Average Price $149.68
Manufacturer ARB
Recommended Yes: 21 / No: 0

High tensile, solid nodular
iron differential cover.
Ideal for competition rock
crawling or use on extreme
off road trails.

Computer optimized cross brace design increases the structural rigidity of the whole axle

Additional housing strength helps keep the ring & pinion gears meshing on the flat faces of the teeth, greatly increasing ring & pinion life and overall maximum load strength

Top quality, high power neodymium magnets are used in both the drain plug and the dipstick to collect metallic wear particles as the vehicle moves

Magnet location in the end of the dipstick allows the oil to be checked for tell-tale signs of internal damage

Prolonged carrier bearing life due to extra support to the bearing alignment

Approach/departure angle optimized by angled exterior surfaces

Unique dipstick/filler cap design allows differential oil level to be adjusted for customized high driveline angles

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $300
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: These things rock. Very solid and terrific features. Dipstick and drain makes this a very functional, unique product.

#3 ·
Recommended yes

Comments: Nice, how did you get them a different color?

#5 ·
Price $130
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Got the diff cover when we installed the locker. I love being able to check the fluid easily and got it for a great price.

#7 ·
Price $141
Pros Looks great and I got it on sale. It has a built in dipstick
Cons It did have any stickers
Recommended yes

Comments: Looks great it gives a nice touch to the front of your jeep. It has a built in dipstick and is a very easy way to fill your differential. The cover, itself, is pretty heavy which would make you believe that its heavy duty, lets hope so because I have hit some rocks with it. The only thing that I was disappointed in was that it didn't come with any stickers. I mean who doesn't like stickers. It would be nice if it came in other colors other than red. But i guess you can always have it painted.

#8 ·
Price $165
Pros Low Profile, Seperate fill and drain plugs, magnets, bullet proof
Cons It's red
Recommended yes

Comments: I installed this at the same time I did my Detroit and gears in the rear. The first big thing that noticed was the seperate fill and drain plugs. On the caps, there are magnets to collect all of the little metal shavings that come off when breaking in a new set of gears. The low profile is awesome as well.

#9 ·
Price $1
Pros it's wicked strong - Nice "dipstick" to check fuel levels.
Good fit.
Cons None that i've found.
Recommended yes

Comments: Awesome diff covers.
They are super strong - the dipstick is a fantastic idea, and the drain plug is also a nice "addition".

Very impressive.

#10 ·
Price $160
Pros HD! Able to check diff fluid without removing conver
Cons Color
Recommended yes

Comments: I wanted the best cover out there considering what it needs to protect! This is one HEAVY DUTY cover thats for sure. Not to mention being able to check diff fluid without removing the cover

Def worth the cost!

-Fusco

#12 ·
Price $149
Pros beefy
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: best diff cover ever

#13 ·
Price $169
Pros Dipstick
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: 2 Year Limited Warranty.

Fabricated from high tensile solid nodular iron that is tougher and harder than solid carbon steel, the new ARB differential cover is the ideal piece of equipment to protect your air locker and ring and pinion set up from the obstacle impacts of competition rock crawling and challenging off-road trails.

An incorporated, computer-optimized cross brace design adds over 900 foot-pounds of torsional rigidity to the entire axle assembly. The resulting increased flex strength in the housing encourages improved meshing of the ring and pinion gears and greater carrier bearing support for longer component life and overall load strength.

The low profile shape of the housing maximizes the running gear clearance around the unit and provides optimal approach and departure angles.

A unique combination dipstick and filler cap design allows for the differential oil levels to be adjusted for customized high driveline angles and allows the user to check the oil for possible water contaminations without having to drain the unit. Made from high quality rare earth magnets, both the dipstick and the drain plug are designed to collect any metal wear particles floating in the fluid.

Powder coated in red, CNC machined and then clear coated for durable finish, the ARB differential cover is the perfect way to protect your differential assembly.

#15 ·
Price $110
Pros dip stick and beautifully crafted
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: hands down the best cover i have ever seen. drain plug and fill with dip stick for the win. Allen head bolts that are recessed. fit is perfect.

#17 ·
Price $165
Pros BEEEEFY!! Drain and fill plug
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Very solid diff covers for some added protection. The best feasture on these is the drain and fill plug. Now I don't have to remove the diff cover and reseal it every time I want to change the diff fluid

#19 ·
Price $200
Rating 4
Pros Magnetized dipstick and drain plug
Looks great
Cons Front diff had some clearance issues with my JKS track bar. Some adjustment and playing around got it to clear though.
Recommended yes

Comments: Much stronger than stock. But so are other cheaper ones.. What hooked me was the integrated dipstick and drain plug. Each with a magnetized tip. Makes changing your diff fluid as easy as changing your oil. I like the look as well.

#20 ·
Price $189
Pros nice looking, strong, adds strength to axle assembly, drain plug/fill hole will be nice when adding/changing diff gear oil.
Cons Heavier than stock.
Recommended yes

Comments: these really look cool, and I hope will add strength to axle assembly as ARB claims.

#21 ·
Price $100
Pros very tough
Cons plugs seal with O-rings, and they dry out & leak
Recommended yes

Comments: Wouldnt trade them for anything. I have them front and rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.