Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Smittybilt XRC

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Smittybilt XRC Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Smittybilt XRC

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $450.00
Average Price: $374.26
Manufacturer: Smittybilt
Recommended?
Yes: 37 / No: 3

Great bumper, good welds, good finish, sturdy

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

BlackJeep2013
BlackJeep2013's Reviews
01-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Front bumper is nice was kind of a pain to install Rear was easy very nice
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Front bumper XRC we got the end caps and stubby. Hated the end caps took them off and left the stubby with winch

TJChef
TJChef's Reviews
01-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Direct Fit, tow hitch & 2 recovery points
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Replaced the original bumper with this to get ready for Rausch Creek. The bumper went on easy, or should I say the old one came off too easy! It is strong and has a hitch to pull a light trailer or use a carrier.

Therios

King of Stupid Questions
Therios's Reviews

09-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Build, quality, welds, powder coating, fit
Cons: Heavy but that is not really bad
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So first of all this sucker is a beast. Awesome craftsmanship and excellent powder coating. I was worried about trusting a bolt on bumper with a hitch built into it. Not any more!! The thing bolts on and then four diagonal braces bolt on. There are more frame bolts in this sucker that a separate hitch would use. The captive nuts that they use are simply awesome. You have these nuts that are attached actually welded on to long metal rods. You can hold these and reach inside the bumper and frame too. And actually get the places were not need to be. Simply an awesome solution.

The swing should probably be purchased at the same time you purchase the bumper. I know it's a big hit. But the assembly is so much easier. There are a few things that you should do before you mail the bumper. Make sure you are aware of what the instructions say and what order to put things in. It'll make life a lot easier if you can prep the lower bumper for the upper swingarm ahead of time.

There is even a method. That allows you to utilize our from the stock vehicle for the third light. It is ugly as hell but it works. I ended up removing this later after I bought it LED conversion kit. This LED conversion kit actually replaces the third eye with two LEDs go into the two spare panels on the spare tire lug nuts.

I really love this bumper! And so do a lot of other people. It's probably one of the first things they notice besides the Jack sitting on my front. Yeah the price is high. But it seems like everything I buy expensive. But it is well worth it.

I can take pictures of any little piece if you're interested just let me know.

bkorn2003
bkorn2003's Reviews
06-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Strong, covers corners, looks great.
Cons: China instead of USA
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love this bumper!. It has d-ring mounts, 2" hitch receiver and tire swing. Tire swing doesn't vibrate at all, its easily adjustable, and it has strong pin to hold open when stopped at odd angles off road. It looks great and protects the corners of the Jeep as well.

calerolland
calerolland's Reviews
03-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Great Bumper!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bumper, really makes the jeep look mean.

Taylode
Taylode's Reviews
12-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Price: $599.99
Pros: Stout bumper
Cons: None that I know of
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I only rated this good because it hasn't yet been put to the test. However, it appears to be very solidly built and I don't anticipate any issues.

05-Rubicon
05-Rubicon's Reviews

05-08-2012, 11:48 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: look good, fit well
Cons: cheaply built, made in china
Recommended? No

Comments: Some serious quality issues. D-ring mounts were welded crooked, thin metal, not as tough as they look

YJeeps
YJeeps's Reviews
03-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Heavy duty D-rings Winch mount Light mounts Looks great
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good looking bumpers. 3/16" Thick steel.

Co0kieMoBster

Co0kieMoBster's Reviews
01-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: LOOKS WICKED with my Bushwacker flat style fenders
Cons: HEAVY to put on by myself with the winch attached (had to because its closed off once you bolt it on)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome looking bumper and looks great with My flat style fender flares!

Charlie84
Charlie84's Reviews
12-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Very Strong, Looks Good
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper looks great and performs well for its Price. ^)) bucks

krawler23
krawler23's Reviews
10-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Pros: good look. strong
Cons: weird finish on them
Recommended? Yes

Comments: not real much to say. they are a good product for the price.

dscabra
dscabra's Reviews
10-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Heavy duty construction, easy to install, looks good
Cons: Questionable finish
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hated the factory bumpers and saw the Smittybilt XRC front bumper at half the price of the Warn and other big names. So far so good, but there are some signs of discoloration in the finish. Nothing a can of black paint can't fix.

Mistic
Mistic's Reviews
09-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Sleek Look, Great Clearance, 10,000lbs built in winch plate, And well build contrary to what some had told me prior to purchasing.
Cons: I did need to do a little modifing to get a couple of the mounting holes to line up but nothing major. Apparently a common problem on the YJ.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All and All I like the bumper. I do wish that the unit was a little wider to fillin and cover more of the front fenders however it still looks great. I would probably classifiy this as more of a larger stubby style bumper. The matte stucco finish is great and the craftsman ship is excellant with the exception of the offset of the mounting holes which is an easy fix. Another A++ item for a weekend offroader.

thegladiator
thegladiator's Reviews
09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: decent look and price
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gotta put this and the winch and winch plate on when i get home from Iraq. I'll update then

Idwheelthat

Idwheelthat's Reviews
09-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Price: $399.00
Pros: looks good, strong
Cons: winch is off center, D-ring mount is crooked, light mount interferes with contactor control box, not cut symetrically
Recommended? No

Comments: Gotta love Chinese quality, install on jeep was easy, modifying brackets for winch control box wasn't. Had to flapwheel sand out coating in D-ring mount holes to fit D-rings. Looks like someone did the cutting layout freehand, as the driver and passenger side top plate is cut at different angles. Luckily, it's not that noticeable, and I'm a big boy, I can live with it.

Carkinjim3
Carkinjim3's Reviews
06-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Great look and both bumpers come with quality D rings installed on them.
Cons: None so far...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good bumpers, great look with all of my Smittybilt body armor!

CaptainDCD
CaptainDCD's Reviews
06-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Price: $328.00
Pros: Good quality, solid bumper with hitch built in.
Cons: Several bolts are impossible to get in unless fuel tank is dropped..also where it is made
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Packaging on this bumper could of been better, few chips in the finish.. took almost 3 hours to install (including removal of factory one).. Bit of a struggle to get the reinforcement brackets to all line up..

iStalvey
iStalvey's Reviews

05-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Price: $430.00
Pros: Nice finish, heavyduty, nice welds, tow rated.
Cons: PITA to install, some bolts were to short so I had to remove the lock washers, off center in the end by maybe 1/4"
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this bumper after buying a Bestop Highock rear from JCW and receiving it damaged. I hoped for the best with this one. It came packaged very well and didn't have a scratch on it. It is pretty heavy, and very sturdy. I love the finish. It's kind of like a bedliner finish but not as rough.

As for the installation... PITA! It took me about 5 hrs start to finish. I could probably do it again in about 2 or less, but uncertainties throughout dragged it out. You have to drill 4 holes to mount bolts, and while it came with a good template, it was hard to get to line up so I drilled them over a size larger. WIth all the other attaching points, I really don't see these 4 holes to be drilled necessary, but I plan on towing some items so I went ahead and did it. Unless you have tiny hands or are very ingenuitive, plan on dropping the gas tank. I preplanned the install and was on "E" so it made it super easy to drop it. Also, the larger bolts used for installing the braces/brackets were to short so I had to leave off the lock washers, but I used a thread sealer anyways so no big deal.

And lastly, the bumper quality was above standard. All welds were very clean, all holes lined up for the most part, and the coating is nice. In the end the bumper didn't line up exactly even.... maybe an 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch off center. Again, no big deal. I would recommend and buy again.

white94YJ
white94YJ's Reviews
03-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Looks, winch mounting, winch protection
Cons: Small Rear End Accident metal sheared under D- Rong mount bent it back to place with buddies winch! lol
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The bumper is nice, lookes good and all. Protects the winch well and i loke the setup for the winch, also has two tabs for lights. Only problem i had was i rear ended a durango, and the metal like sheared and there is a crack in the steel bumper?? lol

AWheeler
AWheeler's Reviews
02-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Pros: Integrated winch plate
Cons: OK quality
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great price, OK quality, but at $300, great product!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last