Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Differential Guards > ARB Dana 44 Diff Covers

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

ARB Dana 44 Diff Covers Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Differential Guards Next Product

ARB Dana 44 Diff Covers

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $300.00
Average Price: $147.33
Manufacturer: ARB
Recommended?
Yes: 18 / No: 0

High tensile, solid nodular
iron differential cover.
Ideal for competition rock
crawling or use on extreme
off road trails.

Computer optimized cross brace design increases the structural rigidity of the whole axle

Additional housing strength helps keep the ring & pinion gears meshing on the flat faces of the teeth, greatly increasing ring & pinion life and overall maximum load strength

Top quality, high power neodymium magnets are used in both the drain plug and the dipstick to collect metallic wear particles as the vehicle moves

Magnet location in the end of the dipstick allows the oil to be checked for tell-tale signs of internal damage

Prolonged carrier bearing life due to extra support to the bearing alignment

Approach/departure angle optimized by angled exterior surfaces

Unique dipstick/filler cap design allows differential oil level to be adjusted for customized high driveline angles

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Idahojeepin44
Idahojeepin44's Reviews
09-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Looks tuff
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These looks bad to the bone

cplacke
cplacke's Reviews
11-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Price: $165.00
Pros: BEEEEFY!! Drain and fill plug
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very solid diff covers for some added protection. The best feasture on these is the drain and fill plug. Now I don't have to remove the diff cover and reseal it every time I want to change the diff fluid

chopperkid2000

chopperkid2000's Reviews
01-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Price: $149.00
Pros: drain fill plug.
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Drain plug a must.

titomars

titomars's Reviews
01-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Price: $110.00
Pros: dip stick and beautifully crafted
Recommended? Yes

Comments: hands down the best cover i have ever seen. drain plug and fill with dip stick for the win. Allen head bolts that are recessed. fit is perfect.

phantomwood

phantomwood's Reviews
12-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Indestructible
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very reliable

4LCKDRUBIUNLTD
4LCKDRUBIUNLTD's Reviews
06-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Price: $169.00
Pros: Dipstick
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 2 Year Limited Warranty.

Fabricated from high tensile solid nodular iron that is tougher and harder than solid carbon steel, the new ARB differential cover is the ideal piece of equipment to protect your air locker and ring and pinion set up from the obstacle impacts of competition rock crawling and challenging off-road trails.

An incorporated, computer-optimized cross brace design adds over 900 foot-pounds of torsional rigidity to the entire axle assembly. The resulting increased flex strength in the housing encourages improved meshing of the ring and pinion gears and greater carrier bearing support for longer component life and overall load strength.

The low profile shape of the housing maximizes the running gear clearance around the unit and provides optimal approach and departure angles.

A unique combination dipstick and filler cap design allows for the differential oil levels to be adjusted for customized high driveline angles and allows the user to check the oil for possible water contaminations without having to drain the unit. Made from high quality rare earth magnets, both the dipstick and the drain plug are designed to collect any metal wear particles floating in the fluid.

Powder coated in red, CNC machined and then clear coated for durable finish, the ARB differential cover is the perfect way to protect your differential assembly.

white_2003
white_2003's Reviews
06-14-2011, 01:09 AM
Price: $149.00
Pros: beefy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: best diff cover ever

flstfrk49
flstfrk49's Reviews
02-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Price: $136.00
Pros: heavy duty covers no leaks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good looking. Good protection. Makes it easy to change axle lube.

Fusco

Hey Now
Fusco's Reviews
09-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: HD! Able to check diff fluid without removing conver
Cons: Color
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I wanted the best cover out there considering what it needs to protect! This is one HEAVY DUTY cover thats for sure. Not to mention being able to check diff fluid without removing the cover

Def worth the cost!

-Fusco

Wallace
Wallace's Reviews
07-03-2010, 05:10 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: it's wicked strong - Nice "dipstick" to check fuel levels. Good fit.
Cons: None that i've found.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome diff covers.
They are super strong - the dipstick is a fantastic idea, and the drain plug is also a nice "addition".

Very impressive.

Disco69

Disco69's Reviews
02-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Price: $165.00
Pros: Low Profile, Seperate fill and drain plugs, magnets, bullet proof
Cons: It's red
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this at the same time I did my Detroit and gears in the rear. The first big thing that noticed was the seperate fill and drain plugs. On the caps, there are magnets to collect all of the little metal shavings that come off when breaking in a new set of gears. The low profile is awesome as well.

MBRUBICON
MBRUBICON's Reviews
09-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Price: $141.00
Pros: Looks great and I got it on sale. It has a built in dipstick
Cons: It did have any stickers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks great it gives a nice touch to the front of your jeep. It has a built in dipstick and is a very easy way to fill your differential. The cover, itself, is pretty heavy which would make you believe that its heavy duty, lets hope so because I have hit some rocks with it. The only thing that I was disappointed in was that it didn't come with any stickers. I mean who doesn't like stickers. It would be nice if it came in other colors other than red. But i guess you can always have it painted.

AlexGeorgakis

AlexGeorgakis's Reviews

02-26-2009, 09:33 AM
ARB Dana 44 Diff Covers
Price: $140.63
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very tough. Rocks don't stand a chance!!! Definitely an important investment if you're wheeling hard!

pigpen8304

pigpen8304's Reviews

12-13-2008, 12:51 AM
ARB Dana 44 Diff Covers
Price: $130.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got the diff cover when we installed the locker. I love being able to check the fluid easily and got it for a great price.

Islidur

Islidur's Reviews

10-31-2008, 09:31 AM
ARB Dana 44 Diff Covers
Price: $119.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice looking and tough. The dipstick is a nice feature. Installation was easy, cover lined up perfectly.

Military Jeeper

Military Jeeper's Reviews
09-19-2008, 05:56 AM
ARB Dana 44 Diff Covers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice, how did you get them a different color?

BRICKTOP2

Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr
BRICKTOP2's Reviews

06-24-2008, 05:54 PM
ARB Dana 44 Diff Covers
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These things rock. Very solid and terrific features. Dipstick and drain makes this a very functional, unique product.