Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Warn Rockcrawler Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Warn Rockcrawler Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Warn Rockcrawler Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $10,000,000,000.00
Average Price: $196,078,958.63
Manufacturer: Warn
Recommended?
Yes: 58 / No: 4

This tough, durable bumper gives maximum off-road performance. Tapered ends allow for increased departure angles. An integrated 2" receiver allows mounting of your portable winch or shackle bracket to increase your recovery options. (Not rated for towing.)

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

WranglerSahara
WranglerSahara's Reviews
07-17-2014, 08:35 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: they look nice better than stockies
Cons: very small and feel unsafe towards the corners and fuel tank
Recommended? Yes

Comments: had to install spacers to be able to install the rugged ridge corner guards and another tow hook on the receiver to keep fuel tank safe from any misfortunate rear accident.. already been tested ,, poor cab driver

DorkAlert

DorkAlert's Reviews
03-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Solid
Cons: NA
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good tie in points. Legal discalaimer says you can't tow with it. Maybe you can.

BABrax
BABrax's Reviews
08-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Price: $480.00
Pros: sturdy, can handle a big tire.
Cons: VERY heavy, and with the tire weighs down your rear end. Very expensive, i found mine on craigslist. Rattles a little over bumps
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not sure how much this is retail but i wanna say its upwards to 800$ i just got it for a steal on craigslist. It is extremely heavy, and basically impossible to install by yourself. Makes your jeep "Longer" so its not so tall and square looking, which changes the look of your jeep. Only really bad thing i can think of is over some bumps and driving, the tire carrier portion will bounce and rattle a little bit, but if you can get over that its a great bumper.

60perry
60perry's Reviews
12-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Easy install
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The tire carrier was held up great with a 35 on it and all the off road abuse it has had. Have had no problems with the pivot point everything works great and fits outstanding

Gajeepxj
Gajeepxj's Reviews
02-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Powdercoated, strongest attention to maximizing strength in mounting it
Cons: Handle, lock pin and hindge.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hinge is hard to turn, handle is big but not contoured, and locking pin does not function when dirty.

Nick601
Nick601's Reviews
02-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Good solid construction
Cons: Heavy realy Heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good solid rear bumper Tire carrier is solid as well no shaking or noticed vibrations. Also tire carrier is removed easy for a open tailgate look. Heavy duty chackle mounts.

pickleman
pickleman's Reviews
11-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: tough
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it has cools W'S cut out into the bumper and i cut some plastic pieces and sand blasted them and put leds in them and they look really cool when turned on

guyaxj
guyaxj's Reviews
07-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: strong
Cons: non
Recommended? Yes

Comments: looks good and its very strong! nice bumper

dwish

dwish's Reviews
03-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Strength, looks, tire carrier, much stronger than stock. It has a hitch, but is not recommended to tow anything. I wouldn't hesitate to tow something reasonable, though (like a motorcycle or two)...as long as I'm not driving on the freeway.
Cons: Huge pain in the butt to install. Vague directions. Not packaged very well (arrived to my door with two of the mounting tabs poking out of the box, slightly bent...this was after my first one was lost in the mail).
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I can't say much for a long term review, but after the lengthy process of installing it...I am glad I bought it. If you are contemplating buying one, just remove the gas tank all the way and install an aftermarket skid (make sure you have your tank close to empty! Mine was half-full, and I was hurting after moving the tank into the new skid plate by myself).

Drilling the holes into the frame wasn't too bad as long as you measure, check, measure again, check again, and then drill. Actually getting the bolts through these holes is where the big pain is. The gas tank is literally an inch away...not much wiggle room. If you can get your holes spot on, you might be able to get away with just dropping the gas tank a few inches without actually removing the whole thing.

Once I finally committed to taking the whole tank out, installation was SO MUCH EASIER! It was literally just plug and play.

Once the bumper is on, it looks pretty sharp. It's definitely solid. In total, there are 8 bolts connecting the bumper to the horizontal part of the frame, and then 4 additional bolts parallel to the bumper, bolting in a frame tie-in on each side.

They call it the Rockcrawler bumper because it does have good clearance, with raised ends on both sides. It does reach both corners of your Jeep, so it does offer pretty good protection from side to side. The tire carrier arm seems very sturdy as well. I am glad the weight of the spare is off the rear door, and now on something much more solid.

phillies4752

Web Wheeler
phillies4752's Reviews
01-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Very Strong and well build. Have not had any problem besides the handle rusting which I should have spray painted it before the winter. No rattling at all. I even put reverse lights out of the W's in the bumper and makes it look really sharp
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you want the real deal in rear tire carrier bumpers I would defiantly suggest this bumper. The welds are very clean and strong. Make sure that you paint the handle because it will rust!!

Z-man246
Z-man246's Reviews
01-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: My tire is no longer on the stock carrier.
Cons: Heavy and a little tough to open and close.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: No Comment

phillies4752

Web Wheeler
phillies4752's Reviews
01-05-2011, 01:30 AM
Price: $380.00
Pros: Very strong bumper! Tire is lower so you don't loose your viability behind you.
Cons: Hard to install. Probably will have to drop the gas tank to put in support bolts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bumper seems solid with no rattles at all. A pain to get some of the bolts on near the gas tank. Defiantly recommend it!

TinkerAB

TinkerAB's Reviews
04-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Pros: Heavy Duty Looks Good.
Cons: Install was a challenge, No accessory spots
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just wish there was a spot to mount a hijack and gerry cans.

digizure
digizure's Reviews
03-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Pros: Looks strong and the tire carrier is a tight fit which reduces potential rattling.
Cons: No place to put accessories (ex. gas cans, hi-lift jack, etc).
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Much better than the Smittybuilt bumper that broke on me twice! I was fortunate that I was able to return the Smittybuilt bumper twice and exchange it for the Warn bumper at no cost. I currently have 33' and it's holding pretty well.

02APEX
02APEX's Reviews
12-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: its awesome
Cons: a total bitch to install, very few of the holes lined up. Tire carrier bushing needs a lot of lubing.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this bumper from a buddy. Have landed very hard on it and it won't budge. Very heavy duty bumper. Make sure you have help installing this monster.

barroninc
barroninc's Reviews
12-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: solid bumper. 2" receiver, great latch, will fit up to 37" tire, greasable hinge shaft.
Cons: no chain hooks for towing. No mount for Hi-Lift jack. And very expensive. I got mine new/used for $400. so look for a deal.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bumper w/ great tire carrier. But it needs a mount for hi-lift jack.
As far as the chain hooks, I just drilled 2 holes through the bottom.

unsung

unsung's Reviews
12-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: na
Cons: na
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I dont want to do a review but it makes me put something in the box. PM me for full details,

scdiver
scdiver's Reviews
11-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: no problems yet
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very durable and no problems yet

mhaskin
mhaskin's Reviews
10-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Price: $740.00
Pros: Looks Great. Excellent quality.
Cons: PITA to install. Still making adjustments. Easy to strip the threads in the bumper.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This thing looks great! It was a pain to install but thats becuase it requires 14 bolts to be installed in the frame. I had to drill at total of 8 holes in the frame for installation though warn says some people may only have to drill 4. I'm still making adjustments to make it close right, but I'm sure I'll get it right eventually. I would still recomend this to anyone looking for a nice bumper/tire carrier.

Disco69

Disco69's Reviews
09-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Price: $799.00
Pros: VERY well built
Cons: Kinda heavy, the price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well, I wish I could say that install was a breeze, but it wasn't. Apparently, Warn made the mounts for the bumper about a 1/2 inch too close together. Well, after about an 30 minutes of grinding we got it fixed and on the Jeep. Only to realize that the hardware supplied was not grade 8...one of the bolt heads snapped right off. Other than that one bolt and the mounts, I am pretty happy with it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last