Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Differential Guards > Ruff Stuff Specialties Ruff Stuff Differential Cover

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Ruff Stuff Specialties Ruff Stuff Differential Cover Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Differential Guards Next Product

Ruff Stuff Specialties Ruff Stuff Differential Cover

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $200.00
Average Price: $112.43
Manufacturer: Ruff Stuff Specialties
Recommended?
Yes: 15 / No: 0

D30 / D35 Differential Cover

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

grim626

grim626's Reviews
11-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Price: $115.00
Pros: solid
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice heavy duty solid covers that you don't have to worry about

katuah

katuah's Reviews
12-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: super strong, great price, quality construction, plenty of options available (countersunk bolts, drain plug, etc)
Cons: none!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: No, they aren't covered in flashy welded on graphic tiddles, but these diff covers are monster. super thick, very clean welds, for good solid basic diff protection this is the best for the buck anywhere. and they have a Chrysler 8.25 cover!

lutzke21

lutzke21's Reviews
03-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Price: $14.00
Pros: Beefy, looks like they're bulletproof to .308.
Cons: Beefy, don't drop on foot.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the smoother look so I ground down the welds slightly. I don't consider this a con, because it's my personal preference.

GregB_00XJ

GregB_00XJ's Reviews
05-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Price: $90.00
Pros: SOLID, counter sunk nuts and a drain plug, increased fluid capacity.
Cons: Weight?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: SOLID is all I can say... they are well made, superb welding and line up perfectly. 10 out of 10 for "built for purpose" usability.

huntbuggy

huntbuggy's Reviews
01-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Very solid, very heavy - bulletproof. Bolts countersunk for fastener protection.
Cons: Heavy, makes installation a bit more of a chore and optional drainplug could be a shearing point.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Extremely well made and solid steel, available with decent fill and drain plugs and countersunk bolt holes.

dgareysmith

dgareysmith's Reviews
05-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: beefy
Cons: didn't come with hardward
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Didn't come with hardware

jpross81
jpross81's Reviews
03-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: thick 3/8" steel, not forged. Welds are nicely done. Heavy duty, recessed bolts.
Cons: The cover pinches the rubicon locker engagement air hose inside the differential.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: First off, let me say that these covers are a little shallower than the factory diff covers (at least on the side away from the gear). Before I installed these covers I put the covers up to the diff for placement. The cover would not seat properly b/c the rubicon air actuator hose/nipple was hitting the plate. I called ruffstuff and I think I talked to a guy named Dan. He told me that they would fit and all I had to do was install the cover and it would bend the hose/nipple enough to get it out of the way. He told me they will fit, but if I didn't want to take the chance I could return them..over all he was very helpful. Hesitantly I did as he said, checking for pinches and what not. Once I had both covers installed I went for a test drive and neither lockers worked. I pulled the covers back off and noticed that the clamp that holds the hose onto the nipple was very loose. I replaced the factory clamp with one from advanced auto and resealed both axles. After that everything worked great! Overall very happy with them...I feel sorry for any rock that gets smacked on its head with these things.

chevyx68

Tumble Bee
chevyx68's Reviews

02-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Thick and solid with a lower profile than tubular guards... Keep your steering as is
Cons: Hurts if you drop it on your foot.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 3/8in plate steel differential cover. Thick enough to make you never think of your diff cover ever again. Definitely gonna get one for the back as well. Very OEM in appearance while still outperforming (and outpricing) everything else on the market.

tupton
tupton's Reviews

02-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have 2 covers and they are both bomb proof. Nothing will hurt these bad boys!!!

cosninocanines

cosninocanines's Reviews

12-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Price: $115.00
Pros: Super heavy duty, well manufactured
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are really beefy I got 1 for the dana 44 and 1 for the dana 30 countersunk holes with all bolts and drain plug so they shouldn't ever have to come off. The price was very reasonable and shipping was prompt.

BlackBellamy

BlackBellamy's Reviews

09-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Price: $110.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's the single toughest thing on my Jeep. When the coming nuclear apocalypse melts my TJ, they'll be able to say it had a Ruff Stuff diff cover on it, because that will be the only thing remaining.

cdn_xj

I've returned to the fold
cdn_xj's Reviews

09-17-2008, 02:52 AM
Price: $130.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have one each of the D30 and C8.25 covers and can't say enough about them.

A 3/8" thick diff cover with 1/2" thick rings? If you manage to damage/break these diff covers you have bigger issues than leaky diff covers!

I an't remember offhand what I paid for them but the peace of mind is definitely worth it!

alvinl

alvinl's Reviews

07-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Price: $110.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have this cover on my D30 front differential. It is by far not the prettiest cover out there, but is extremely well built and will take a direct blow from a rock.

Hogwild

Hogwild's Reviews

07-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Pros: Countersunk bolts, large fill plug, massive, perfect fit, no contact issues with steering components
Cons: None, great product
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These diff covers are all business.

850GLT
850GLT's Reviews

06-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Solid construction, good fit. I was worried about contact with the gas tank or front track bar, but both covers fit great on a stock TJ.