Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Smittybilt Smittybilt Rock Crawler src front

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Smittybilt Smittybilt Rock Crawler src front Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Smittybilt Smittybilt Rock Crawler src front

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $550.00
Average Price: $256.50
Manufacturer: Smittybilt
Recommended?
Yes: 53 / No: 0

When you need the toughest, most durable bumper system ever created, look to the Smittybilt Rock Crawler Series. These heavy duty bumpers are designed for off road use and abuse. Durable powder coat painted 2" tubes or 1/4" steel plate protects your front end from those large rock out croppings. Each bumper has been designed for the off road enthusiast with sloping ends for greater tire travel and enhanced entry and exit. Available in both Textured Black and the New Titanium finish to match the Rock Crawler Rear Bumper Mount Tire Carrier.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

mikebiken
mikebiken's Reviews

03-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Price: $219.00
Pros: Not too heavy, solid d-ring location, light mount tabs, winch acceptable, strong,....
Cons: NONE!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best bumper for the price.

BABrax
BABrax's Reviews
08-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Rugged look, perfect space for winch & convenient light mounts, Very Sturdy
Cons: without anything on it it looks very empty, very cool, just empty
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got it as a present so im not sure if the price is correct but i love this bumper. Install was a little tough but i was able to do it alone with the help of a jack. Very, Very sturdy, you can jump on this thing, tow people with it and it wont move an inch. i just decked mine out with a LED light bar, KC fogs, and a winch and it makes the jeep look totally different. Perfect set up, couldnt be happier

Dwarvenpyro
Dwarvenpyro's Reviews
03-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Look good and does it job
Cons: A little bit of rust when the coating chips
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this bumper when I wrecked the stock. Looks good and came with the black textured coating . Bought this bumper to hold a Warn 8274 winch, which it does with the Warn mount. Has 4 mounts for lighting, I use the bottom two for the stock fog lights, and 2 D-ring mounts. So far the welds have held up but haven't run into anything significant to test them. Has chipped a little and rusted but that was to be expected.

dmb2002man
dmb2002man's Reviews
03-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Price: $199.00
Pros: easy install and made for off-road
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a excellent bumper and installs with stock holes. No modification needed.

chopstix333
chopstix333's Reviews

01-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Price: $241.00
Pros: Heavy-Duty, light placement options
Cons: cheap powdercoat
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this bumper to replace my 3" tube bumper for more protection on my 2.5L '98 Jeep. The bumper weighs about 70 lbs, so it was a little heavier than the tube bumpers I had... but hardly any sag. I like the 4 light tabs and the heavy-duty construction, but it's covered with cheap powdercoat that scratches easily. I don't have a winch, so instead, I put 2 8" lights in the middle which fits perfectly and fogs on top. Overall, a way better bumper than stock or tube bumpers.

Powrjunkey

Powrjunkey's Reviews

09-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Pros: strong, attractive poder coat, light mounts, strong winch mount, bullet-proof.
Cons: upper front light mounts not long enough(had to build brackets, easy) heavy(steel usually is, duh),
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper fit perfectly with no mods. when lights are installed on the front top positions, it creates a visible absolute front of your jeep making it easier to know where your jeep ends. tech note and pet peeve when I see these installed with lights: please take to time to drill out the holes in the bars for the light wires. if you are careful, not retarded, and pay attention to what you are doing, you can run your wires inside the tubes so you dont have wires hanging everywhere. there are little holes on the under sides of the bars. drill them out large enough to run the wires and connectors, install a generic rubber grommet, and go. makes the install of lights much cleaner. it takes much more time, but definately worth the effort. recently was sandwiched on the freeway, and this bumper prevented any body damage on my jeep. powder coat came off a little, but didnt even tweak the metal. it is VERY solid.

blndman8000
blndman8000's Reviews
05-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Price: $230.00
Pros: Great Bumper, I love the look, bumper definitly looks better with a lifted jeep.
Cons: Not much beside looks kinda dumb on a stock jeep. I did take a little bit of hammering with a sledge hammer to get it to dit onto the frame. Normal procedure with a Jeep lol
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper was the perfect fit for my jeep, i love the way it looks and is definitly and i get alot of completments, its availbale with D ring mounting points and winch plate and with 4 lights mounts. This bumper has it all, its really easy to put on all you need is a #55 torx bit, drill and mabey a sledehammer.

Wrangler_X
Wrangler_X's Reviews
04-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Pros: strong big and nasty
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: mounts to factory bolts, very strong wintch mount, good buy!!

dons_jeep

dons_jeep's Reviews
03-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Pros: Strong, Good Features, Looks
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bumper for the price. Has all the features I need for the trail. Looks great on a YJ. Easy to Install and the paint finish is just what I like not shiny nor dull.

Spotsy03tj
Spotsy03tj's Reviews

09-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Price: $249.00
Pros: Beefy, cheap, looks good.
Cons: lots of people have it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It was a breeze to install and it looks tough. i want to get two more lights on it and a winch when money allowes. It can take a beating really well week after i put it on some one backed into it in a parking lot scuffed the powder a bit.

Apples

Apples's Reviews
05-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Decent looking, easy winch mount
Cons: I haven't beat on it yet so I don't know
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I haven't beat on it yet so I don't know but I like the look and its functional

RockMonster
RockMonster's Reviews

04-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Pros: easy to install, strudy as hell, great price, great style lots of light tabs winch mounts up nicley great protection!
Cons: powdercoat is hard to duplicate after being severly scraped across rocks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: if your looking for good front end protection this is it. i stood my entire jeep on this front bumper (im pretty sure its the only thing that saved me from going on to my roof) and this thing didnt even scratch! its also a good investment to make if your friends are bad drivers and dont look when they back up that way you can just point at there tailgate and loaugh while your jeep gose unharmed!

billymac4511
billymac4511's Reviews
03-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Pros: Looks nice, Lightweight, protects my fenders
Cons: Only one top and one bottom bolt per side where it mounts...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I need to weld an extension on to the mount so as to have more 'holding power' at the mounts. Was VERY well packaged when shipped. Looks really slick and the powdercoating looks really nice on it.

olsont
olsont's Reviews
03-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Pros: easy install if you can get the bolts out mine were difficult also shackle gets in way during install but after this so far so good even stays clean and has light mounts
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good product i think best looking one
i think i paid about 250 for it brand new comes in a big frickin box

Jpaholic
Jpaholic's Reviews
02-13-2010, 03:02 AM
Price: $289.00
Pros: Complete bolt on. Plenty of light tabs. Sturdy as he'll.
Cons: Cheap powdercoat.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had the bumper on 3 different jeeps over the last 4 years. Other than the powdercoat flaking off, couldn't ask for more.

Red_Rubicon
Red_Rubicon's Reviews
12-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Looks great and D ring mounts
Cons: won't work with Smitty winches controlers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had to make a bracket to offset the controller so that the hand held unit could be plugged in.

sracer2005
sracer2005's Reviews
10-06-2009, 03:45 AM
Price: $260.00
Pros: Great Value awesome look
Cons: Nothing so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is an awesome bumper for the price and looks wicked cool

ryancarlson123
ryancarlson123's Reviews
07-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Price: $270.00
Pros: its great
Cons: no complaint
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very nice, great buy, fill the look in to a jeep, if you get it, you have to put a winch on

TJftw

TJftw's Reviews
06-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: nice paint, good looking, strong, 4 light tabs, shackle mounts
Cons: sticks out quite far forward. If you do alot of rock crawling it probably isnt for you.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great bumper perfect for most people unless you're into rock crawling. even then would still be decent. CHEAP!

Gymguyjeep
Gymguyjeep's Reviews

06-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Price: $240.00
Pros: Nice agressive look, some fender protection, tabs for two sets of lights, good winch and grill protection, not as heavy as expected
Cons: Don't like smittybilt logo plate front and center Would prefer black powercoat so it could be easily touched up with rattle can paint
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper was super easy to install. I had to do a little grinding on the top driver side bolt hole to make it accept the bolt. When installing with a winch plate, attach the bumper first using only the bottom two bolts then put winch plate on top. Need some spacer washers underneath the rear two bumper bolts to make it most solid on the frame.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »