Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Tomken Protec Rear Bumper with Receiver

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperCyber Sale on RUBICON EXPRESS - Short Arms, Long Arms, Tra

Tomken Protec Rear Bumper with Receiver Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Tomken Protec Rear Bumper with Receiver

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $229.00
Average Price: $168.17
Manufacturer: Tomken
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 1

Protec Bumpers are constructed of 1/8" heavy wall 2" x 4" structural tubing. Tapered ends for steeper approach and departure angles, and come standard with integrated solid steel tow pegs for easy strap attachment. Powder coated black.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

4wheelrampage

4wheelrampage's Reviews
08-31-2011, 11:13 PM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Holds Lift, gerry can and tire easily.
Cons: Has gotten loose, but can easily be fixed.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was installed by the PO and it seems to hold up fine.

skullyboy
skullyboy's Reviews

02-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Durable and upgradeable
Cons: The older model I have has a screw on knob that holds the tire carrier closed and it is easily lost.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have used this for the last 10 years and have not been disapointed. I have the add on tire carrier and it works great. My nest purchase is the hi-lift and gas can holder. I have towed many things with the pegs and they always hold. The price i stated is without the tire carrier.

Bluejeepn
Bluejeepn's Reviews
05-05-2010, 02:34 AM
Price: $230.00
Pros: Solid build, paint has endured great after 5 years, clean welds.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I picked a set of Tomken bumpers for my Jeep about 5 years ago. Out of the box I was very pleased with the welds and finish. They mounted up perfectly without any drilling or mods. The hitch receievers are built well and have very little slop in them compare to other recievers I've owned. The paint has held up great even after 5 years with no flaking paint.

I'd purchase another set without a second thought.

jimwww

jimwww's Reviews

05-25-2009, 12:55 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Better looking than stock
Cons: Light duty
Recommended? No

Comments: It is ok if you never intend to use it. It is too light duty and I would never two with it. I would recommend something more ' heavy duty'. Unless all you want to do it get rid of the hoops on your TJ.

bartlanz

Been There, Done That
bartlanz's Reviews

06-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice Sturdy bumper, easy install, front and rears are capable of doing the job of a bumper and pushing down trees if needed.

squibload
squibload's Reviews

06-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Price: $229.00
Pros: Simple look, receiver integrated, comes with frame tie-in for YJ, CJ, and TJ.
Cons: Tow pegs don't always work for all winching angles.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Protec is a pretty basic bumper. No frills, but it gets you a good looking bumper with a receiver hitch integrated into it. Tow pegs are a great idea, but only when the angle works. If you get this, I'd recommend that you also get a receiver hitch mounted D-ring.