to get a replacement, I will be switching to 1500's when the next one blows out... on the other 3 it seems that the valving doesn't work either anymore since I'm just bouncing all over the place now... Worst purchase ever...

Konstadin
Konstadin's Reviews
10-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: smooth and progressive
Cons: not yet to report
Recommended? Yes

Comments: smoother than the Pro comp 1000's.
Better for dd and long travelling, not so hard bumping like the Pro Comps.

PAJeep6
PAJeep6's Reviews
08-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Quality shocks and a nice ride
Cons: non-yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent shocks

Skeets682

Skeets682's Reviews

08-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Came with the Jeep
Cons: Rough, poor ride...
Recommended? No

Comments: Rough Country...the name is accurate these things are ROUGH both on and off-road! Best upgrade I did was replace these with Bilsteins! Rough Country.

HighRoller02TJ
HighRoller02TJ's Reviews
03-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: easy install
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice shocks but i wish i went with a 4" lift

zimmie2652
zimmie2652's Reviews
01-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: came with n20 kit, so they are the 2.0 shocks but they are alrigth, i don't mind them and their ride, worked as advertised and reviewed
Cons: girlfriend hates the ride, pretty rough on road, haven't taken em off road yet since install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: work as advertised, harsh ride, install was pretty simple, will be changing out eventually

Ak-max
Ak-max's Reviews
06-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Price: $360.00
Pros: A lot better than stock obviously.
Cons: lift caused a bumpier ride. but that was expected with rigid springs.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Shock came with 3.25" RC lift. Cheap price and good parts. everything i needed.

1yellowjk
1yellowjk's Reviews

05-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Came with the RC lift. Looked pretty
Cons: Cheap. Leaked.
Recommended? No

Comments: So I bough the RC lift kit that came with the 2.2 shocks on the assumption that I would go long arm later and didn't want to spend a lot. Well with in 3 months of putting them on, the rear began to leak after 1 trip crawling on maybe 3-4 level trails. After 6 months the rears were trash and the fronts had very little support left. These shocks went out in 6 months with daily driving and 1 trip offroad. I replaced them with Bilstein 5100's and will never buy anything RC again.
My neighbor said I should have sent them back, but why? I would have gotten some more bad shocks.

JohnnieBulge
JohnnieBulge's Reviews
03-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: good
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this was an upgrade to the ones that come in the lift kit dont know what the stock ones would have felt like

xalexxromerox
xalexxromerox's Reviews
02-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Price: $380.00
Pros: Good price, good ride
Cons: N/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome kit for the price would deff reccomend this to anybody

xalexxromerox
xalexxromerox's Reviews
02-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Price: $380.00
Pros: Good look and Good ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice and cheap with kit. Get rough country 3.25 kit

grininmonkey
grininmonkey's Reviews
12-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Can up mounting has a good appearance. Ride good in my opinion
Cons: none really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like them.

SwampFox375
SwampFox375's Reviews
11-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: smooth road ride
Cons: not ideal for hardcore offroading
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very nice road ride. close to stock handling. the perfect budget suspension. great performance on some mild trails.

ISlapFatKids
ISlapFatKids's Reviews

08-14-2011, 01:09 AM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Prevent body roll while they last
Cons: Extremely stiff, Bumps are almost painful, Didn't last long
Recommended? No

Comments: I got these shocks with my lift, and they didn't even last a year. Initially, I thought the ride stiffness was due to the new suspension. Bumps were so jarring that I would actually avoid certain streets during commute because they were so uncomfortable.
About six months into my use of the shocks, I began to hear a clunking when I hit bumps at high speeds. After replacing a ball-joint, I found that the shocks were the main culprit because they were extremely loose (I could flick them and they'd move). Upon further inspection, I found that the lower bushings on the shocks (the ones that came with them) had completely worn through on the bottom, requiring replacement.
Roughly five months later, I took a couple high-speed runs down a dirt road (maybe an overall average speed of 45MPH over moderate washboarding). Driving home, the ride felt a bit funky, so I checked the shocks and none were leaking or visibly damaged. However, when I hit my first speed-bump in the city, I realized the extent of the damage; two of the shocks had crippling damage to their valving, resulting in a loss of pressure in both shocks.
The cherry topping on all of this is that I went out of town for a week and a half about a month after the previous incident. When I returned, I found that the steering stabilizer (also Rough Country) had leaked a substantial amount of it's fluid onto my driveway.
Due to the fact that I rarely got to take my rig out wheeling, the rapid failure of these shocks was disappointing.

bluetj97
bluetj97's Reviews

07-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Pros: better then stock, stiff and i think it keeps my body from leaning more then my rancho lift,
Cons: none!
Recommended? No

Comments: less leaning in corners on street, love them, well worth it with the full 4" lift

GregB_00XJ

GregB_00XJ's Reviews
06-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Pros: Smooth ride, decent quality, price
Cons: Heavy and not as plushmobile as some higher priced shocks.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good... they ride good on road and should excel offroad.

Nubster

Nubster's Reviews

10-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Look cool
Cons: Don't work
Recommended? No

Comments: They came on my WJ when I bought it. Lift has less then 1000 miles on it and my Jeep floats like a freakin' crab boat on the Bering Sea. I can only assume it is because of the shocks. The lift kit is the Rough Country 4" lift. I am looking for new shocks as I type this.

knightwolf654
knightwolf654's Reviews
09-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Pros: Good customer service.
Cons: stiff as stiff can get, they leak.
Recommended? No

Comments: I got these stocks with the 2.5" lift. there is a very noticeable difference when you go from stock to these shocks. its absolutely horrible. their is no dampening being done and to top it off they started leaking after about 6 months.i contacted rough country and they sent me out a new set but i never put them on. I could compare the ride to that of driving a fork lift on a dirt road. i finally bit the bullet and bought some bilstien 5100's and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! now i don't need to wear a tooth guard when driving. if you have to get a rough country lift kit. SAVE YOUR CASH. i was given the same warning and i kick myself everyday for not listening.

igrok

igrok's Reviews
05-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Pros: better than stock ride (stock being 10year old shocks), came without the stickers on it? (I don't care for stickers)
Cons: Dunno
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They work, I don't have any experience to compare them to except my wife's 10 year old stock shocks on her 2000 TJ.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last