Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Differential Guards > Rockcrusher Dana 30/35/44 Differential Cover

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Rockcrusher Dana 30/35/44 Differential Cover Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Differential Guards Next Product

Rockcrusher Dana 30/35/44 Differential Cover

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $200.00
Average Price: $102.08
Manufacturer: Rockcrusher
Recommended?
Yes: 31 / No: 2

Features:
• Lifetime warranty
• Thick nodular iron casting with reinforcing ribs
• Fully machined seal surface
• Machined bolt bosses for maximum clamping force

Benefits:
• Adds rigidity to weak factory housings
• Replaces weak factory stamped steel covers
• Large diameter fill plug for easy fluid replacement (where applicable)
• Higher fill plug location for increased fluid capacity

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

04WJLtd.
04WJLtd.'s Reviews

03-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works great!

maximum729

maximum729's Reviews

03-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Price: $129.00
Pros: Price, strenght, look
Cons: Communication with company, Backorder (9+months)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Customer service from RockCrusher Diffs:

After coming across RockCrusher Diffs I decided to place an order for a D30 and D35 on 5-31-07, The box finally showed up on my doorstep yesterday 3-5-08… over 9 months later. As most know, backordered items rarely have a solid expected time that they will be back in. Through the process there was a few months (SEVERAL TIMES) that I lost communication with the company, they simply stopped responding to e-mail messages. BUT when they did, they were helpful and polite.

Recommendation: If the cover you need is in stock, I would not hesitate buying from them, however, if it is on backorder… I would not be so fast to place an order. It seems that communication between the business/communication branch and the manufacturing branch is not 100%.
Awesome product… long long long wait….

FireMedicZ
FireMedicZ's Reviews

12-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Pros: Durable finish, Good design, Coolness factor 8.5
Cons: Bolt holes are a little tight, but easily managable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This cover offers great protection and along with a LubeLocker gasket, an easy install. It has a high fill plug to keep oil on the pinion bearings, for those with extreme pinion angles, just don't get it too full or you'll be spitting 90wt out of the breather tube

Lostj

Lostj's Reviews

09-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Beefy!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this diff cover with a aussie locker in a package deal from www.northridge4x4.com

The cover is beefy as heck compared to the stock cover.
I did have to grind one of the top "ribs" down some as it was rubbing the tierod ( i only have a 2" suspension lift)

Leroux

Leroux's Reviews

09-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Pros: Tough, Great fitment
Cons: Took forever to get it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Built tough, ive hit it hard against rocks and it held up great.

Roy_Bob
Roy_Bob's Reviews

05-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Pros: Tough?
Cons: Poor bolt pattern fit, leaky fill plug, poor fitting drain plug.
Recommended? No

Comments: Hmm. When I installed mine, I came up with three problems that make me not want to recommend it. (I installed a d44 cover on a rear International Harvester axle on my YJ).

A)The bolt pattern was quite tight. It took a good amount of trial and error trying to figure out which bolts to put in sequence to get all bolts installed. Maybe my old dana 44 is squashed over time but I think the tolerances are too tight. (Original equipment front dana 30 cover went back on with a new bash guard in about 10 minutes but it took me over an hour to wrestle the new one on the d44 rear).

B)The fill plug is very oddly threaded to me. The threads are not perpendicular to the hole, making it odd to thread on. There are easily two more threads catching at the top of the hole than the bottom.

C)The darn thing just plain leaks. I haven't been able to keep the diff oil from seeping out from the bottom of the fill hole. I didn't fill it to the top, but to about a 3/4 inch below so it's leaking from splashing or going uphills. Simply not acceptable to me.

I wish I hadn't wasted money on this thing since I'll probably go back to the original so I don't drip drip drip on the trail unless someone has a nifty trick to PM me for sealing up the fill hole..

BTW, with about 3.5 inches of lift, the cover still struck (lightly) the front of my gas tank. No biggie, the stock one did too.

Ichabod1960

Have Jeep, Will Travel
Ichabod1960's Reviews

01-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Pros: Nothing is going to hurt it.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My only issue with installing this cover on my D44 axle was that I had no clearance for tools becasue of my Kilby Gas tank skid. So I had to jack up the back of the LJ and put some floor jacks under the frame rails and let the axle drop to allow access to the bolts. Not a big deal and not Rockcrushers fault.

ASUsax
ASUsax's Reviews

01-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Pros: Beefy, Strong
Cons: Some mounting trouble
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Haven't hit the Trackbar with my 2" BDS, but I'm keeping my eye on it.

BluesMan

BluesMan's Reviews

12-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Pros: Strong
Cons: Hole pattern can be a pain.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: With my HD OME, I don't seem to have any issues with the track bar.

Edit, noticed that the track bar is rubbing on the front Dana 30 diff cover. Need to get out and dremel it down a bit.

rockhi

rockhi's Reviews

10-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Pros: Bomb proof
Cons: Lets just asy the tolerances in hole pattern is very precise...Be patient
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have these covers on front & rear witha 4" Lift & No problems at all. Excellant product that does it's job and at a great price ( Now that is!)

VinoTJ

VinoTJ's Reviews

08-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: heavy! stout!
Cons: heavy! - hits front trackbar on non-lifted TJ
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very strong, heavy - should take a good beating without comprising my diff.

Getting the fluid in is a PITA - need a good bottle pump.

The D30 diff skid was hitting my front track bar. I used the angle grinder and a dremel on it, but it still hits the trackbar when I hit a big bump/hole/etc.

neZZr

Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk
neZZr's Reviews

08-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Pros: Strong, Full replacement cover rather than just a guard
Cons: Contacts front trackbar on non-lifted TJs.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have D44 covers on both my diffs, but I don't believe a seperate product/review is in order... same product, different shape.

I also had a problem with the front diff contacting the trackbar on bumps, and it was especially bad due to the added weight of a winch on the front bumper. After installing a lift & additional bumpstop, there is no issue.

I've taken several hits to the front and only managed to scrape off the paint. I've dragged the rear diff over rock after rock, and I have no worries of it peeling back.

So while the front cover isn't ideal for non-lifted Jeeps, I'd still recommend them as a great way to protect your diffs.

digitalcox

Web Wheeler
digitalcox's Reviews

07-31-2006, 01:20 PM
Price: $115.00
Pros: Can take a beating, raised fill hole, lifetime warranty
Cons: Will hit trackbar with Jeeps under 3" of lift, raised fill hole could cause diff fluid to come out the breather
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I decided to purchase a Rockcrusher guard after I saw one of my friends Cherokee and all the hits it could take.

I installed mine on a TJ with a 2" budget boost. I started to hear a clank in the front end and realized that my stock trackbar would hit the top of it when I would go over bumps. Since then, I installed 3" springs up front and the problem is gone.

The other situation I would post is that even though it does have a raised fill hole, I wouldn't suggest filling it up to that. Driving at high speeds, or driving up hills for a period of time will actually put diff fluid in the breather and it will start spewing out in the engine bay. Talk about a nice sight.

-Justin

Page 2 of 2 1 2