Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Rugged Ridge HEAVY DUTY FRONT BUMPER WITH ARMOR 97-06 TJ 11540.01

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Rugged Ridge HEAVY DUTY FRONT BUMPER WITH ARMOR 97-06 TJ 11540.01 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Rugged Ridge HEAVY DUTY FRONT BUMPER WITH ARMOR 97-06 TJ 11540.01

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $650.00
Average Price: $487.75
Manufacturer: Rugged Ridge Omix-Ada
Recommended?
Yes: 3 / No: 1
Company Website: http://www.omix-ada.com

Looking for that over-built extra tough look for your Jeep? This exciting new winch ready bumper provides all you could want and more. Constructed of durable powdercoat painted steel plate with rugged 2-inchx.120 wall tubing, this bumper has what it takes for rough and tumble offroad use. With a pre-cut front section and mounting points for a roller fairlead or Hawes fairlead, this bumper will accommodate most winches. Two welded -D-Ring- tabs allow for ease installation of optional D-Rings providing a secure pulling point. Trail tested, this is a great front bumper!

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

ID10Tpig
ID10Tpig's Reviews
02-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Price: $682.00
Pros: Looks good on my YJ, stong design, nice recovery points.
Cons: Paint is flaking off just a little, needs 1/4 inch winch plate and frame mounts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Drainage sucks, so drill a hole on each side in the winch well like I did, works great. Overall nice bumper.

kashoggio

kashoggio's Reviews
11-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: paint is good , really sound item
Cons: fitment was off, had to get the grinder out to make the sucker fit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice bumper for the money, the fitment was a issue but not really a huge deal. over all a good item

Nashirak

Nashirak's Reviews
01-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Price: $549.00
Pros: Plenty of coverage while still maintaining approach angles and clearance. Includes mounts for winch and lights
Cons: Heavy Powder coat either didn't take or is very thin/weak
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a large bumper, but despite its large amount of coverage it still maintains factory approach angles or better. I like the well for mounting the winch, as well as the mounts for lights. Very good fit, very well made.

The only gripe I have about it is that powder coating didn't last. It started chipping/flaking and rusting underneath. I got the whole thing sandblasted and sprayed with bedliner.

deaduncle
deaduncle's Reviews

06-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Price: $499.99
Pros: Heavy duty, Full coverage, Nice Design
Cons: Poor Powder coating, Absolutly no customer service.
Recommended? No

Comments: I wanted a full coverage bumper for my 2006 Rubicon Unlimited and this seemed to fit the bill nicely.
Installation: Easy. Good instructions. Came with shims not needed in my installation.
Design: Fairly thick steel. Nice welds. Heavy clevis mounts. Good protection of winch (could have more and larger winch well drain holes).
Finish: Initially looked nice, but within 6 months huge sheets of powder coat flaked off. It appears that the surface was not prepped correctly or was rusty when powder coat was applied, rusting under the finish and popping off.
Customer Service: None. Left several e-mails on their site with photos, no response. Spoke to representative at a trade show who said, "Rugged Ridge doesn't handle warranty problems, sorry, call your salesman." He had a "go away" attitude, just would not help anymore, and walked away. Called Tellico4x4.com and was placed on indefinite hold twice. Have just gotten so disgusted that I have dropped the whole thing.
Long term opinion: 2 yrs later. Love the bumper design. Tried to remove finish, but it is impossible to remove where it did bond. (Disk grinder skids across finish and smears it.) To maintain it, I just keep scraping off the loose and spray bombing it. I don't have time for the run around, with two kids and a job requiring 70hrs a week. I need real customer service. Rugged Ridge has other products I would like to get, but not until the bumper problem is satisfactorily resolved.