Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Shocks > Black Diamond AT Shocks

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Black Diamond AT Shocks Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Shocks Next Product

Black Diamond AT Shocks

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $200.00
Average Price: $122.16
Manufacturer: Black Diamond
Recommended?
Yes: 22 / No: 1

Black Diamond AT (Advanced Terrain) shocks are engineered for control with features like a high fluid capacity twin tube design, 10-stage velocity sensitive valving, 5/8" chrome rods, and polyurethane bushings in double arc-welded eyelets. Shocks have a white enamel finish and come with black boots. Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

skullyboy
skullyboy's Reviews
08-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: good price for a good shock
Cons: not adjustable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are a good basic shock.

geusey
geusey's Reviews
06-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Best priced off-road shocks
Cons: Backordered. Bummer.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good shocks for the price. Better than the crap you get from Autozone.

serna82290
serna82290's Reviews
07-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: easy on the wallet
Cons: didnt come with stickers on it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you're looking for an cheap upgrade from the oem shocks then look no further. work great for mild to moderate 4wheelin and are at an affordable price!

pants1558
pants1558's Reviews
05-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: cheap and they quite beefy. great ride
Cons: a little noisy on the trails
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i personally love these shocks. i have had them for about 2000 miles now and they have worn in perfectly. i have them matched up to a set of ome HD springs and my jeep thinks its my fiancÚs old caddy as far as ride quality. deffenitly an improvement over stock shocks i can tell you that much!

Necromancer_tat

Where'd all my money go?
Necromancer_tat's Reviews

02-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: I got these shocks for free since they were on my rig when I first purchased it. These shocks rode great! They rode good and had good wheel travel. I'll give these shocks 4 of 5 stars. I've owned better shocks, but one of those shocks cost more than 4 of these..
Cons: The only con I have is that I gave them away when I purchased new Fox/Savvy shocks... Now I'm $500 into new shocks, and my Jeep rides even worse than it did with the Black Diamond shocks.
Recommended? No

Comments: I had these shocks on my rig when I first purchased it. My rig had an ok ride, but the springs would unseat at full droop and I wanted a spring that wouldn't do that. So I purchased Currie springs for all 4 corners, and Fox/Savvy shocks that were/are supposed to be tuned for the Currie springs. Well long story short: My rig now rides worse than it did before, and I'm out a whole bunch of money... I wish I would've stayed with my Black Diamond shocks...

halzyon17
halzyon17's Reviews
04-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: part of "complete" suspension upgrade kit
Cons: missing ubolts in kit, minor annoyance
Recommended? Yes

Comments: came in kit with add a leaf and new springs. came without u-bolts so watch out for that. these shocks are a definitely improvement over stock, with a smoother ride, as smooth as it gets for a YJ

Lefty
Lefty's Reviews

02-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: I love them. Went from the Rubicon Express shocks that come with the 2" coil spacer lift to these and I felt a difference instantly. 10x better ride.
Cons: None really. What to do with the dust boot that I won't use?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Paid around 200 bucks. Worth it. Took the tank feeling out the TJ when hitting a bump.

Randonexplosion

Trailer Queen
Randonexplosion's Reviews
11-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Price: $38.99
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: Made in Mexico
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Haven't had too much experience with shocks, and I just replaced the old ones after buying my YJ. It seems like it took a few miles for them to break in but ride quality seemed to improve conciderably (for a YJ)

cbossio
cbossio's Reviews
08-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Work as promised
Cons: nadda
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these to replace a new set of KYB mono-tubes. When it comes to shocks, bigger price does not equal better. I originally opted for mono-tube construction because of the off-road benefits, but if your jeep sees any blacktop at all they should be avoided. Mono-tubes are so stiff it actually made me jeep sit about an inch higher. I had to compress these with a floor jack and position them with pry bars. You will feel a dime if you drive over it. Stick with some decent quality twin tube shocks like black diamond. Twin tubes will take a little bit more of a beating and your back/butt will thank you. I ultimately chose these because I could remove the stock bar pin easily and the came with shock boots.

jeepchief
jeepchief's Reviews
05-06-2010, 02:14 AM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Good shocks, solid
Cons: no shock decals
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good, solid shocks, only have had them on for a couple hundred miles

mtnmarc
mtnmarc's Reviews
11-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Pros: plain white, simple
Cons: looked too short
Recommended? Yes

Comments: when i got these shocks in the mail, i called to make sure they were the correct size. they were. the plan white is ver simple and i like the look from behind on a wj where you can see the shocks. a lil stiff, but they are good on freeway

JDePietro

JDePietro's Reviews
07-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Price: $154.00
Pros: Thick meaty shoocks, included the black boots, not too hard and not too soft a good in the middle shocks.
Cons: No stickers?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had to wait 3 months to get these buggers but I love them. My old stock shocks were beat to hell and had pretty much given up on providing any resistance. The only thing that really pisses me off is there were no stickers! Not on the shocks, not in the box, I am the only person who can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm running BD.

npomm
npomm's Reviews

04-04-2009, 03:08 AM
Black Diamond AT Shocks
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice but noticed they aren't as quiet as my gas shocks. They look tough on it as I have a rear bumper that allows me to show them off.

tirus89
tirus89's Reviews

12-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Black Diamond AT Shocks
Price: $142.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good shock. Good for people on budgets. Withstand the abuse on and off road

yjIslander91
yjIslander91's Reviews

10-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Black Diamond AT Shocks
Price: $36.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good stock replacement shock, noticeable handing and performance difference helps take stress off worn springs.

MoonyJohn

Mountain Climber
MoonyJohn's Reviews

10-28-2008, 01:23 AM
Black Diamond AT Shocks
Price: $154.60
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not bad of a shock. You get what you paid for. Its a little stiff, but I dont mind

xeneau
xeneau's Reviews

09-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Black Diamond AT Shocks
Price: $85.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Needed longer than stock shocks. These fit the bill. They work well
for my minor off roading applications.

Mike Cooper
Mike Cooper's Reviews

08-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Black Diamond AT Shocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice shocks for thier price, perform well off and on road. Good deal if you want a great shock, but dont want to spend a fortune

NYC_ZJ

Jeep for LIFE!!
NYC_ZJ's Reviews

04-23-2008, 04:47 AM
Black Diamond AT Shocks
Price: $142.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Inexpensive! Look s good but i dont think they ride as well as other shocks i've had. Took off Monroe Sensa-trac and put on B.D. shocks. I don't like a shock that doesn't expand to its full lenght on its own. Might go back to Monroes or maybe MX6's one day. But a good shock for the price.

Davis87YJ
Davis87YJ's Reviews

04-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Black Diamond AT Shocks
Price: $140.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Maybe a little on the soft side, will give you more of a stock ride, not as harsh as Bilsteins. The price is right though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last