Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Differential Guards > Currie Enterprises ramped HD cover for Dana 44 front differential

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Currie Enterprises ramped HD cover for Dana 44 front differential Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Differential Guards Next Product

Currie Enterprises ramped HD cover for Dana 44 front differential

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

Average Price: $122.00
Manufacturer: Currie Enterprises
Recommended?
Yes: 1 / No: 0

front differentials take a lot of abuse in desert racing and rock crawling applications. Installation of the ramped heavy duty differential cover will prevent damage such as puncturing of the cover. It uses 1/8"-thick plate steel for the guard, and also acts as a rock ramp to help the front end glide over obstacles. Covers include gasket and fill plug.

http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=1274

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

RubiOR
RubiOR's Reviews
10-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Price: $122.00
Pros: Beefy but not insane. Should clear the trackbar as good as the stock cover.
Cons: You need an extra-long hex socket (1/4") to get into some of the bottom bolts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Time to change the diff fluids & since I'll pull the cover I might as well upgrade. The cover is solid but not stupid-heavy like some. Comes with instructions (!), new bolts, an optional paper (?) gasket and RTV. With the armor only on the bottom half it should clear the trackbar (aftermarket or stock) as good as the stock cover. This is a big plus for my LCG plans. I have a LubeLocker gasket to go with it so that I can chuck the RTV. I'll report back later if I have any issues with leaking or interference with the stock Rubi locker's air tube.