Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > www.thedirtworx.com rock bumper/carrier

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

www.thedirtworx.com rock bumper/carrier Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

www.thedirtworx.com rock bumper/carrier

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

Average Price: $337.80
Manufacturer: www.thedirtworx.com
Recommended?
Yes: 8 / No: 1

*ON SALE NOW FOR $279 +s/h

*2x4x57 tapered and enclosed bumper

*10 mounting points (8 crossmember, 2 lower frame tie-ins)

*O-ring sealed, grease fitted pivot w/1 1/4" spindle

*1/2" solid D-ring mount pass through body of bumper, welded front and back.

*see more info and pics at www.thedirtworx.com

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

AJ94YJ
AJ94YJ's Reviews
04-14-2014, 01:18 AM
Price: $409.00
Pros: Solid!! smooth swinging carrier with no vibration at any speed or bumps.
Cons: none unless you don't like to paint things yourself (it ships bare steel)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent bumper/carrier sturdy, does not stick out so your departure angle is good if you are worried about it. it comes with frame tie ins. i stood on the end of the carrier part while it was all the way swung out and jumped up and down and it did not even budge! if you ask, the guy at dirtworx will change it to accommodate your needs. the only downside of this bumper is that it took him over a month to make it. other than that there is not a bumper under $1000 that comes close to this one. i would highly recommend it.

StanF
StanF's Reviews
05-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Price: $230.00
Pros: Solid, good value
Cons: Made to order, so slower delivery. Comes unpainted.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice piece of hardware.

Comes unpainted, which makes takes time up front, but makes touchups easier later.

dtn8tr

Web Wheeler
dtn8tr's Reviews
06-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: well built and nice clean welds
Cons: The winch plate that I have causes the winch mounting bolts to rest on the bumper. I had to add a few washers under the plate to raise it up.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased both bumpers from dirtworx on their ebay auctions. They were easy to work with and I got a little surprise. After deciding that I'd get the d-ring mounts I figured that I'd hold off on the option for the mini hoop. Lo and behold, when I received it I had both at no extra charge. They are easy to install but it helps if you have two people because they aren't lightweight. They will arrive as bare steel. I ended up using Rustoleum spray on bed-liner on them and they look great. The only thing now is that I wish I had gone for the rear bumper with spare tire carrier.

grymsr

Vintage Member
grymsr's Reviews

04-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: good price, bumper part is strong, tows well
Cons: see review below
Recommended? No

Comments: I got mine back in 2007. I came packed in cardboard scraps and tape. Metal tore through wrapping in several places and was pretty scratched up. I did not do the install as my mechanic was doing some other work for me and offered to do it for free. He never complained so I guess it went well. Right away I had problems with the latch (if you can call it that). It was a big, fat screw with a bar welded across the top. It was constantly working loose so I tossed it and replaced it with a regular bolt and wrenched it tight every time (which was a major PITA). The other problem showed up after one winter. The hinge had no grease fitting and was impossible to remove to grease. I could only shoot PB blaster inside and hope. It got harder and harder to open as time went by. So... (wait for it) while in Wyoming on a road trip, over 2000miles from home, I went to open it one last time and the whole thing, jerry cans, tire and all fell with a tragic thud upon the trail. I had to strap it to my roof rack until we got to Moab and I found a stock tire mount at a junk yard. The swingarm is now rusting quietly away in Utah. Oh, and the hi-lift mount is unusable because it bangs into the top. I still have the bumper, which is quite strong and tows my tent trailer without a hiccup, but it is rusting all over. I think if the latch were redesigned and the hinge was beefed up and greaseable, this would be a very good system. Bottom line: unless they change the design, I can't recommend this product.

r_unda

r_unda's Reviews
10-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Very well made
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, very happy with the quality. Very strong bumper, great welds.

benefitsguy
benefitsguy's Reviews

07-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Pros: Solid construction, great price
Cons: latch design
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ordered the bumper/tire carrier with d-ring mounts through e-bay site. Received the order approximately 3 weeks later. Had a few areas where the paint was rubbed due to shipping.

Heavy duty construction and solid welds throughout the bumper and tire carrier. Unit was easy to install on my YJ and required no adjustments. Installation took less than an hour.

The only complaint I have is in regards to the latch. You won't break any speed records opening the swingout and it does tend to get loose with vibrations. I removed the S-hooks from a 19inch rubber bungy cord and have used it to keep the thumbscrew from loosening up.

Overall, the bumper/tire carrier is a great value with d-ring mounts (welded through bumper), swing-out tire carrier, jerry can holders and hi-lift mounts. You can also have custom work done if needed. The price and the workmanship are top notch and I would certainly recommend them to anybody looking for this type of combo.

stewski695
stewski695's Reviews

01-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Pros: low price, well built with custom mods, quick delivery
Cons: latch design, so-so paint
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just got the front bumper and rear bumper/tire carrier, about 2 weeks ago. Built to my requested mods (extra light tabs, receiver, etc., from order to my door in 2 weeks. Great price and prompt customer service. Installed easily, holes lined up correctly.

Rear latch is slow to open. Mine has not had problems staying tight, like others have mentioned. Paint had a few areas rubbed to metal during delivery (minor), and the paint seems like it may not hold up great to frequent abuse.

Overall, I am very pleased with these bumpers and think for the price and ability to customize them the way you want, they can't be beat. Would certainly buy them again.

mindfungus

mindfungus's Reviews

12-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Pros: Great Value
Cons: Bad Latch
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great bumper. I have looked at much more expensive units and this has all the features with out the big price.
My only complaint is the latch. I have added a 5/8" lock washer and carry a small rubber mallet in the jeep to keep it tight. This works well, but I would like to find a better latch for it. In fact I am looking at the forums for an idea now.
Great bumper, good value.

mindfungus

JonStone
JonStone's Reviews

10-22-2006, 07:10 AM
Pros: Good quality, well made, packaged & shipped properly. Great value!
Cons: Had to enlarge mounting holes to align perfectly.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this tire carrier and a front bumper made to my specs, shipped for about $600.
It arrived when promised; well packaged.
It comes spray painted black, which suits me fine.

Very heavy duty construction, including Hi Lift jack mounts, Jerry can mount plate,
and D ring mounts. Uses a thumb screw to latch the swing away tire carrier to the bumper, and it is a little slow to lock/unlock, and has to be tightened to an extreme
to keep from vibrating loose with use on rough trails.

As to mounting, the holes in the bumper didn't line up EXACTLY with the holes in the frame....a few minutes with a rotary file and all's good.

I've had this for about 6 months, and have repainted it as needed based on my abuse...and paint damage is the only damage I've done to this bumper.