32K views 40 replies 39 participants last post by  wraycoli 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $320
Rating 4
Average Price $229.61
Manufacturer Bilstein
Recommended Yes: 41 / No: 0

The 5100 Series offers traditional Bilstein technology with applications for lifted trucks, Jeeps and prerunners. The 5100 Series shock absorbers are designed for specific manufactured lift kits utilizing the stock O.E.M. mounting configuration. 5100 Series shocks feature Bilstein's superior single tube high gas pressure design for the upmost in consistent fade-free performance and long life. Bilstein's patented Digressive self-adjusting valving delivers improved damping control and a smooth ride on all road surfaces at any speed.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Price $65
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: What can I say -- Bilstein is great. Firm, yet it absorbs pot holes and bumps well. Has great handling that's firm and solid when riding at any speed.

#10 ·
Price $320
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Great shocks, great ride and takes curves at a great rateGreat shocks, great ride and takes curves at a great rateGreat shocks, great ride and takes curves at a great rate

#12 ·
Price $800
Pros great off road handling. can hit 30mph on bumpy dirt roads, and yet can flex exceptionally while also being a DD. sorta stiff but comfortable and predictable
Cons none yet
Recommended yes

Comments: these shocks put up well with the rigors of offroad. they take the beating i put on them while playin in dirt. stiff enough to drift on dirt yet at slower speeds, flexing over obstacles is easily done. goes great with the 3 1/2 inch installed in my wrangler and i feel i can possibly hit over 30 in the dirt roads..want to try them in the sand though.handles pretty well on the freeway, allowing me to hit 80 with 33'' tires but more comfortable at 70. im impressed.

#13 ·
Price $66
Pros made a world of diff vs org 107k miles shocks. it now drive like a big car rather than numb truck
Cons none other than price, but you get what you paid for?
Recommended yes

Comments: none other than price, but you get what you paid for?
easy install 1-2hr
prob monroe new shocks would have helped compare to org 107k mile shocks but i thinking about keeping this car another 100k so got the best recommended shocks... tirerack.com had best price shipped

#14 ·
Price $120
Pros Good sport feeling, does quite well on curves.
Recommended yes

Comments: These shocks are great if you do not have to deal with speed bumps. Have a nice sport driving feel, excelent cornering.
One of the shocks went out prematurely, luckly they are guaranteed for life but still have to pay for labor to replace.

#17 ·
Price $300
Pros Better handling, more predictable ride
Cons little stiffer than stock
Recommended yes

Comments: So far so good, they have only been on the car for a few days but I noticed a huge difference in handling and stopping distance. Much better than stock. It feels more like a truck now and less like a station wagon.

#20 ·
Price $40
Pros Vastly improved street handling characteristics
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: These shock are fantastic. I was told by several people at my shop to just "get some Bilsteins and be done with it." They were right. It's like having a different vehicle when cornering hard. Can't recommend them enough for any street applied vehicle.

#21 ·
Price $160
Pros Amazing handling characteristics
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Can't say enough about how much I like these. Guys at the shop just said "get some Bilsteins and be done with it." They were right. Fantastic upgrade for low cost to any street applied vehicle.

#22 ·
Price $260
Rating 5
Pros Noticeably smoother & quieter over the Gabriel shocks that were on the TJ when I bought it.
Cons None yet
Recommended yes

Comments: My '98 TJ now has 138K on it and has a stock suspension. When I bought the Jeep 9 months ago, it had some old Gabriel shocks on it. They looked ancient and very rusty. I didn't think that my Jeep drove the way it should. I decided to treat myself to some new shocks and bought the Bilstein HDs after reading the positive reviews here.

The Bilsteins turned my Jeep into a much smoother riding and stable vehicle. The road noise and rattles are much lower, too. I am very impressed.

#24 ·
Price $238
Pros look good, feel great, very well built, incredible dampening
Cons they dont install themselves
Recommended yes

Comments: Since ive been on the oem shocks for 158k miles. i shopped around for the best performance/valued shocks i could find. these are the ones. go them from shockwarehouse.com for nice price delivered.

#25 · (Edited)
Price $260
Pros exelent shocks great handling, less body roll, less nose dive at hard brake downs, smoother trough pot holes.
Cons price
Recommended yes

Comments: havent really tried them out yet, just mounted them, first impression is really good.

after tried out: exelent shocks great handling, less body roll, less nose dive at hard brake downs, smoother trough pot holes.

#26 ·
Price $340
Pros High quality shocks and struts, price
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Got the front Struts (Bilstein 4600 HD) off Tire Rack for $198 including 2 day shipping, got the rear shocks from 4 Wheel Parts for $140. Very nice shocks and struts, rides amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.