Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Shocks > Pro Comp MX-6 Monotube Adjustable Shock Absorbers

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Pro Comp MX-6 Monotube Adjustable Shock Absorbers Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Shocks Next Product

Pro Comp MX-6 Monotube Adjustable Shock Absorbers

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $450.00
Average Price: $289.04
Manufacturer: Pro Comp
Recommended?
Yes: 23 / No: 4

Six-position external dampening for quick adjustments
Specifically tuned and valved for your vehicle
Heavy-duty construction: billet upper and lower mounts, 14mm chrome hardened shaft
Monotube design - 300PSI nitrogen charged
Speed-sensitive valving stays cool as temperatures rise

MX Series shocks are precision engineered and custom valved for specific vehicle applications to maximize ride comfort, handling and load carrying ability.

Step up to quality, precision and maximum adjustability with the MX6. Each MX6 is precision engineered and custom valved for your vehicle. The MX6ís inverted mounting design reduces unsprung weight and protects the shock body from damage. This design also allows ease of fitment with no clearance problems in highperformance late model vehicle applications. Applications for most popular jeeps, pickups and SUVís including lifted vehicles and HD models. Who says you canít perfectly dial in your ride?

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

IRPerformance
IRPerformance's Reviews

09-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Price: $299.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great upgrade over my blown stock shocks. Adjustability feature is nice as I can fine tune the ride depending on what I am doing with the Jeep.

Guns
Guns's Reviews

09-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Theses babies rock! They are smooth on the road and even smoother offroad. Great stability and control. I haven't messed with the adjustable portion. I like my ride soft so I left them on the softest setting. They've been in for 4 months or so and no problems.

QuadraTokn

QuadraTokn's Reviews

04-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very comfortable!

_Kyle_

_Kyle_'s Reviews

04-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Price: $299.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They ride really nice compared to the stock shocks I was used to. The adjustment feature is nice, especially if you want to change it for off road conditions or you change the weight distribution temporarily (towing). But the knobs to adjust them are a little inaccessible, but its still a nice feature to have.

FunkyCold

FunkyCold's Reviews

04-03-2008, 03:40 AM
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: mounts can up. clears the spring perch in the rear.

mendelmax
mendelmax's Reviews

02-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Pros: Adjustability
Cons: The adjuster knob is small
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the ride that this shocks provide. Over 5K miles on them so far.

The adjustability permits for good front to rear absorption balance- after one day of tests I have set them to my taste, and now I change settings only when I'm carrying loads. They make handling much better than stock. When set to soft settings they are really comfortable (even too soft for my taste), while with maximum damping they are almost horribly hard- the adjusting range is very wide and noticeable.

The downside is that adjuster knob is very small, therefore it's quite hard to turn it by hand after long time of not doing this. The pro-comp key may be the solution, unfortunately I haven't ordered it...

Manateu
Manateu's Reviews

12-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Pros: Adjustable
Cons: Did seem to matter
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought these as a part of a kit. They do the trick for mild shock absorbtion. However, the ride seems to be rougher than the stock suspension. I paid extra money for these and don't believe they made that much of a difference. I will edit this review if the situation improves; however, at this time I would say save the cash.

Page 2 of 2 1 2