Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Rugged Ridge Modular Front w/winch plate

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Rugged Ridge Modular Front w/winch plate Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Rugged Ridge Modular Front w/winch plate

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

Average Price: $391.64
Manufacturer: Rugged Ridge
Recommended?
Yes: 11 / No: 0

Rugged Ridge modular front bumper comes with or without end flares on front bumper and w/wo winch plate and has provision for adding bull bar or pre runner bars and lights. Neat modular system.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Bigsilver
Bigsilver's Reviews
03-26-2013, 12:29 AM
Price: $395.00
Pros: Modular, easy to install, looks good.
Cons: Made in China. Fog light mounts are weak.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good modular design with a good price. Only complaint is that it's made in China.

Alohi Ahi

Alohi Ahi's Reviews
08-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Price: $409.00
Pros: Great Looking Solidly built
Cons: Pricy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just got it installed. Love the fact that you can modify the base bumper to fit you taste

4LCKDRUBIUNLTD
4LCKDRUBIUNLTD's Reviews
06-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Price: $359.00
Pros: Quality product Well built Tough as nails
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The New revolutionary bumper system that literally allows you to design & build your own custom bumper.Modular Add-on to the Center Base section allow you create the styling & function right for you.

The Center Base section is the foundation of the XHD Bumper System and stands alone as excellent bumper for those on a budget. Available with integrated winch mount for most popular winches including WARN® PowerPlant (with optional mounting blocks). The Winch Mount Center Base design attaches to existing bumper mounts with two custom D-Ring mounting plates that “sandwich” the bumper securely to the frame. Center Base section features fog lamp provisions with laser cut euro-guards. Also Includes side block-out plates to finish ends when installed by itself. A durable textured powder coat finish is applied over e-coated steel construction for lasting durability.

The XHD Bumper Ends bolt directly to Center Base sides to turn your "stubby" bumper into a full-size design. Precision-machined, mitered joints create a seamless look. Any Trail-damaged ends can be removed for repair or replacement. Same durable finish is applied to match all XHD bumpers & components. The Center Bumper Hoops are available in textured black or polished stainless finishes. These 2 3/8" O.D. round tube hoops compliment the System & provide a complete look. Hoops bolt directly to Center Base section and can be used with or without a winch.* The Center Stinger Hoop secures directly to front frame mount and provides added strength for off-camber pulls. The XHD PreRunner Guard features fully-welded construction and .120" wall tubing. The 2" O.D. steel tube design provides ultimate wrap-around protection & styling. Two oversized back braces bolt directly to bumper top for maximum rigidity. Side tubes wrap and cradle the front ends protecting the vulnerable sheet metal form trail damage. See our online photos of all bumper configurations to find the configuration right for you. *Center Bumper Hoops are not compatible with the WARN PowerPlant Winch.

Z-man246
Z-man246's Reviews
01-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Cheap
Recommended? Yes

Comments: No Comment

vonhef
vonhef's Reviews
10-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Price: $375.00
Pros: Nice durable textured finish.
Cons: End caps do not fit perfectly... but most people would never notice.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great value for the price.

juiceparn

juiceparn's Reviews
06-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Price: $339.00
Pros: Weight, sturdiness, price, winch plate, uses factory fogs, easy installation.
Cons: Looks like I'm going to fight rust as the textured finish gets dinged up fairly easy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm really happy to spend only $100 more than most winch plates for this entire bumper. I planned on getting the end caps but now that I have the stubby on I don't think I want to get them. Love the look and I stood the Jeep on it's nose going into a creek this past weekend and it held up perfectly!

fun
fun's Reviews
11-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Price: $389.00
Pros: Very Sturdy with hardware attached. Looks Great!
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper looks great on my JK Rubicon. The foglights are integrated into the bumper. I added the side pieces and loop.

RockyClymer

RedRock4Wheeler
RockyClymer's Reviews

06-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Very heavy duty and well built, like the modular approach to get the look you want
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: When it came time to get rid of the plastic crude on the front, this bumper jumped to the top of my list because of price, the fact it was modular for future changes, and I like the D rings connected direct to the frame horns. It also allowed the winch to be mounted lower to keep air flow into radiator good.

FC2TurboMSS

FC2TurboMSS's Reviews
05-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Price: $468.00
Pros: Well built, Easy install, nice appearance
Cons: Made in China, a few minor quality issues
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought from 4WD.com and applied my 10% military discount and got the front winch mount stubby RR Modular bumper with the winch height hoop. The $468 price included shipping. For the price, I think this is a great bumper. I just installed so no opinion on rusting, and the winch isn't here yet so no opinion on winch install...but so far I'm very happy. Wish it wasn't chinese, but what can you do.

*almost 1 year later and no rust or corrosion...very nice bumper; still a must have.

RockyClymer

RedRock4Wheeler
RockyClymer's Reviews

05-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Real solid, well built, heavy duty and easy to install
Cons: Does not re-use OME front bumper cans
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this bumper and installed the end modules as well. This sucker is heavy duty and more. The winch is a bit tricky to mount as the plate is set down out of the front of the radiator, but this is what I wanted so as to not cut air flow. I just glued the nuts on the winch first and then bolted from the underside. All I have had to do is just spray the scratches with Rustoleum wrinkle black and I am set to go again...highly recommended if you like the looks and are looking for quality and adaptability (ie. add on light bars or pre runner, etc,).