Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Shocks > Pro Comp MX-6 Monotube Adjustable Shock Absorbers

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Pro Comp MX-6 Monotube Adjustable Shock Absorbers Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Shocks Next Product

Pro Comp MX-6 Monotube Adjustable Shock Absorbers

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $450.00
Average Price: $289.04
Manufacturer: Pro Comp
Recommended?
Yes: 23 / No: 4

Six-position external dampening for quick adjustments
Specifically tuned and valved for your vehicle
Heavy-duty construction: billet upper and lower mounts, 14mm chrome hardened shaft
Monotube design - 300PSI nitrogen charged
Speed-sensitive valving stays cool as temperatures rise

MX Series shocks are precision engineered and custom valved for specific vehicle applications to maximize ride comfort, handling and load carrying ability.

Step up to quality, precision and maximum adjustability with the MX6. Each MX6 is precision engineered and custom valved for your vehicle. The MX6ís inverted mounting design reduces unsprung weight and protects the shock body from damage. This design also allows ease of fitment with no clearance problems in highperformance late model vehicle applications. Applications for most popular jeeps, pickups and SUVís including lifted vehicles and HD models. Who says you canít perfectly dial in your ride?

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last Ľ

firefighter534
firefighter534's Reviews
04-24-2014, 09:10 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Adjustable for when hauling a big load or trailer. Better than stock ride!
Cons: None yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Better than stock ride and was able to pick then up from another Jeeper who had low mileage on them. They looked new when I received them. I also like the fact that the shock housing is white since I have a white WJ. They seem to stand out some and make the Jeep look good. I am very pleased with the fact that I can easily adjust them. Time will tell on how many miles I can get out of them.

ThomasYJ

ThomasYJ's Reviews
02-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: 6 way Adjustable durable (operation and body)
Cons: Hard to adjust at first. Use a vice grip or slip joint pliers.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Saw these in a 4wheel parts store when I was stationed in Cali. After messing with the different settings in the shop I decided to pull the trigger on em. It's been about 2 years running these shocks I love them. I have them set midway on 3 and its a VERY stable ride, on or off road. My Jeeps no LCOG and I've put it through its paces on the street and taken quite a few turns and corners pretty fast. I've only lifted a tire once or twice. I'd recommend these to anyone. Definitely buy them again.

CoolHunting
CoolHunting's Reviews

07-28-2011, 05:37 AM
Price: $299.00
Pros: 6 way adjustable Mono tube nitrogen design Look good out of the box Up Country suspension compatible
Cons: 6 way adjustment points may not hold positions over time Temperature changes affects dampening characteristics Shocks loose dampening stiffness over time
Recommended? No

Comments: I have had these shocks (front & rear) installed on my 2001 WJ for about four years now. For the first two years they worked great and I was very satisfied. However, for the next couple of years they have been getting progressively worse to the point where they need to be replaced. Problems include:
-6 way adjustment points don't hold positions (i.e. the settings change on their own). I can't epoxy them in place because they need to be adjusted with temp. changes.
-Shocks loose dampening stiffness over time (e.g. I'm currently running all four shocks at the stiffest level (i.e. at 6) which equates to the orig. setting 3 when new.

I am also getting some undesirable suspension bounce and hop over extreme road ridges and potholes. I should have went with the Bilstein HDs for the same cost.

Shiguy
Shiguy's Reviews
06-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: adjustable
Cons: bitch to get in!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The fact these can be adjustable is nice. Although after feeling the ride on the soft setting you may never change it. Only downside which isn't really a downside is that these come pre pressurized from the factory. So trying to get it into place can be difficult as it takes a lot of pressure to compress them. Keep a set of ratchet straps on hand.

TurboII
TurboII's Reviews
04-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Price: $330.00
Pros: soooo stiff, just what i was looking for. last night i did the rear shocks, as soon as i step foot on my jeep i noticed a differents, went to work and man what a sweet ride it was, even just by doing the rears. Today i did the fronts and whole-smokes a felt like i was Mario Andretti.
Cons: have to modify lower shock bushing, but nothing to hard
Recommended? Yes

Comments: pretty much what i wrote for pros

soooo stiff, just what i was looking for. last night i did the rear shocks, as soon as i step foot on my jeep i noticed a differents, went to work and man what a sweet ride it was, even just by doing the rears. Today i did the fronts and whole-smokes a felt like i was Mario Andretti.

Planetcat
Planetcat's Reviews

07-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Adjustable valving, nice finish, good fit.
Cons: Stiff on bumps while causing body sway. Hard to tune them properly.
Recommended? No

Comments: I don't like these as much as the rancho RS9000X's I've had on other vehicles. I've had a hard time getting the ride just right without sacrificing handling. I do like the adjustability and the finish is nice on them. I only got them because I couldn't get the Rancho's for my size lift for my WJ. For the high price, I don't think I'd get them again.

JerseyWJ

JerseyWJ's Reviews
03-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Price: $225.00
Pros: All around excellent
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great for multi-purpose Jeep whereas one can adjust stiffness.

2THEXTRM
2THEXTRM's Reviews
12-14-2009, 03:52 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Adjustable well made shocks
Cons: Usual poor powdercoating that allows rust to start after just one winter. Not the easiest to adjust once on vehicle
Recommended? Yes

Comments: As expected, the powdercoating for these shocks is no stronger than a cheap brand of shock. After just one winter, rust is starting on the shock bodies. This doesn't affect the performance but looks like I have $20 shocks that are 10 years old already. Although they are adjustable, I don't find them the easiest to adjust without the key, get the key!!!

jimwww

jimwww's Reviews

05-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Looked nice out of the box.
Cons: I don't believe that it absorbs anything
Recommended? No

Comments: I put them into my ZJ and they are terrible. I don't recommend them - they did not move. A piece of wood stuck in the suspension would have been better. They do not move - did I mention they don't move? I felt every single bump from London Ontario (near toronto) to Vancouver -E V E R Y single bump - I think a test like that across the country in the winter.. is a good one. SPent thousands on my lift, tires everything - prof installed.

I would never buy them again.

TX02WJ

TX02WJ's Reviews

05-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Price: $340.00
Pros: excellent ride
Cons: NONE SO FAR
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A little trimming of the bushings needed for the rear shocks. The ride is awesome!

TX02WJ

TX02WJ's Reviews

05-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Price: $340.00
Pros: adjustable for your riding preferences
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed on my 2002 WJ with little issues. Only had to grind (trim) down the bushings that came with the shocks to fit into the jeeps housing for the rear shocks. Rides like a dream. Wide range and noticeable differences between each setting. My jeep now rides better than new!

bill38jeep
bill38jeep's Reviews

02-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

mtr5360

mtr5360's Reviews

01-27-2009, 01:50 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Better ride than worn out 6 year old stock shocks. Takes some time to find the best setting for your Jeep.

SocalWJ
SocalWJ's Reviews

01-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Price: $175.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got these used off craigslist. The previous owner said he only put 1000 miles on them, so I guessing about twice that. So far I love these shocks, my OEM shock were completely shot and these have really stiffened the ride quite a bit (in a good way) and has made taking corners much more controlable.

sinbad85

sinbad85's Reviews

01-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Price: $224.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A little stiffer than stock, but so far so good, they went on very easy and the adjustment they have realy makes a difference

Robs01XJ

Robs01XJ's Reviews

01-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only installed for 10 days so far but ride is 1000 times better than stock. The dial to adjust the shock is great go from soft to real firm.

froggo27

froggo27's Reviews

01-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product. Awsome because of the adjustments you can make for on and off road.

cx300

cx300's Reviews

12-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .................................................. .........................

tozar
tozar's Reviews

12-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Very well made product with lifetime warranty
Cons: Slightly fatter shock tube which may cause tire rub
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The shocks mount upside down (rod side down) for slightly less unsprung weight.

I installed 4 on a 2002 WJ and needed a bushing kit for the rear shocks. The rear shocks I needed had to be longer so the shock mounts weren't meant for stock WJ mounts. These were a universal type of shock mount and Kevin's had the hardware. I also had to get polyurethane shock bushing inserts to replace the rubber ones from pro-comp because the rubber ones got smashed out and caused a thumping sound.

Overall these are great shocks and fully adjustable with 6 settings. I set them up on 3 and have not had any reasons to change.

bwj2004
bwj2004's Reviews

12-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Price: $356.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: one of the best things that i have paid for!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last Ľ