Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Shocks > Doetsch Tech DT 3000

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Doetsch Tech DT 3000 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Shocks Next Product

Doetsch Tech DT 3000

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $155.00
Average Price: $104.14
Manufacturer: Doetsch Tech
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 1

he DT3000 shock absorber is designed to exceed industry standards. Our commitment to quality allows us to offer a limited lifetime warranty. The DT3000 shock features multi-stage valving, providing a smooth comfortable ride on the street and controlled off-road performance and durability.

Twin Tube
Large 1 3/8" Piston
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Cellular Closed Cell Foam
Double Wall Construction
Double Welded for Added Strength
Baked Enamel Finish or High-Tech Chrome Plating

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

CJ7-Tim

Real Jeeps have dents.
CJ7-Tim's Reviews

03-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Price: $179.00
Pros: Low cost. Smooth medium-firm ride on pavement, excellent suspension control on 4x4 trails.
Cons: Paint
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The DT-3000 has a smooth medium-firm ride on pavement, and excellent suspension control on 4x4 trails, very similar to the UpCountry gas shocks that were original equipment. After numerous Mn winters and contact with road salt, the shock tubes are rusty. This is no different than any other brand/type of shocks I have owned. Sanding and repainting them is easy, and works well. The chrome shaft showed some light rust, but applying a light coat of axle grease cured that issue. I have had no problems with bushing life or squeaking. The shock performance has not changed significantly as the mileage on them adds up.

I would buy another set of DT shocks before I would spend money on any Rancho shock or any shock with Hydro or Nitro in its name.

letitloose06

letitloose06's Reviews

05-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Give soft ride when new.
Cons: Finish is cheap, rust prone, pistons rust quickly and cause shocks to leak.
Recommended? No

Comments: The shocks came with my RE 4" lift for my YJ. When first installed they were a great improvement over the 15 year old OEM shocks. These shocks supposedly come with a lifetime warranty, however it doesn't cover the finish on the shock body or the piston.

After only one year the body and piston of the shocks began to rust. The pistons became very pitted and caused the seals to leak. These were installed on a Jeep that saw mostly street use and the occasional weekend off road trip. The Jeep was washed regularly in both summer and winter months. I will definitely not buy these again.

julietkilo

julietkilo's Reviews

03-24-2011, 12:53 AM
Price: $45.00
Pros: The best riding shocks for the TJ at any price Low Price (45 shipped each) Lots of styles and sizes
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Comparison

Doetsch Tech DT3000 Soft, controlled, absorbs the bumps on road perfectly, lots of flex and sizes
Stock Rubicon High Pressure Shocks, Hard jarring ride, very controlled in turns, but are too stiff on street, good offraod
ProComp ES3000, VERY Hard, Great off road, crap onroad, takes away from the fun

I paid 180 directly from the California Doetsch tech site, called and spoke with Carol Martinelli, great customer service and got the exact shock I wanted and MADE IN THE USA. Best shock for the money period.

I have not tried the great and mighty OME Old Man Emu shocks but they are twin tube (same as DT3000) and not worth the extra cash when these are so great and made in the US.

The front Shocks are 3248 (22.50 extended 13.50 compressed) 24.5 with bar pin eliminators front
The rear Shocks are 3163 (21.50 extended 13.00 compressed) 23.5 with bar pin eliminators rear

Surly
Surly's Reviews
01-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Excellent travel, Solid ride, Price
Cons: Finish
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like the way these ride over stock, and they have a great amount of travel. They suit me fine for the money I paid for them, but the only draw back is that the paint finish on them seems very prone to wear(may just be my experience). Refinished now... and riding great.

jeepinmichguy_

I haz ah Geep
jeepinmichguy_'s Reviews
03-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Price: $35.00
Pros: good ride, affordable
Cons: rust
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ive had a set of these on the yj for 6 years and they still ride good. Good travel and soft ride, I am not running any boots on these shocks and they are rusting pretty bad from the elements but still working well. would recommend.

JeepDoo

JeepDoo's Reviews

03-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Price: $155.00
Pros: cheap, long travel, not to stiff
Cons: durability, squeaking
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I paid 155$ through Northridge 4x4 for a set of 4 shocks. I have them on my Tj right now, with RE 4.5" springs. They ride a little stiff on the highway, but at slower speeds they are very soft. Unfortunately with 5" of lift on short arms, my ride is going to be bumpy anyway. I haven't been offroad with them yet but will soon.

EDIT: ok it's been a year since i got them. Ive noticed some squeaking in them recently, and they have loosened up a bit. But in a bad way, like i hit a speed bump and the Jeep jumps all around because they dont lock in like they used to.

Offroading however i really like these shocks. They have EXTREME travel. i would highly suggest these guys if you rock crawl and have a long arm. They aren't super stiff when driving fast on tracked out dirt, about the same as my old skyjackers. But like i mentioned earlier they seem to let the Jeep bounce around quite a lot. Obviously there are better shocks out there but i wouldn't steer you away from them if you are on a budget.