Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Smittybilt - Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper with Tire Swing

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Smittybilt - Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper with Tire Swing Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Smittybilt - Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper with Tire Swing

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $700.00
Average Price: $518.91
Manufacturer: Smittybilt
Recommended?
Yes: 22 / No: 3
Company Website: http://www.smittybilt.com

This is for the Smittybilt XRC REAR bumper with Tireswing. I made this as there are no clear threads for the rear bumper.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Sergiolomeli
Sergiolomeli's Reviews
09-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Good clearance
Cons: Stiff if not greased properly
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's bad *** just need to fill w grease ...a little stiff if not . I like the d rings and the ability to add more to it

bobmaurer4273

bobmaurer4273's Reviews
07-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Look wicked and aggressive. Great quality and finish
Cons: Hardware Sucks and bolts for attaching the pin plate too long they would hit tail gate. The latch sassy looks good but hard to operate. Good luck on getting the inner bolts in the four holes u gotta drill. No way without dropping gas tank
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pretty good stuff but poor instruction. No mention about having to drop gas tank yo install inner bolts

bobmaurer4273

bobmaurer4273's Reviews
07-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Look wicked and aggressive. Great quality and finish
Cons: Hardware Sucks and bolts for attaching the pin plate too long they would hit tail gate. The latch sassy looks good but hard to operate. Good luck on getting the inner bolts in the four holes u gotta drill. No way without dropping gas tank
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pretty good stuff but poor instruction. No mention about having to drop gas tank yo install inner bolts

joshydt58
joshydt58's Reviews
07-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: nice hinges nice finish heavy duty and well made. rivals more expensive models
Cons: heavy adds a lot of weight especially with a 35" tire on the back
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice unit

Seuf
Seuf's Reviews
06-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Price: $190.00
Pros: Stiff and doesn't rattle much
Cons: Had to drill a few new holes to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Product is holding up nice! Love it looks good and it's thick!

aikenjeep
aikenjeep's Reviews
06-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Tough, looks great, convenient carrier
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product!

NotThePainter
NotThePainter's Reviews

04-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: holds the tire, greasable hinge.
Cons: Rattles, rusted out and broke.
Recommended? No

Comments: I have no idea what this cost, the PO installed it. It works well but rattled incessantly until my GF backed into a rock at Rausch and broke the handle off. The part was back ordered so I used a strap to keep it on, which solved the rattle.

Anyway, it is 3-5 years old now, my guess since I don't know when the PO bought it and it broke yesterday. Bad weld, bad metal, or just rust? Don't know. Could have been deadly if I hadn't noticed it.

Hunter7158

Hunter7158's Reviews
01-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Strong, Hitch, Tire Carrier, Greasable Pivot Point, Great Latch, Does Not Vibrate Or Bounce Around, Great Construction
Cons: Weight, Had to drop gas tank to install.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very sturdy bumper. Love how it looks. Holds my 35" spare tire great. Only thing was I had to drop the gas tank to install but it really wasn't that big of a deal. Definitely would recommend.

Ben8822
Ben8822's Reviews
12-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Price: $189.99
Pros: D ring ready Solid takes hits well towing cap is high
Cons: hard to install lat two bolts behind gas tank
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, solid make and tows/pulls everything with out fail or weakness.

copenhagenfiend

copenhagenfiend's Reviews
08-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Price: $729.99
Pros: great looking, functional, recovery shackle points built in, low profile, doesn't affect rear approach, class 3 receiver built in
Cons: tire swing is squeaky! it takes a few retorques to get the noise to finally stop.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The smitty's are very nice and functional bumpers. i've got the front and rear xrc's on my yj. they are low profile, fairly narrow, and extremely functional. like i said above - the width and height combined with how close to the body the bumpers mount make for a great bumper! i was used to scrubbing the hoops whenever i wheeled, and this rear rarely ever touches.

FManansala
FManansala's Reviews
06-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: looks good, holds up to heavy banging
Cons: terrible welds and weak attachment plates
Recommended? No

Comments: had to re weld the mounting plates as they cracked under use and a 33 tire on carrier...material not thick enough.

welded a flat bar to secure

00Lizard
00Lizard's Reviews
03-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Tough Class 3 receiver, with safety chain loops
Cons: expensive No location for trailer wiring mount many locations to hold snow/ mud
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bumper. Originally received bumper_section that needed to be RMA'd, Smittybilt had great customer Service. Replacement sent ASAP. Replacement bumper and carrier are great. Love the look, little bit of wrap around on corners is nice.

kinda wish receiver was higher up/ integrated into main bumper sections; can drag a bit when offroading.

07lane40
07lane40's Reviews
12-27-2011, 12:32 AM
Price: $499.00
Pros: HEAVY DUTY nice frame tie in system 9000lb towing capacity covers rear corners well
Cons: HEAVY install is pretty involved
Recommended? Yes

Comments: takes some work to get this in properly. 2 tie ins plus inner bolts that need to be drilled for in the crossmember. good quality bumper.

owp3
owp3's Reviews
10-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Price: $429.99
Pros: looks really great and feels tough
Cons: powder coat is a bit weak and bolt holes will rust inside
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think this looks really great and feels tough. The powder coat is a bit weak and bolt holes will rust inside unless you hit them with a little rustoleum. The tire swing is very strong but there was a little grinding that had to be done on one of the welds so it would open correctly. I would buy this again except this time I would skip the little third brake light extender and mount a replacement LED in the inside of the spare (which is what I did later).

dscabra
dscabra's Reviews
10-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Solid construction -- adjustability of the tire carrier
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the bumber first and was impressed, so I got the swing-away carrier as well. So far I'm very impressed with this bumper.

cont7
cont7's Reviews
08-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Price: $749.99
Pros: Awesome finish. Good looking, supports the tire as promised
Cons: Install needs 2 persons. In a YJ you have to drill the chassis for the supports.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: well, it looks good. Instructions are kinda vague, you mostly have to do all the work by deduction. A lot of spare nuts, washers, etc....

GBall

GBall's Reviews
07-31-2011, 10:59 PM
Price: $899.99
Pros: Heavy duty.
Cons: Tough to latch with the 37" spare.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a heavy bumper. Really heavy. The latch is tough to get lined up with the 37" spare on it. This is my 2nd XRC rear bumper - the tire carrier snapped off the first. You can order the tire carrier only but save your hardware from the first one. When you order a replacement tire carrier, you literally get just the tire carrier. Nothing else.

pilotsubmariner
pilotsubmariner's Reviews
06-17-2011, 02:09 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: sturdy
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is simply a solid bumper. Thick steel and sturdy tire swing. Recommend.

Jeepsense
Jeepsense's Reviews

06-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Price: $720.00
Pros: Tough look, nice upgrade from stock, stalky
Cons: rattles a bit, pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good product that holds up well. You need to work with it a little bit when installing the tire swing because the directions are ambiguous. All in all I'm happy with my decision

Scooter_Trash
Scooter_Trash's Reviews
01-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: It carries an oversized spare, and protects the back of my Jeep.
Cons: Little more of a difficult fit than the front. Tire swing can sag over time. Swing latch was loose from the factory
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The tire swing is the main issue with this bumper. It can sag over time, so you have to readjust it. The latch fit loose, but I fixed it by placing a few machine washer between the rubber "spring" and the carrier. Fits nice and tight now. The corners of the bumper are REALLY close to the bottom edge of the rear corners of the tub. The bumper can hit the tub if it gets hung up on a rock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »