Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Rugged Ridge Double tube front bumper w/ hoop

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Rugged Ridge Double tube front bumper w/ hoop Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Rugged Ridge Double tube front bumper w/ hoop

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $170.00
Average Price: $237.90
Manufacturer: Rugged Ridge
Recommended?
Yes: 11 / No: 0

Comes just as shown, has mounting brackets for relocating your lights. Light but sturdy. Decent install no problems.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

cperk7
cperk7's Reviews
11-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Clean Look. After 4 years it's still holding up greatly
Cons: Even though the bumper is sealed, I had to remove it last week for some other upkeep, and there seems to be a lot of water/dirt inside.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Held up nicely after 4 years

JK4x4Wrangler
JK4x4Wrangler's Reviews
03-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Pros: Inexpensive and durable, took a full on shot from a full sized adult male deer and no damage or bending
Cons: Install was a pain t get the stock bumper off and had to do some drilling to get the bumper to line up with the frame holes.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tough bumper. Not overly done, simple design and durable construction

67alecto
67alecto's Reviews
02-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Pros: Looks awesome, allows you to keep factory fog lights
Cons: Instructions weren't always clear.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Taking off the front bumper will be the lion's share of work for this installation. The removal of the 8 bolts is made harder by their location and the interference you'll run into with other pieces of the front end as you try to get your socket in there. Once the front bumper is off, the only complaint I had was that the instructions were not clear at all on how the fill plate was to go in - if you follow the instructions, you're in for a frustrating time as you try to force the plate in between the bumper and the grill. On the other hand, putting the plate in first makes getting the bolts in a little harder - you have to get them from below rather than above. I'd recommend putting the filler plate in first.

Ntruder16
Ntruder16's Reviews
04-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Looks great, easy to install, no drilling required.
Cons: No winch mount.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a good front bumper. It looks great and was very easy to install. Just remove factory front bumper, line up the holes and put the factory hardware back in. It has no winch mount. It has holes for lights.

daverubino
daverubino's Reviews
09-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Price: $249.00
Pros: nice clean bumper mounts without mods
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Upgrade to front bumper was a must for me, nerf bars next to protect the new paint and bodywork. I like the finish and the look of the large tube. 6.75" round foglights mount to the built in tabs with no problem.

jsplit
jsplit's Reviews
03-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Price: $209.99
Pros: Easy to install and strong
Cons: Difficult to mount winch
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Key features include mandrel bent 3" diameter x .109" thick seamless tubing joined by miter cut vertical connectors that are fully welded 360. Versions available for both winch mount and non-winch mount applications. Non-winch bumpers feature 2 auxiliary light tabs. Final finishes include e-coated steel w/oven baked powder coatings in textured black, gloss black or titanium gray. These are the finest finishes available and carry a one-year limited warranty

grininmonkey
grininmonkey's Reviews
02-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Looks good
Cons: Scratches easy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A good bumper with decent looks for a limited budget

89cherokee352
89cherokee352's Reviews
01-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Pros: looks good, solid, easy mounting. Took me all of 10 minutes to put on
Cons: does not come with a winch mount for the cherokee's
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a good bumper. Looks good very easy to install. I actually installed it by myself under 10 minutes.

nqlblq
nqlblq's Reviews
05-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Look awesome
Cons: pretty heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A great upgrade from the stock bumper. It's also a great addition if you eventually want to add a winch.

TexasX

TexasX's Reviews

03-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Price: $170.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Classic look goes with the MT Classic II. The price was right went on easy. Light tabs. was even able to mount my OME tow hooks back on top of the frame

helicase50

helicase50's Reviews

02-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Black textured and double tubes match rear. Got a set for xmas, love them all. My lights fit into the hoop onto mounting brackets easily. Hoop makes it something different too.