Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Shocks > JKS Bar Pin Eliminators

FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

JKS Bar Pin Eliminators Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Shocks Next Product

JKS Bar Pin Eliminators

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

Average Price: $98.75
Manufacturer: JKS
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 0

Does your Jeep? have that annoying rattle or thumping sound that you can actually feel coming from the floorboard through your feet when you hit bumps? Have you tried tightening every suspension component you can find to no avail?

"Bar Pin Eliminators" were designed to eliminate this very issue.

Because of the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) bar pin design on the lower end of your front shock absorbers there is no compression (preload) on the bushing, which allows the bushing to move freely within the shock loop eye. Because this allows the suspension to act independently of the shock for the first 1/8" or so before the shock can respond, it allows the axle to slam into the bushing, causing the sound you hear and thump you feel. This symptom will only get worse with time as the bushing slowly deteriorates from the OEM bar pin slamming into it over and over again.

"Bar Pin Eliminators" preload the bushing to the desired dimension specified by the shock's bushing manufacturers. Compressing the bushing in this fashion actually preloads the bushing in such a manner as to fill the shock loop eye completely. Now you've eliminated the rattles or thumping noises associated with your shock bushings. I've used these for three years now, and I'd do it again if I had the chance. If you have thumps over bumps, this is the best money you can spend!

Also, the "Bar Pin Eliminators" increase the shock extended and compressed lengths by .400", which is good if your shocks are too short, but could be bad if you are running shocks that are too long for your application.

http://www.jksmfg.com/support.htm
http://www.jksmfg.com/support/install_bpe_pn9603.pdf WJ manual

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

chinookgod

chinookgod's Reviews
08-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Sturdy, easy to install
Cons: Cheap, wear out easy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fairly decent at dampining blows, but there are better out there. These are good for a budget lift

JerseyWJ

JerseyWJ's Reviews
03-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Cheap addition for best ride
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Why not spend the extra 40 bucks for a great accessory for the front shocks?

nrpalmer32

nrpalmer32's Reviews
01-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Very strong design, nice finish, no extra noises will using them and makes a good strong point for mounting the shocks
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have these front and rear on my XJ and they seem to do exactly as advertised. They were not hard to install and don't ever plan on them braking.

Mayfair_Jeeper

Mayfair_Jeeper's Reviews
01-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Price: $15.00
Pros: I guess they do what they are supposed to.
Cons: Pain in the arse to install without a vice.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: As described

richs347
richs347's Reviews

11-17-2007, 11:35 PM
JKS Bar Pin Eliminators
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had a suspension sytem that was only about 5mo old but the bushings in the shocks didn't look like they were holding their position in the shock head. I installed the bar pin eliminators and the suspension was notably more responsive. For something so simple the money spent on this product was worth the feel and improvement of the suspension. I also want to guess that the start of spotty patches on my tires was a result of the shock moving around. (Similar to what you may experience with shock failure).

Good overall product.