Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Shocks > old man emu 2 1/2 inch lift

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

old man emu 2 1/2 inch lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Shocks Next Product

old man emu 2 1/2 inch lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $850.00
Average Price: $563.86
Manufacturer: old man emu
Recommended?
Yes: 14 / No: 0

old man emu nitrogen shocks 2 1/2 lift

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

chrisb321
chrisb321's Reviews
07-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: Rides smoother than stock, love it
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really happy that I went with the OME kit from Dirk. Rides fantastic

Ovedz
Ovedz's Reviews
03-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Rides better than stock!
Cons: Springs a little rusted but nothing it can't handle!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Amazing product!

EJ018451
EJ018451's Reviews
07-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Price: $65.00
Pros: longer travel than stock for a lift
Cons: one of them hasn't lasted a year
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought four of them, of the four I have had one that I need to replace as it has started to leak on me. I feel that is a decent rate of return but would have liked to not have to replace one. the ride great and I feel they are a great value for what you get

IrishDude
IrishDude's Reviews
05-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: work well
Cons: yellow
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Upgraded to the new sport shock

ColdWeatherTJ
ColdWeatherTJ's Reviews
04-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Nice lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice lift, good ride, quality parts

magilla

magilla's Reviews

09-19-2011, 06:38 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Smooth, firm ride Outstanding gas shocks Easy installation
Cons: For stock jeeps - might need spacers if you've got heavy bumpers/armor, etc.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 2004 Unlimited (LJ). Put kit on in 2006 - that's 5 years ago - still rides awesome!

Got the DPG Offroad Deluxe Kit from Kirk with BL, MML, and JKS front discos. Bought a separate adjustable track bar for front.

Install was VERY easy (except the MML was a pain - you've got to have small hands) - can easily do in a leisurely weekend or a very productive day.

DEFINITELY RECOMMEND OME SPRINGS AND SHOCKS.

My Jeep rides better (still) than a new stock one.

I would definitely recommend to others.

Note: OME lifts are for stock Jeeps - If you have huge bumpers and armor all over, you may want to get spacers or adjustable leveling spacers to get it back to 2.5"

copleydad

copleydad's Reviews

03-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Price: $950.00
Pros: Great improvement and high quality parts. Rides so much better now. It feels like a new vehicle
Cons: Not cheap but worth every penny
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Put this on my 89 Islander 4.2

I didn't buy a "kit", but rather purchased everything separately from different vendors, ebay, amazon and got the rear springs from a fellow member (Scramblered) brand new.

Rear springs ware CS037 with D24 extra leafs to bring them to "heavy duty" rating. Since I don't have a winch, I got the CS014 front springs (medium duty), knowing that I can make them heavy in the future with an add a leaf from OME.

I replaced the entire suspension with OME product - springs, greasable shackles and bushings, nitrocharger shocks, u bolts, t case drop, steering stabilizer and U bolts. Every kit I priced and added the extras not included in the kit, was coming in far above $1200.

For anyone considering this lift, I highly recommend it. The parts are machined unbelievably well and there is no effort assembling into the Jeep. All my blood was lost on tearing out the old.

ARB Dakar, who distributes and make the Old Man Emu stuff, was also extremely helpful over the phone with a bunch of questions I had. Gotta love great customer service.

Do some serious shopping, and remember that most of the "big" vendors will price match if you feel more comfortable (as I do) buying from them.

njseifrick
njseifrick's Reviews
03-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Great ride, not too harsh.
Cons: Needed zj front springs to level 06 LJ Rubicon
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This lift was on Jeep when I purchased it. Front end was low and discovered I had an entire OME lift except for the front springs which were original mopar with a 2 inch spacer. After researching and discussing with OME rep decided to swap out the original springs and spacer with OME934 SJ front springs. This leveled up everything and improved the ride. Also added OME SD40 steering stabilizer.

Filthy-Beast

Filthy-Beast's Reviews
03-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Good quality, nice ride.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I went with the heavy duty YJ/TJ springs in a kit from Rokmen for my LJ Rubi.
Everything fit correctly and ride is a little stiffer than stock, however this is what I want since it will loosen up over time.

Danegerous

Danegerous's Reviews

03-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Price: $320.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I actually have the long travel shocks, they work great. I can't really tell the potential because I don't have any real weight on the front or rear.

flnbar

flnbar's Reviews

03-16-2009, 02:07 AM
Price: $379.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy install. Great product. Nice color ;-)

Orderd econo-kit from dpg offroad. Came with RE 1.75" spring spacers and 1" rear bumpstops.

R1Blueboy
R1Blueboy's Reviews

03-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Price: $850.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got the 2.5" HD. With JKS ACOS in front and RubiX 3/4 spacer in rear.. Total og about 3.5" of lift..

Moon_Rover
Moon_Rover's Reviews

02-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Your jeep will not ride like a Cadillac but you will be happy with this product. It improved handling as well as comfort.

Rigger007
Rigger007's Reviews

01-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Price: $79.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are great shocks. I'm impressed, but I only heard good things so it's no surprise really.