Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Differential Guards > Crane Crane Extreme Duty Differential Covers

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Crane Crane Extreme Duty Differential Covers Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Differential Guards Next Product

Crane Crane Extreme Duty Differential Covers

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $190.00
Average Price: $147.50
Manufacturer: Crane
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 1

Crane differential covers have increased fluid capacity, higher fill plug position for vehicles with corrected pinion angles and the lipless design allows vehicles to easily slide over rocks without hanging. The Crane Extreme Diff Cover is virtually indestructable! The kit includes cover, RTV and attaching hardware....made with pride in the USA!

Available for the following models: Dana 30, 35, 44, 60, AMC Model 20, Ford 8.8, Chrysler 8.25 and GM Corporate 14 Bolt.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

snodevil11

snodevil11's Reviews
02-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: cast Cromoly steel so they're strong and can be welded to. I like the design which ramps over the bolts instead of most that have a lip around the edge.
Cons: None yet. Could stand to come with a diff style set of mounting bolts. I preffer the heads to be alen screw cap style instead of the 12point head style, which is more vulnerable to getting screwed up on rocks and such.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: pros and cons stated above should cover it. Otherwise they come coated in green powdercoat or bare, your choice. Include mounting hardware and fill plug.
Expensive, but worth it in my opinion. One of the best designs on the market. Has been copied by many others, but these are made of the best material period!

UCTJ

UCTJ's Reviews
11-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Great solid product.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well made product nothing bad to say about it.

CB3
Web Wheeler
CB3's Reviews

06-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Price: $170.00
Pros: Many. Lighter than other aftermarket covers of similar immense strength, yet as strong as they come. More front trackbar clearance than a Riddler. Way more front trackbar clearance than most aftermarket D44 diff covers. The Crane D44C (chromoly) cover has 1/4" to 1/2" more front trackbar clearance than a Riddler cover. I've measured both brands side by side. It has enough room and a flat spot on inside front of cover to add a nice big NAPA trasmission magnet to inside of cover. I think it's the best front D44 diff cover and a good rear D44 diff cover. I've owned ARB and Riddler before and had to remove both for hitting my front trackbar. The Crane has more clearance than most aftermarket covers, yet still more oil capacity than stock. I love the fill hole halfway up. Perfect place for diff oil fill hole on a 2.5" to 4" lifted Jeep. Very well machined gasket mating surface. Angled, flush lip, recessed mounting holes. Nothing to snag or break on rocks. Will slid over obstacles good.
Cons: Comes painted lime green, which conflicts with my paint scheme. You can request unpainted though. The raised logo on the front decreases the trackbar clearance some (Riddler is a bit worse for that though, and ARB cover is much worse). So I'm going to grind/sand off the raised logo to get the outside of cover smoothder and more trackbar clearance. The mounting bolts included with the kit stick out to far, defeating the purpose of the recessed mounting bolt bolt holes. The solution is to use regular bolts. I prefer grade 5 stainless bolts like come with a Riddler cover. In fact, I'm using Riddler bolts on my Crane cover to get the best of all things.
Recommended? No

Comments: I highly recommend this cover for any front or rear diff. It's among the best.

For the front diff of a D44 I think it is one of the best two covers made.

The other best front D44 cover is the Barnett cover that is sold by various places, including Currie.

alf4444

alf4444's Reviews

06-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Price: $130.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome Diff Covers!! Got these on ebay for $130 shipped, brand new. Install was simple and the harware kit that comes with it makes it even easier.

RubiCrawler_LJ
RubiCrawler_LJ's Reviews

03-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Price: $99.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Crane logo cast into the covers sucked; I wound up grinding them smooth and rattle canned them chassis black. The covers seem to be bulletproof. No clearance issues with OEM steering setup.

barry1me

barry1me's Reviews

03-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Price: $190.00
Pros: excellent quality, heavy duty construction
Cons: super heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great cover. If you can break one of these then you deserve an award. Very heavy duty will withstand years of punishment. One downside is they are very heavy.