Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Shocks > Rancho RS9000X Adjustable Shock Absorber

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Rancho RS9000X Adjustable Shock Absorber Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Shocks Next Product

Rancho RS9000X Adjustable Shock Absorber

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $650.00
Average Price: $225.45
Manufacturer: Rancho
Recommended?
Yes: 44 / No: 3

As the industry finest and most proven adjustable shock absorber Rancho’s RS9000X patented 9-position technology leads in all categories: Ease of use, Durability, Fit and Performance.

The RS9000X is fully adjustable while mounted on the vehicle which allows drivers to easily "dial in" their ride for precise control in any condition, tuning the compression and rebound damping is easily metered by manually changing the setting on the dial at the the bottom of each shock. Also available and sold separately is the all new RCX remote control damping system (R99701), which allows independent front a rear damping control from the cab of your vehicle. Representing an entirely new level of technology for off-road, street or highway driving.

The RS9000X also features Rancho’s exclusive 15-stage velocity-sensitive valving for enhanced stability and traction. The shock’s advanced tri-tube (reserve/intermediate/primary) design yields 17 times greater fluid area than its predecessor, ensuring exceptional performance under a full range of load and temperature conditions.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

TimeWellWasted
TimeWellWasted's Reviews
03-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: idk
Cons: idk
Recommended? No

Comments: Not sure about these..where already installed when bought..along with 4" lift..But my Jeep rides, as a buddy put it, like an Abrams tank..ruff as hell

edinct
edinct's Reviews
11-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: adjustable
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: best shocks i have run on a wrangler. i have run bilstein HD, 5100 and monroe in the past.

EndlessMtnRubi

EndlessMtnRubi's Reviews
09-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Adjustable firmness. Ease of installation
Cons: Adjustment knob made of cheap plastic and located in an area that is prone to damage. Especially the rears.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great shock. Only complaint is the adjustment knob is made of cheap plastic and located in an area that is prone to damage. Especially the rears.

SOWEGA TJ

SOWEGA TJ's Reviews
09-18-2013, 04:17 AM
Price: $260.00
Pros: adjustable within a budget
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Shocktober! (buy 4 for the price of 3) cant beat that...have tremendously improved my ride over the RC 2.0s I had...RC is okay for the money but save up and buy quality

Pawjob

Pawjob's Reviews
10-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Adjustable
Cons: Valve body is HUGE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Shocks are very nice and easy to adjust. However the valve body is huge and you cant mount upside down. So shock placement is critical front ones are dented bad cause of this.

TJ-Tera

TJ-Tera's Reviews
07-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Pros: Adjustability feature
Cons: No cons
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed these because my cheap ProComp shock broke. These are way better quality, but without an easier way to adjust them, I find myself just leaving them on one setting.

ImmortalityLTD
ImmortalityLTD's Reviews
04-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Adjustable
Cons: I don't have any complaints
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I don't have any complaints. I bought the lift when Rancho was doing their $500 rebate when you buy lift and shocks, so my total cost on these + the lift was $500. I was able to get them on Amazon.com, and qualified for free shipping...its always best to check there first on anything you buy, you'd be surprised what they carry.

rick700raptor
rick700raptor's Reviews
12-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Pros: adjustable from very soft to very firm
Cons: Horrible quality control.
Recommended? No

Comments: I used to love these shocks, the adjust-ability is awesome, form super soft ride to super firm for off road or towing.
The quality control for Rancho on these shocks was the worst I have ever seen far worse than I ever expected to see.
One shock had been patched up and had no oil in it, it was non functional. It took me over a week to get a replacement shock. The bad paint, the lack of Quality control was awful. Weld slag on the poorly painted shock body. Small dents in the shock body. No paint in some areas and even a little rust in some areas on brand new shocks. The seals leak oil.
I love adjustable shocks but thier quality control has to improve drastically.

jeeptree2112
jeeptree2112's Reviews
06-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Pros: In cabin air adjustable
Cons: Leaks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Always have to refill the front one every 1/2 hour

Yarney05
Yarney05's Reviews
04-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Pros: Awesome product, 9 way adjustable
Cons: Selector knob sometimes rotates on the shock but doesn't change the setting.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not sure if this is common but sometimes when i turn one of the knobs the setting doesn't change it just rotates the knob.

JeepJake24
JeepJake24's Reviews
03-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Price: $164.00
Pros: They are adjustable and have external resoviors.
Cons: None yet besides the price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the fact that you can change them to 9 different stiffnesses. I have the 15" travel shocks and they are very impressive. They perform well and look good while doing it.

shotcake
shotcake's Reviews
03-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Pros: adjustable nice silver look, like the adjustable, nice ride
Cons: NA
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I can only compare to the OEM shocks. The adjustable ride is nice and I can adapt to street or sand which is what I use it most.

I also like the look of the sliver and red

rrasco
rrasco's Reviews
11-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Adjustable, clean look
Cons: Boots are hard to get on rears
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got a good deal on these from an inside source. Adjustable and easy to install. The only thing that sucks is I tore one of the rear boots trying to put the boot over the top shock mount. Nothing a zip-tie couldn't fix.

93ZJ_5.2_ca
93ZJ_5.2_ca's Reviews
08-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Pros: lifetime warenty
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased these for a ZJ in 1998 and am now running these on my TJ they feel as good as the day got them new. I have had not a single problem in over ten years. wife even adjusts them to fit her driving style.
for highway 3 up front 2 in the back
off road 5 up front 4 in the rear.

95YJohn
95YJohn's Reviews
08-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Pros: adjustable for street and off road
Cons: got lay on the ground to adjust it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They have been on my rig since I bought it and are holding up to all the abuse with no problems

TJRubicon06

TJRubicon06's Reviews
07-08-2010, 04:29 AM
Pros: great shock, rides good, easy to adjust
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great riding shock when paired with currie springs

SoonerYJ

SoonerYJ's Reviews

06-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Pros: Fine tuning for all conditions.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just picked up a set of the newest version the 9000XL, they now come in silver metallic with the same red boots.

I've been messing with shocks and reading reviews for a long time and finally found something that works as advertised, yeah your going to pay more for these but you basically get nine shocks for the price of one, the knob makes that much difference.

You can go from luxury to full blown tow machine in seconds, these things are the real deal.

With a 90 day free test drive, I can't see why more people aren't doing them.

Great off road flex and great on road manners, just awesome.

Apples

Apples's Reviews
05-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Pros: Good ride
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with the vehicle. Seems like a decent shock. I don't change the settings though. The ride is decent but I try to remember its a jeep.

ericrj80
ericrj80's Reviews
05-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Pros: Adjustable,great ride
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just put these on last week and was very impressed. I bought my jeep with trailmaster shocks. These are wayyyy better

Planetcat
Planetcat's Reviews

02-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Pros: 9-way adjustability, long lasting.
Cons: Price maybe.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: As a long time Ranch product fan (20+ years), these shocks are some of the best they've made yet. Been on my lifted XJ for 7 years, still ride like they were new, and I can change the dampening setting with consistent results every time whether on or off road. The turn of the knob is straight forward and easy enough to do by crawling under your rig and just twisting the knob to the desired settings. 1 is nice and soft, and 9 is super stiff. They are durable, long lasting, and perform consistently over years of abuse.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »