Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Suspension > Shocks > Bilstein 5100 Series

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Bilstein 5100 Series Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Shocks Next Product

Bilstein 5100 Series

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $480.00
Average Price: $273.17
Manufacturer: Bilstein
Recommended?
Yes: 110 / No: 4

Some of the highest quality shocks I have seen. Brushed aluminum casing really adds for a great look and light weight. Extremely smooth ride even with the highest of lifts.

A+

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last

AzPinstriped

AzPinstriped's Reviews
02-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Price: $380.00
Pros: great dampening, no more teeth jarring hits with hydro's, great at controlling sway on turns.
Cons: havent found any yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: for the price, it cant be better than this. The difference is night and day over what i replaced.

93zjer
93zjer's Reviews
01-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Price: $80.00
Pros: amazing on wash board and still nice on the road.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought them from kolak. very happy. actually cant remember the price.

famousstar1026

famousstar1026's Reviews
12-27-2011, 02:54 AM
Pros: amazing shock rides great look super nice polished up
Cons: bar pins and bushing have to be pressed out and replaced if your going to use jks bar pin eliminators
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bar pins and bushing have to be pressed out and replaced if your going to use jks bar pin eliminators its a pain but well worth the effort

4Doors
4Doors's Reviews
11-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Price: $320.00
Pros: Holy smokes, they really are the cat's meow like everyone says they are. Totally transformed my WJ.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was looking to increase my handling and stability and decided I was being stupid by playing around with cheap components. Ditched the Rancho RS5000 (not pressurized) for these and the difference is night and day. I'm a convert and even ordered a set for our Yukon XL right away. The price was $320 shipped and you get what you pay for, but honestly these aren't much more than the cheaper options.

todbld
todbld's Reviews
10-30-2011, 02:01 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Great handling, rides semi smooth
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these because they were cheap at the time. Ride is pretty smooth as I don't expect to have a smooth ride in a wheeler. Handling is great. Install was pretty straight forward. Knocked out the install in less than an hour.

chopperkid2000

chopperkid2000's Reviews
10-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Price: $79.00
Pros: Look kewl
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I changed shocks and springs but a huge difference from rough country 2.2's

straightZJ6
straightZJ6's Reviews
09-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Price: $89.00
Pros: their a smooth ride
Cons: the price is outragous
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are the most smoothest ride i have every felt.
also they can be adjusted to 2inch budget boost, with out having to upgrade your shocks!

vondy98
vondy98's Reviews

09-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Price: $480.00
Pros: solid shocks, look good
Cons: a bit stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you really need new shocks these are good shocks and they look good. However they are a bit stiffer than i anticipated and didnt make my jeep ride much smoother.

BlackDaddyZJ

BlackDaddyZJ's Reviews
09-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Pros: Absolutely amazing ride
Cons: none whatsoever
Recommended? Yes

Comments: these things ride absolutely amazing, by far best shocks i have ever had

IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler
IH8PEPL's Reviews

08-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Pros: Finish is nice...
Cons: Baby blue shock boots. Bar pins made clunking noise from day 1 - bushing and bar pin suck! Really stiff ride on road. JKS BPE will not work with these.
Recommended? No

Comments: When I ordered these I based my purchase on this review. Upon recieving the shocks I was pissed that the shock boots were baby blue - what company thinks for a second that baby blue is a good color for anything that goes on a Jeep! So right there I was out $21 for black boots. Installed them, and got this horrible knocking sound. Bar pins and bushings are **** right out of the box - all 4 make the clunking sound. So now I got JKS bar pin eliminators ($90) to fix the issue. Problem is the bar pins are molded to the rubber bushings - Surprise JKS bar pin eliminators which are needed to fix the clunk wont work - you have to replace all the bushings... now im out even more money for bushings while the shocks are cut up and my jeep sits in the garage. The ride isnt even that good - the shocks seem to do fine offroad, but on road they are so stiff you feel EVERYTHING!

DONT waste your time or money! Go with OME, Rubicon Express or any other vendor.

Ive never had such a hassle with such a simple part...

I could have bought some top of the line shocks with all the BS I have gone through with these.

PLEASE PM me if you want me to talk some sense into you before making a horrible mistake!

ajmorell

ajmorell's Reviews
08-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Pros: Everything about these shocks is awesome
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I recently replaced some cheap Skyjackers with a set of 5125s up front in my ZJ and it made all the difference in the world.

briguy3030
briguy3030's Reviews

07-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Price: $79.95
Pros: Excellent Bilstein quality Cheaper than Old Man Emu
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Stiffer than stock on road, yet responsive & predictable.
AMAZING the rocks!! Dampens well.

conrasm

conrasm's Reviews

07-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Pros: Good ride, good on road control. No body roll around turns.
Cons: A little pricey, but worth it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these to replace the Rough Country 2.2 shocks that came with my RC 4" long arm kit for a 2000 TJ. The RC's rode OK, but were a little too firm for on road use. The 5100's don't have the harshness over explansion joints and are a little softer on the highway. Much improved ride quality. I do not notice any increased body roll or nose dive with braking.

Rear's were a little of a challenge to get on due to the nitrogen charge. My arms were spent after compressing/holding them and trying to get the bolt in. I should have jacked up the vehicle and left the axle droop to make it easier. Front was easy.

Overall, very satisfied with the ride of these on the long arm kit over the 2.2's. I can't compare to stock since my TJ had some cheap, probably skyjacker hydros one when I bought it. The Bilsteins ride a better with the lift compared to stock with the hydros. My ashtray doesn't pop open anymore when driving. About the only objective info I can offer.

SolidBrass

SolidBrass's Reviews
04-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Pros: You know the Germans always make good stuff. (ask the sham wow guy) It's a nitrogen shock!
Cons: Might need to remove any PBE's or relocation brackets to get proper travel. (on my 4" lifted version)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Be advised photo's don't dictate orientation as these have the tube side up. I'm not complaining just pointing out ALL the online photos are wrong. (at least on the 4" lifted version)

Nitrogen gas beats what ever oil was (or wasn't) in the stock lift kit shocks.

Narrow tube design gives me lots more clearance with fuel tank.

Moab4Life
Moab4Life's Reviews
04-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Amazing on and off handling. Better handling from stock all around.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are worth the money. I also have Procomp 9000 on my other WJ. Compared to the Procomps these are superior on and off road.

robbijer
robbijer's Reviews
03-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: work great
Cons: manufacture is changing part numbers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Replaced worn out Fabtech shocks, much better ride. I have the 4" lift long travel version.

jmauld
jmauld's Reviews
02-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Pros: High Quality, great ride.
Cons: Not a perfect fit for a 2" lift.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: High Quality, great ride. Not a perfect fit for a 2" lift.

cdduffman
cdduffman's Reviews

02-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Pros: Great Ride, Smooth and responsive. Perfect, would have it anyother way. ride like a whole new jeep
Cons: none soo far, maybe too smooth
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only hard part was taking the back 2 shocks off. Definitely recommend!!!

martini_thief
martini_thief's Reviews
12-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Price: $325.00
Pros: Soft, Controlled.
Cons: Almost to soft?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They look nice (if shocks can look nice). The body roll seems a little worse then the Rancho 5000's I had before. The ride is much softer then stock and the Rancho's. Freeway driving feels safe. All in all... exactly what I was expecting for just under $75 a shock.

frAnken_rubi

frAnken_rubi's Reviews
12-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Awesome ride, much better than stock
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this in addition to my clayton LA lift. The ride has been much more smooth that when the jeep was stock. Great shocks to have.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last