Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Rugged Ridge rear bumper w/ spare swing out

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Rugged Ridge rear bumper w/ spare swing out Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Rugged Ridge rear bumper w/ spare swing out

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $598.00
Average Price: $517.08
Manufacturer: Rugged Ridge
Recommended?
Yes: 10 / No: 2

offroad rear bumper w/ 2" reciever and spare tire swing out

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Alohi Ahi

Alohi Ahi's Reviews
08-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Looks great Fits with OEM tow hitch
Cons: Not flashy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Solid with D rings that are HD. Best of all it fit with my OEM tow hitch.

Akrick907

Akrick907's Reviews
06-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Price: $564.00
Pros: Tough bumper hold up great latching mechanism looks great.
Cons: latching mechanism can get clogged with grime but easily rinsed out.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was a very quick install only had to drill 4 holes to add more mounting points for bumper and did it by my self. the bumper is charring the stock 31" Rubicon spare that hasn't seen a day of use. its been pulled on and used the toe hitch on it and it has preformed admirably. all around awesome bumper and tire swing set up.

4LCKDRUBIUNLTD
4LCKDRUBIUNLTD's Reviews
06-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Price: $949.00
Pros: Quality product Well Built Tough as nails
Cons: Difficulty aligning mounts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Make the most of your rear bumper with our XHD Rear Bumper System. Features easy installation, amazing looks and two reinforced heavy duty D-Ring attachment points. Special “inner mounting plate” provides an extremely secure mounting point - strong enough for offroad use! The two-piece design allows use with and without tire carrier. Heavy duty powdercoated steel design looks great but is extremely tough. Mount on the Tire Carrier and you can hold up to a 35” tire.
The perfect addition to the XHD rear bumper is the matching XHD Tire Carrier Mount. The latch uses a door handle mechanism for durability and a great matching appearance. The massive hinge supports up to a 35” tire and has a locking pin to keep the arm in place on the even steepest grade.

rowarmy

rowarmy's Reviews

12-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Price: $560.00
Pros: Looks great, fits my 33" spare with plenty of room to spare
Cons: Started rusting within a month of purchase (New York salt in January?), weight of tire started pulling bumper away from frame because it doesn't sit well on it, the locking mechanism (idk what else to call it) isn't holding the swing arm very well anymore
Recommended? No

Comments: had the bumpers on it for 10 months now, only real issues have been
1) rust on the tubes, I fixed that by scraping the rust away, spraying with rustolium, then coating all metal surfaces of the bumper with pick-up bed liner -- no issues since
2) bumper pulling away from frame... big issue, i though I was going to lose it on my trip from VA to OK; fixed it by finding a welder in Lawton OK who permanently attached to the frame of the jeep -- no issues since
3) the mechanism that holds the tire swing on isn't holding it in place any longer... it occasionally swings off the bumper on bumps, especially coming off the highway .... still working on a fix to that, atm i am holding it on with 550 cord

ThunderFoot

ThunderFoot's Reviews
10-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Easily installed once it was disassembled from the box.
Cons: If the spare swing out is not used/installed, the holes in the bumper are plugged with a rubber piece that is likely to come out. It doesn't seem to fit firmly in the hole.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper is quite rugged. The welds are complete and the finish is superb. As noted in the Product Con's, the hole plugs leave a bit to be desired but with the powder coating applied after the hole had been drilled there isn't much chance rust will start there.

I did have to completely disassemble the bumper after taking it from the shipping box since the D-rings were already mounted to the frame mounts. The frame mounts had to be removed from the bumper in order to install onto the frame before presenting the bumper to the mounts.

I originally had inserted all of the bolts for the frame mount before putting the bumper on them but found the mounting holes for the D-rings didn't line up. By removing the frame mount bolts and installing the D-rings (none not tightened but threaded in loosely) I was able to align the mounting bolts without further problem. It was a very easy installation.

I didn't get the swing out tire carrier as my Jeep has the tailgate mount.

bamascw

bamascw's Reviews
09-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Easy to install.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this with very limited knowledge. No drilling required!!

jimG16
jimG16's Reviews

03-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Price: $560.00
Pros: Looks nice strong build for the first few months
Cons: Weak poor bolt placement engineered with a blindfold
Recommended? No

Comments: It looked and worked great for the first 2-3 months. After that it started to sag due to god awful bolt placements on the bumper and left mine with a severe crack. They leave for zero support and strength. Perhaps I should re-read the manual and see if it requires me to glue it to my car. It would hold better anyway.

SparkieSTI
SparkieSTI's Reviews

09-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Price: $550.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice low profile rear bumper plus tire carrier. Comes with 2" receiver, but max towing is only 750lbs. Just wish it could pull more.

Cineris1104
Cineris1104's Reviews

08-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Price: $299.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: One of my favorite mods thus far! Great price for a bumper w/ swing away, and its very solid, more so than I expected for only $300! Rattles very slightly on the trails, but nothing too bad.

alvinl

alvinl's Reviews

07-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great bumper for the price. It is sturdy and does not rattle. The hinge can get stiff if not greased and the finish is so-so. But a great buy for the dollars.

jk4u2nv
jk4u2nv's Reviews

04-25-2008, 11:15 AM
Price: $598.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the front xhd bumper

paulthejeeper

paulthejeeper's Reviews

04-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Price: $325.00
Pros: Appears well made, easy installation, holds my 33" spare with no problems, good entry level bumper
Cons: zerk fitting for greasable hinge pin gets hit by tailgate, broke mine in the first 5 mins after installing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had this bumper installed for over a month and find it to be very trail worthy... Like I said, it installed relatively easy and the latch and hinge pin work without any problems... Down side was the zerk fitting was in the way so when you opened up the tailgate, it would hit the fitting... (broke mine off)
All in all I would recommend this bumper as a good entry level bumper that can carry up to a 35" spare...