Rugged Ridge Heavy duty differential skid plate, Dana30

5K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Jwhughes3 
#1 ·
Product Information
Rating 4
Average Price $69.91
Manufacturer Rugged Ridge
Recommended Yes: 12 / No: 0

This is a well built skid plate with drainage passageways for mud and water to get out from behind it. It came with all mounting hardware.

#2 ·
Price $49.99
Pros A heavy duty diff guard at half the price of a warn but with the same exact steel and thickness.
Cons NONE
Recommended yes

Comments: This is a great diff guard that only cost half of what warn ask's for there's. It also is constructed with the same exact thickness and type of steel as warn's. Great product and i highly recomend it.

#3 ·
Price $120
Pros Heavy plate steel fit great
Cons non yet
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought these to protect my differentials during offroading. So far I've hit them into stumps and into rock hard dirt with now marks or worries to my diffs. I would recommend if you plan to go off roading get these. The price is right for the protection they offer, and a quality product too.

#5 ·
Price $140
Pros Simple to install, good protection
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Certain of the holes needed to be enlarged to allow use of the standard bolts. Didn't like the torx bolts that came with them

#6 ·
Price $70
Pros Strong, easy to install
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Certain of the holes needed to be enlarged to allow use of the standard bolts. Didn't like the torx bolts that came with them. I also have it for the Dana 44 on the rear.

#7 ·
Price $59.99
Pros Easy to install, bolts on over existing cover
Cons non so far
Recommended yes

Comments: First piece of armor I put on the Jeep. After coming down on the diff cover just one time, I immediately ordered and put this guard on. I've since dropped down pretty hard on it and it just barley scuffed the paint. It certainly isn't the best out there, but the price was right. The con is that it does make filling the diff with oil a little more difficult, but the protection is worth it.

#9 · (Edited)
Price $59.99
Rating 4
Pros Less expensive than the Warn equivalent. Heavy duty.
Cons Welds could have been a little cleaner.
Recommended yes

Comments: Had both the 30 and 44 on for about a month now...they look great and of course went on easy. I haven't wheeled with them yet, but they sure look and feel like they'll hold up just fine.

#10 ·
Price $54
Pros Thick steel, access to filler plug, mounting hardware included, good quality at an affordable price.
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Quality armor for the price, thick steel and ease of installation made this fun to put on. I took the opportunity to change my diff fluids since you loose some anyway. Looks great since I painted it to match my stinger bumper and sway bar disconnects.

#11 ·
Price $70
Pros Price. Easy install. Don't need to remover the stock cover.
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: This is for the Rugged Ridge D44 "Jeep" front diff guard that covers the bottom half of the stock cover. I offroad just enough to be concerned about hitting that odd rock that might cause expensive damage. An easy install because you don't need to take the stock cover off and deal with the extra work, mess and cost of changing the oil and gasket.

#13 ·
Price $45
Pros Heavy duty
Cons none yet
Recommended yes

Comments: Easy install and heavy construction. Looks to provide good protection against puncture. Bought front and rear for D30 and D35

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.