Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Roll Cages > RockHard Ultimate Sport Cage

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfECGS Black Friday Sale!!Gear Installs at CCOR Special

RockHard Ultimate Sport Cage Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Roll Cages Next Product

RockHard Ultimate Sport Cage

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,100.00
Average Price: $649.81
Manufacturer: RockHard
Recommended?
Yes: 27 / No: 3

This is the main Sports Cage which includes everything from the factory bar forward to the dash and it fits hard tops or soft tops. Dash brackets are mounted to the bolt below your dome light switch and the 2 bolts above the switch. All Sport Cages are complete bolt-in, you do not remove any of the factory sport cage to install our unit! This means no drilling, no welding. The Sports Cage fits Soft and Hardtops. All hardware is included and comes unpainted. Rear Bars, Angle Bars, 5pt Harness Bars, Frame tie-ins, and padding kits are also available.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

dezertdirt

dezertdirt's Reviews

03-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: No welding required, Stiffens overall feel of the Jeep
Cons: Not great fit out of the box, weld quality
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this because there was no welding required. The manufacturing was ok but not the same quality as the bumpers that I got form Rockhard. The rear angle bars and windshield bars and the rear bar fit well. The center cross-vehicle bar on the center T section and the dash bar were about 1/2 inch short. When installed without modification, they put too much stress into the attachment of the factory over-door bar to the windshield. My concern was about the stress into windshield. I solve the problem by fabricating and adding material to the clamps between the T-section clamp on over-door bar and to the clamps on the dash bar to windshield bars. This added a full extra day to the install. At the end of all this, the roll cage fits and provides significant extra stiffness to the Jeep (much in the way a hard top would add driving stiffness). However, I expected a better fit for the price. Nonetheless I recommended this item because there are few options for a bolt-in cage and with these modifications it works for me. I hope that I'll never experience a roll-over, but I'm pretty sure that this cage will hold up in that event.

bbusch

bbusch's Reviews
12-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Price: $599.00
Pros: Nice tight fit with clean look
Cons: center plate that comes on the t bars should be an option, not standard.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very happy with the look and fit of the cage. I cut and trimmed the plastic moldings that come on the later model TJ's for a clean fit. I had to remove that pesky center plate that comes welded on the cage, was a pita to remove and I don't understand why it's mounted on the underside of the bars?

fedexsuprema
fedexsuprema's Reviews

04-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: if u r bored this is going to give a lot of job to be done
Cons: the frame brackets wont rich the frame the dash bar can only be tighten 1" above the dash plus the tube almost 3" gone from front view now only one side of the windshield frame is attached to the "excellent" cage. u have to paint it
Recommended? No

Comments: i bought this thinking on safety, now i cant see properly over the dash bar, the winshield frame can only be attached to one side, the frame (chassis) brackets cant be installed cus the just dont reach the frame by 1/2" both sides... this product was welded by someone with parkingson or hangover or both... a waist of money.... and the customer service sux.... i played a lot to make it fit just a bad product

U-turn
U-turn's Reviews
08-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Super Stought, And easy install
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed it and it looks great. Plenty of interior space and line of sight is still good. Hopfully I'll never have to tell how it works.

theducksguts

theducksguts's Reviews
07-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Bolt on, ties into frame if you get the extras
Cons: More expensive than DOM tubing of the same amount. Doesn't weld in.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like it a lot. Looks very clean, went together very easily. I sleeved the A-B pilar bars with some 1.5" .120 DOM tubing for extra strength. A lot cheaper than PSC.

Liquid741

Liquid741's Reviews
04-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Price: $525.00
Pros: Looks, feel, and grab points..built solid!
Cons: takes away of some of the front view...but totally worth it!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easily installed, and looks amazing..i would highly recommend this to anyone thinking of getting a roll cage addition.

dayriesw

Web Wheeler
dayriesw's Reviews
04-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Very good. Feels strong (I have not rooled the heep yet).
Cons: more hastle with taking the top off and on. The standard bikini top has problems attaching to the cage.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Product

RockyClymer

RedRock4Wheeler
RockyClymer's Reviews
08-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Very sturdy and well built, great fit, super strong joint fittings
Cons: Comes as bare steel - needs paint or powder coating
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was a safety add on that my wife wanted - came as bare steel and cost another hundred to powder coat. The installation required some drilling that I did not like and cutting the overhead foam padding around the roll bar, but I guess that is the price you pay for some addition roll cage safety. Great fit beyond that and goes OK in the interior - I did mine in flat black powder coat.

SuperWade2

More Money than Brains
SuperWade2's Reviews
04-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Installed by myself, solid, removable if I want to upgrade someday
Cons: Busted a couple bolts installing, took some time to get "tweaked"
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Prodcut

ElConq
ElConq's Reviews
03-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: The cage uses what is provided by the factory to 'enhance' its abilities. This is not a major change to the jeep. It won't require any welding, cutting large holes or removing the factory rear hoop.
Cons: Same a pros
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think RockHard was smart to call this a "Sport" cage and not a "Roll" cage.

The two are completely different levels of protection.

The "Sport" cage will likely get you through light to moderate situations like bangs, flops and maybe a low speed roll. Anything more your going to need a weld in Roll cage.

So purchase according to the level of your driving and don't expect the bolt on to perform as a weld in on the trail. I actually made a warning lablel for mine.

I don't see this as a bad purchase to get started. I've actually seen full weld in setups with inexperienced drivers have poor outcomes. This purchase just validates my further intrest in this sport and knowing full well "The harder you play, the more you'll pay".

gregdean13

gregdean13's Reviews

02-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Pros: easy to install
Cons: poor sloppy welds, over splater, un-finished, no powder coating option
Recommended? No

Comments: could not wait for the smittybuilt version to come out so I ordered the Rockhard sport cage. I feel better with the "upgraded" protection, but the welds are just crap. Theirs no other word for it, pin holes, too much material used and splatter all over, and it is unfinished. I wont say I regret it, just really let down by the quality. Not worth the money paid for it.

UCTJ

UCTJ's Reviews
11-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: An entry level mod.
Cons: Fitment sucked.
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought a rear C hoop spreader to go across the back. In theory it works good and is better than nothing but I could never get it to fit like its should. And there was nothing wrong with my OEM sports bar to start. The fitment sucks. Dont waste your money get a real cage to start anyway.

07JKX
07JKX's Reviews
11-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Pros: very stable, nice grab handles for vehicle entry, looks great
Cons: only a support cage not an additional frame mount
Recommended? Yes

Comments: has adequate bars to provide some lateral support of front cage bars. looks great with the top and doors off. good hand holds

gaTJgal

gaTJgal's Reviews

09-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Pros: Very stout, smooth welds. All hardware was included (hasn't rusted in the year I've had it either). Great place to park your tail to watch sunsets,etc. Haven't tested the cage yet--but it feels a lot safer.
Cons: Not much of a con but did find a couple of micro holes in the welding. The front spreader bar has some weld splatter inside that I can hear tinkling about once in a while. If you drop your windshield..you have to remove the front half the cage to get everything to line back up for the windshield mounts, and then reinstall the front half.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had my set up for about 9 months now. I've got the full sport cage, including the rear spreader bar and angle bars. I run a factory soundbar and not the pods. Using a dremal(sp?) tool, I trimmed the soundbar so it would fit right over the rear angle bars. Slapped the cover back on the sound bar and stuffed some poly fill in for the speakers-- it's looks/sounds just fine.

If you've got a ratchet strap it can be installed with one person (really only need the 2nd person for the rear spreader bar). As far as the factory roll bar covers, you can cut out where the roll bar would go. I do advise to get roll bar covers for all the pieces...it's a real pain (literally) when you whack your head on them. The install itself is easy, just time consuming with all those bolts to tighten.

The issue a poster had about it the front supports fitting with the door surrounds can be fixed with a BFH I run a soft top and the only issue I've found is the soft top bars hanging up on the clamps for the rear part of the cage when lowering/raising the soft top. On certain years you do have to trim something on the windshield, which is listed in the directions.

I added a couple of photos, sorry don't have a good one so you can see the front supports/spreader bar. One of these days I'll get around to doing a write up.

Fred007
Fred007's Reviews
05-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Bolted together pretty well.
Cons: Came unfinished, would like to have had a powder coat option.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the cage, rear angle bars and the floor supports. I had the whole thing powder coated which turned out nice, but was a hassle. The tubes are generally sealed and the micro holes in/around the welds played havoc with the powder coater. Getting the floor supports to fit was also a challenge but the whole thing eventually came together. So far, like it very much and feel much safer when wheeling.

jmathis2
jmathis2's Reviews

03-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: favorite thing on my jeep got the additional str8 across the rear bar and angle bars and behind the seat angle bars

AlexGeorgakis

AlexGeorgakis's Reviews

02-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Price: $540.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great addition to any Wrangler. It's tough and fits well. Not suitable if you're using a soft top cause the vertical pieces in the front interfere with the holes on the existing roll cage where the soft top's door brackets bolt on. If you're using a bikini top you'll have to cut and re-stitch the top to fit around the vertical pieces of the sport cage.

kolten493
kolten493's Reviews

01-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Price: $560.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: super easy install, very stout and built well. havent used it yet but im sure it could take a flop no problem

CopperCJ7

CopperCJ7's Reviews

12-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Pros: They make bolt-on knuckles for any custom removable cage application
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased four knuckles and their dashboard mounting plates for my removable front cage section. Much easier to make the section with Rockhard's DIY pieces. I like being able to remove my front section so that working behind the dash is easier. If I had to remove the entire cage each time, it would take at least three guys to to it. They assured me that they have tested the strength of these parts with roll-over testing.

snowcrash

snowcrash's Reviews

11-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For a bolt in cage its great! Easy install and from what I have seen from the bolt on ones it looks to be the best out there. Not a weld on one so not as strong as those but looks like it will do its job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last