paulthejeeper

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rugged Ridge rear bumper w/ spare swing out

offroad rear bumper w/ 2" reciever and spare tire swing out

post #2 of Old 04-24-2008, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
paulthejeeper

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've had this bumper installed for over a month and find it to be very trail worthy... Like I said, it installed relatively easy and the latch and hinge pin work without any problems... Down side was the zerk fitting was in the way so when you opened up the tailgate, it would hit the fitting... (broke mine off)
All in all I would recommend this bumper as a good entry level bumper that can carry up to a 35" spare...
post #3 of Old 04-25-2008, 09:15 AM
jk4u2nv
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have the front xhd bumper
post #4 of Old 07-10-2008, 09:37 AM
alvinl

1998 TJ Wrangler 

This is a great bumper for the price. It is sturdy and does not rattle. The hinge can get stiff if not greased and the finish is so-so. But a great buy for the dollars.
post #5 of Old 08-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Cineris1104
1998 TJ Wrangler 

One of my favorite mods thus far! Great price for a bumper w/ swing away, and its very solid, more so than I expected for only $300! Rattles very slightly on the trails, but nothing too bad.
post #6 of Old 09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
SparkieSTI
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Nice low profile rear bumper plus tire carrier. Comes with 2" receiver, but max towing is only 750lbs. Just wish it could pull more.
post #7 of Old 03-19-2010, 07:00 PM
jimG16
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It looked and worked great for the first 2-3 months. After that it started to sag due to god awful bolt placements on the bumper and left mine with a severe crack. They leave for zero support and strength. Perhaps I should re-read the manual and see if it requires me to glue it to my car. It would hold better anyway.
post #8 of Old 09-06-2010, 08:53 PM
bamascw

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I installed this with very limited knowledge. No drilling required!!
post #9 of Old 10-29-2010, 09:10 PM
ThunderFoot
2007 JK Wrangler 

This bumper is quite rugged. The welds are complete and the finish is superb. As noted in the Product Con's, the hole plugs leave a bit to be desired but with the powder coating applied after the hole had been drilled there isn't much chance rust will start there.

I did have to completely disassemble the bumper after taking it from the shipping box since the D-rings were already mounted to the frame mounts. The frame mounts had to be removed from the bumper in order to install onto the frame before presenting the bumper to the mounts.

I originally had inserted all of the bolts for the frame mount before putting the bumper on them but found the mounting holes for the D-rings didn't line up. By removing the frame mount bolts and installing the D-rings (none not tightened but threaded in loosely) I was able to align the mounting bolts without further problem. It was a very easy installation.

I didn't get the swing out tire carrier as my Jeep has the tailgate mount.
post #10 of Old 12-13-2010, 08:59 AM
rowarmy
1998 TJ Wrangler 

had the bumpers on it for 10 months now, only real issues have been
1) rust on the tubes, I fixed that by scraping the rust away, spraying with rustolium, then coating all metal surfaces of the bumper with pick-up bed liner -- no issues since
2) bumper pulling away from frame... big issue, i though I was going to lose it on my trip from VA to OK; fixed it by finding a welder in Lawton OK who permanently attached to the frame of the jeep -- no issues since
3) the mechanism that holds the tire swing on isn't holding it in place any longer... it occasionally swings off the bumper on bumps, especially coming off the highway .... still working on a fix to that, atm i am holding it on with 550 cord
post #11 of Old 06-23-2011, 06:35 PM
4LCKDRUBIUNLTD
2010 JK Wrangler 

Make the most of your rear bumper with our XHD Rear Bumper System. Features easy installation, amazing looks and two reinforced heavy duty D-Ring attachment points. Special “inner mounting plate” provides an extremely secure mounting point - strong enough for offroad use! The two-piece design allows use with and without tire carrier. Heavy duty powdercoated steel design looks great but is extremely tough. Mount on the Tire Carrier and you can hold up to a 35” tire.
The perfect addition to the XHD rear bumper is the matching XHD Tire Carrier Mount. The latch uses a door handle mechanism for durability and a great matching appearance. The massive hinge supports up to a 35” tire and has a locking pin to keep the arm in place on the even steepest grade.
post #12 of Old 06-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Akrick907
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Was a very quick install only had to drill 4 holes to add more mounting points for bumper and did it by my self. the bumper is charring the stock 31" Rubicon spare that hasn't seen a day of use. its been pulled on and used the toe hitch on it and it has preformed admirably. all around awesome bumper and tire swing set up.
post #13 of Old 08-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Alohi Ahi
2011 JK Wrangler 

Solid with D rings that are HD. Best of all it fit with my OEM tow hitch.