Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Smittybuilt XRC Front bumper

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Smittybuilt XRC Front bumper Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Smittybuilt XRC Front bumper

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $499.99
Average Price: $232,919.00
Manufacturer: Smittybuilt
Recommended?
Yes: 43 / No: 1

XRC front bumper

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

Sergiolomeli
Sergiolomeli's Reviews
09-24-2014, 12:37 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Has 4 light mount points,winch mount Great rock clearance 2 d rings
Cons: None looks too good
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the angles this one has plays the fact you can add 4 lights and winch without having to drill

Brokes
Brokes's Reviews
09-13-2014, 08:03 PM
Price: $599.00
Pros: Over all good craftsmanship and very appealing design.
Cons: The only con I can think of is that it sits about 1/8 of an inch close to my grill on one side. That could be the bumper or just the flimsy plastic grill being a little out of place.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Being a Welder and metal fabricator by trade I naturally notice and start critiquing any welds I see. The welds on this bumper are solid, smooth and full length welds, no starts and stops that I could find and very little undercut.

bobmaurer4273

bobmaurer4273's Reviews
11-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Nice look easy install
Cons: Need to drill hole if you mount fog light to bracket, otherwise you have to round wire in the plastic conduit and looks bad. I plan on getting right angle drill a drilling hole from below and routing wires thrum tube
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good price, great look, easy install. Much easier to install than the XRC rear with tire carrier. Took me longer to loosen Todd bolts than it did to install

propjockey2002
propjockey2002's Reviews
06-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Price: $9,999,999.00
Pros: The bumper is made out of solid 3/16 steel with a good powder coat. The quality of Smittybuilt products have been improving and this product goes to show it.
Cons: It's a bit heavy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper is pretty tough, you can destroy cars on the freeway with it. Ask me how I know.

Nebraska4X4
Nebraska4X4's Reviews
04-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: more solid than a utility pole
Cons: didn't line up perfectly but still fit with a few mods and the packaging was garbage
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i hit a utility pole doing about 30mph broke it in half (about 12" in diameter) put a small dent in the bumper about the size of a goose egg other than that i was able to keep on trucking

calerolland
calerolland's Reviews
03-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Price: $399.00
Pros: Awesome bumper, Great looks...you can always change it up with the add on's so it never gets old.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would recommend this product to someone who likes to be able to show their jeep but also take it off road and do various things because of all the attachments you can put on it.

Hunter7158

Hunter7158's Reviews
01-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Sturdy, Winch and Fairlead Mount, Light Mounts
Cons: Weight
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good front bumper with a mild stinger. Comes with winch, fairlead, and light mounts. Very solid construction and looks great.

meathead570
meathead570's Reviews
11-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Tough
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very solid for the price. like the look also, and the brackets for lighting etc.

DJsJK
DJsJK's Reviews

09-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Look Great
Cons: Powder coat finish is horrible. Rust started two days after install and first rain. Customer service is horrible, giving me the run around on a return
Recommended? No

Comments: These bumpers look great but Smittybilt has some serious quality control and customer service issues. These were purchased summer 2012. Two days later they were rusting and the powder coat is bubbling off at several differnet locations. Front and rear.

copenhagenfiend

copenhagenfiend's Reviews
08-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Price: $369.99
Pros: great looking, sturdy light mount tabs, recovery shackle points, winch ready, fairlead ready
Cons: none so far!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: awesome powdercoat finish, i haven't put shackles on mine yet - but using a jerk strap to save the jeep from the river didn't affect the finish. winch ready, light ready, and at a reasonable price with easy installation.

FManansala
FManansala's Reviews
06-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: heavy duty
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy installation, welds hold..no cracks after heavy use....

stottman
stottman's Reviews
03-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Nice bumper for price
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased bumper of ebay, it is not the smittybilt xrc but the tuff stuff xrc. Great price and really well built. Really like the finish

Chub1122
Chub1122's Reviews
01-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Price: $399.99
Pros: Makes your jeep look thick, heavy, and tough.
Cons: when you look at the jeep from the front, the bumper really just sticks out, it doesn't fit in perfectly
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really easy to install. Very difficult to screw in some of the bolts because a socket wrench typically won't fit between the bumper. (you need a normal wrench)

MaddBones702
MaddBones702's Reviews
01-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Price: $850.00
Pros: Rugged, cool shape
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the XRC front and back, with tire carrier on my YJ (paid $850 for all three). Initially looked at these for the tire carrier because my 33" spare was making my tailgate miserable. I wanted a finish to match the bestop highrock side rails. I just though the highrock line of bumpers looked a little cheesy. I glad I avoided the highrock because the finish already getting foggy. THese bumpers are super easy to install!

07lane40
07lane40's Reviews
12-27-2011, 12:29 AM
Price: $299.00
Pros: thick good looking powder coat
Cons: heavy (is that a con?)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good quality, seems very sturdy and durable. 5 year warranty on powder coat. looking forward to bashing it up a bit.

jackreynolds93
jackreynolds93's Reviews
12-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Price: $425.00
Pros: Looks great Already has place to mount winch easy installation
Cons: Mounting holes didn't line up with frame right.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The bumper looks great and rugged and is very strong. It mounts the exact same way the stock bumper did. The holes on the new bumper did not line up exactly with the factory holes in the frame but it only took an hour to fix that with some simple drilling. Overall it was a great buy and i'm very happy.

Uncfan900
Uncfan900's Reviews
12-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Price: $305.00
Pros: Sturdy, Heavy, Protection for Winch
Cons: Powdercoat could be a tad thicker
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had to turn my fairlead bolts backwards to install winch.

owp3
owp3's Reviews
10-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Price: $249.99
Pros: Seems tough
Cons: Powercoat is not that great and the insides of bolt holes rust
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think this looks really great and feels tough. The powder coat is a bit weak and bolt holes will rust inside unless you hit them with a little rustoleum.

RockHavok
RockHavok's Reviews
10-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Good fit, nice finish, looks great and takes a beating.
Cons: To many out there...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works for me...

HunterTJ01
HunterTJ01's Reviews
09-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Came with a xrc 8 winch
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The XRC Rock crawler bumper gives you everything you need. It is very easy to install, it lines up perfectly where the stock bumper was. Also has 2 spots ready for extra off road lighting. Textured finish takes abuse very well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last