Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Smittybilt - Smittybilt XRC front stinger

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Smittybilt - Smittybilt XRC front stinger Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Smittybilt - Smittybilt XRC front stinger

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $200.00
Average Price: $236.49
Manufacturer: Smittybilt
Recommended?
Yes: 12 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.smittybilt.com/

Hello,

This is going to be a review about the SmittyBilt XRC front Stinger I got for my 1992 Jeep Wrangler.

Shipping and packaging:
When the bumper arrived at my front door step, it was in a much larger box then i thought it was going to be in, roughly 4'H x 4'W x 1.5'D, so it was a rather large box. Once I got the box open, I couldn't even see the bumper, it was wrapped in cardboard, Styrofoam and saram wrap which took quite a bit of cutting to get unpacked. So there is no way the bumper can be damaged during shipping.

My Intial Thoughts:
Once I got it unpacked and finally got to look at it, you can really tell this bumper is strong. Its painted with a textured powder-coat that seems to be very durable. I inspeceted all the welds, they are all done mechanically, and look as tho they are very strong and wont fatigue or fail. Now time to bolt it on.

Mounting
Before I got this bumper, I had heard that some people have been having a hard time getting this bumper to fit, well that was not the case with me, it bolted right on, holes lined up just fine. The bolt holes are a little large, but they include two(2) washers so it was very easy to secure. The Bumper includes 2 spots for D-rings. All in all it was very easy to mount this bumper, it took about 20 minutes to mount, and that includes removing my old one, so it literally bolts right on, at least it did on my YJ.

Mounting Lights
One thing the bumper as lacking was holes for Offroad lights, I had two lights on my old bumper. so, I drilled holes in the flat plate between the hoop on the stinger, for two 7" lights, which fit perfectly and i think it turned out very nice.

Final Thoughts
For a great looking stinger at a great price, this is an awesome bumper. I highly recommend it. I couldnt find any bad things about this bumper. It looks good and im sure it performs as good as it looks when the time comes ( which hopfully you will never need to use a stinger ). I have nothing bad to say about this bumper, it really is all good things.
here are some pics:

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

obxcarolina
obxcarolina's Reviews
07-25-2013, 01:58 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: decent metal and coating.
Cons: did not line up sent back the replacement wasthe same. ended up making the holes bigger and threw on some welds to keep piece of mind
Recommended? Yes

Comments: see above. all in all not a bad bumper but it would have been nice if i could have just bolted it on

cheftrail

cheftrail's Reviews

01-25-2013, 11:59 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Light weight yet strong. Easy install, great looks! Price.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks great, especially with my winch! If you want functionality, great approach and killer looks this is the one!

Ben8822
Ben8822's Reviews
12-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Price: $239.99
Pros: super solid has D-ring holes winch ready
Cons: wide
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its great, super solid and looks really sick
The sides of the bumper come out right next to the wheel well so If your doing some rock crawling you might hit that first.

awill110
awill110's Reviews
09-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Price: $338.95
Pros: great finish and looks really strong, solid all the way around
Cons: sticks out more than I would like
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like the design of this bumper! The one thing that I did not like is that the bumper sticks out a long way. I think it would be better if the winch plate was tucked away a little so that it doesn't block the radiator and so that the bumper isn't quite so long. Also, it was shipped directly from the manufacturer and it wasn't packaged very well. Because of the weight and the poor packaging, some of the finish was chipped off and the box was destroyed by the time it got to me.

Ag06TJ
Ag06TJ's Reviews
08-28-2012, 02:37 AM
Price: $245.00
Pros: It's a rather clean stinger, and serves its purpose moving trees out of my way, or just keeping my winch safe.
Cons: The powdercoat leaves a bit to be desired, and I'dve liked for the D-ring mounts to have had a little tighter fit to the rings.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just what I've said in my Pro's and Con's. I enjoy the appearance, and the clean welds and aesthetics help keep my Jeep looking clean.

saharacrazy19
saharacrazy19's Reviews
08-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Welded beautifully. Looks awesome
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good overall build. priced well.One of the best looking stingers.

TheStigX

TheStigX's Reviews
02-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Bumper looks good, reasonable price
Cons: Stinger doesn't seem that strong, powder coat
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a good looking bumper, got it for $200 for a show room model. The power coat will chip off but Krylon Rust Tough makes it look new again. It adds character to the Jeep, makes it a little unique even though it is a popular product if that makes sense.

spencer14
spencer14's Reviews

01-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Price: $249.00
Pros: Very strong and well built for the price, went right on, all holes lined up perfect on my 97 tj
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ive had no problems with smittybilt products for the price you cant beat them

Bilicki2007
Bilicki2007's Reviews
11-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Price: $90.00
Pros: looks good
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: looks pretty damn good

kennyboobear

kennyboobear's Reviews
08-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Price: $199.99
Pros: Very Stout and fitment was very simple
Cons: Crappy powdercoating
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was a great buy. Picked it up a year ago, and it's been stout since day 1. Having said that, I did have to cut into the sides a bit to allow my Currie Anti-Rock to not interfere with it. Overall am very pleased with the bumper.

Skaboosh
Skaboosh's Reviews

01-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Heavy duty. Fits very well. took just a few minutes to put on.
Cons: I can no longer sit on my front bumper and drink beer. Also as mentioned there is no place for lights so you do have to make your own if you aren't running a winch.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The powder coating on my bumper was done well and has had no issues flaking. I traded my highrocks for smittybilts and haven't looked back. The stinger provides good protection for the grill. The tow points are very solid and have held up well. If you're looking for fender protection go with the SRC but if your like me and are going or have gone to tube fenders or MCE's it's great. Although I don't know how well the stinger would hold up if it ever needed to be used but it moves civic's, prius' and shopping carts out of the way with ease.