post #1 of Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Monroe - Max-Air Shocks

The Max Air® shock absorber is ideal for vehicles that haul heavy loads or tow trailers. Designed to maintain level vehicle height, they can be inflated or deflated as needed...from 20 psi to 150 psi with the vehicle loaded.

A pair of Max Air shock absorbers can maintain ride height when up to 1,200 lbs of additional weight is loaded.

Packed in pairs that include air line, air fittings, and air fill kit.

Capacity is limited by vehicle suspension, tires and transmission. See vehicle owner's manual for details.
  1. All Weather Fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction.
  2. Full Displaced Valving: Better valving range on both the compression and extension cycles of the unit for a smooth comfortable ride.
  3. Sintered Iron Piston: Stronger than traditional metals, enhances durability for long service life.
  4. Lubricated Air Sleeve: Reduces friction for longer service life. Provides smoother operation during suspension movement.
  5. 1/2" Piston Rod: Hardened and precision ground rod for consistent performance and long service life.
  6. Special Air Fitting: Resists air leakage.
  7. Large Volume Air Chamber: Inflates up to 150 psi with vehicle loaded. Deflates for normal driving.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxair.jpg
Views:	646082
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	99234  
post #2 of Old 01-12-2010, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Monroe's Max-Air shocks do what they advertize. They installed fairly easily, and routing the air lines and attaching the fill fitting was simple. They ride at least as good as stock, and allow you to compensate for larger loads and towing. And allow you to tune the rake if you so please. I installed them to help with towing, and my sagging rear springs, and it has worked so far.

My only quarrel so far is the passenger shock fill nipple is supposed to go to the inside, but I had to position it the other way to avoid the exhaust. This gives little clearance between it and the "frame". It has not been a problem (the line has enough room to turn away), but you have to put the line in before you bolt the shock up.

You can also add a cab control and fill kit that has a compressor, dash gauge, and controls to adjust the pressure from the drivers seat (Airlift 25804). A bit pricy, (around $100) but adds a degree of convenience if you so wish. (I have OBA so its no big deal to inflate when needed)

_=====o000o
//__l_l_,\____\,____
l_--\_l__l_/--|lllll|
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.