36K views 26 replies 27 participants last post by  Theman1945 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $200
Rating 2
Average Price $137.32
Manufacturer Pro Comp
Recommended Yes: 18 / No: 8

The twin tube cellular gas design of the ES3000 is engineered to substantially improve driving comfort and performance both on and off the road. With it's 10 stage velocity sensitive valving, the ES3000 self adjusts to various road conditions, while improving your vehicle's handling characteristics.
Features

- Rubber upper and lower mounting bushings
- External multi-lip wiper seal
- 10 stage velocity sensitive valving
- Gas pressure design
- 1-3/16" and 1-3/8" bore carbon stamped nylon banded piston
- Double wall construction
- Double welded mount
- Shock boot not included

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Rating 1
Pros They're painted white
Cons Ride horribly rough, stiff, does not properly match the springs in the Pro-Comp Lift kit I bought
Recommended no

Comments: Replaced them with Skyjacker hydros and am very happy, Pro-Comp uses a good spring in there kit but uses a an absolute junk shock

#5 ·
Rating 2
Pros Price?
Cons Stiff ride
Recommended no

Comments: They are not good nor bad i think. But they do ride stiff. If you want more comfy ride stay away from the Es3000, or just any procomp.
Ask around they are not the best shocks for comfy ride

#7 ·
Price $38
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Great shock for the price. There are lotsa other shocks you can get, but for the price, its hard to beat the Pro Comps. Look for the buy 3 get 1 free deal

#8 ·
Price $140
Rating 1
Recommended yes

Comments: really stiff ride but u get what u pay for i guess i should of saved for better shocks.

#9 ·
Price $140
Rating 1
Recommended no

Comments: These things are bad at just about everything in my opinion. Good on nice smooth raods for holding corners but they beat the crap out of you anywhere else. Way too stiff.

#10 ·
Price $70
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: Provide for a good ride. Overall a great set of shocks for the money I paid for em. Bushings wore out kind of fast but I bought them used.

#13 ·
Price $160
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: ..........................................................................................................................................................................

#22 ·
Price $30
Pros Good comfortable ride
Cons Non
Recommended yes

Comments: So far I like them! They give the front and good solid ride. I have no complaints with them. Very good product!

#23 ·
Price $160
Rating 4
Pros Easy install, smooth handling, good handling
Cons Shocks are shocks
Recommended yes

Comments: Reading these "bad" posts, I will assume that these people are new to Jeep ownership, because no matter what shock you put on a Jeep, it will never have a smooth ride and you will feel every bump hole and rock out there.
These shocks are great, I own 3 jeep wranglers and the other 2 will have these shock mounted on them by the end of this year.
I have ran Trailmaster, Bilstein, Rancho, Black Diamond, skyjackers, which are all good to great shocks, depending on whom you ask, everyone has a favorite.
Right now my Jeep is riding good, LIKE A JEEP rides, the handling with these shocks are good, the ride is good, and yes it smoothes the bumps out, some.. but it is still a Jeep!!
Great shocks, I will have these on all of my Jeeps and trucks from now on!
Just my two cents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.