Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Differential Guards > G2 - Differential covers

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

G2 - Differential covers Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Differential Guards Next Product

G2 - Differential covers

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $105.99
Average Price: $100.75
Manufacturer: G2
Recommended?
Yes: 2 / No: 2
Company Website: http://www.g2axle.com/

CoversG2 aluminum differential covers are manufactured from Heat Treated Aluminum, and are designed to dissipate heat while withstanding the rigors of the off road environment. Cast from a proprietary alloy developed for motorcycle engines, these covers not only cool your oil, they are designed and tested to add rigidity to your housing and protect the ring & pinion from damage.

FeaturesCast from light weight aluminum to dissipate heat
Reinforcing ribs for added rigidity and strength
Heat Treated & shot peened to handle direct impact
Fully machined seal surface for a leak free installation

IncludesHeavy Duty Cover
Mounting hardware & fill plug
Silicone Sealant

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

bill8bud

bill8bud's Reviews

07-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Extra capacity for oil drain plug Does not rub on gas tank skid on aYJ Looks
Cons: Hardware was grade 5 Hard to clean
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I picked this up for the price since my axle swap budget ran low at this point. I figured I would change it in the near future and buy a steel one. To be honest on a rear Dana 44 on a YJ this worked out great and I have no plans now on swapping it out. It can take some punishment and it made it simple to swap my gear oil after a river crossing. Buy extra gear oil you will need it.

TrailRated2011

TrailRated2011's Reviews

01-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Product design and logo looks nice and mfg. product specifications are attractive.
Cons: Metal-on-metal contact (impact) between rear track bar and PN 40-2033AL
Recommended? No

Comments: I own an un-lifted stock 2011 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Sport model. Last June my OEM rear diff. cover was replaced with an G2 Axle and Gear PN 40-2033AL Aluminum Differential Cover for Dana 44 Axle Assemblies.

The rear OEM track bar hits the diff cover when I go over bumps when I'm off-roading or going over speed bumps in the city.

Regretfully I now have switch back to my OEM diff. cover or install another aftermarket cover that has the required clearance.

See image at: http://www.webnameswb.ca/users/4227/...s/IMG_4462.jpg

contdevelop

contdevelop's Reviews

10-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Price: $97.00
Pros: Great price, especially compared to the competition. High quality. Holds more oil, so the pinion bearings are certainly not gonna run dry, and the cover has a built in drain plug.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought the Dana 44 cover for my TJ a few months ago, and was so impressed with everything, I just bought the Dana 30 cover yesterday.

In my opinion, all the other covers on the market are way over priced and over rated.

cdnroadwarrior
cdnroadwarrior's Reviews

10-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Price: $105.99
Pros: They look good and with their fins and increased oil capacity will help your diffs run cooler.
Cons: No instructions, no torque specs and recommended fluid capacity that came with the product. Also their drain plugs do not get as much oil out of the diff as the one that is already on the housing from the factory. The drain plug location is one of the first place that a rock will hit. I am also getting some rubbing front and rear with 1.5" of lift. Good thing is that the softer aluminium was ground down by my track bar, so now it clears it...
Recommended? No

Comments: I filled them up to the filling hole like any other cover and I was rewarded with oil coming out of the breathers after a short drive. That lasted for a few days.

I also had to tighten down the fill and drain plugs on 3 occasions because of "sweat stains".

New:
I recently flushed my diffs and after talking to the shop owner where I bought these, I decided not to fill them up to the fill hole in order to prevent the previous mess. I used about 600ml more than the factory specs, rounded off I put 2L in the Dana 30 and 2.5L in the Dana 44 of my JK.

I ended up putting some bearing grease on the plug threads to stop any leaking and that did the job.