Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Rock hard rear bumper with tire swing

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Rock hard rear bumper with tire swing Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Rock hard rear bumper with tire swing

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $900.00
Average Price: $754.97
Manufacturer: Rock hard
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 0

rear bumper with swing for TJ

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

dezertdirt

dezertdirt's Reviews
10-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Excellent product. Works well and looks great.
Cons: Instructions for tire swing are not great.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper looks and performs great. It is well made. The tire swing seems to be well made but the assembly and adjustment instructions are not great. It handles the tire and gas can holders well but the closure is difficult to adjust and requires a good stiff slam to close.

bigmeangreen
bigmeangreen's Reviews
04-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Pros: awesome i can get rid of the bumperetts
Cons: cant think of any now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks beefy but I will know if it will be enough soon.

TheSlowDown
TheSlowDown's Reviews
01-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Price: $774.85
Pros: Very solid design. Holds the tire well off the body. Has a nice frame tie-in kit.
Cons: Powder coating could be better, some fit & finish here and there could be better to protect more from RUST.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice design. Engineering tolerances leave a bit to be desired when it comes to finishing - especially the power coating.

Frame tie-in (an extra charge of $13 or so) is nice and gives the option to drill or not depending on your load. I like that you can put dual gas cans on the carrier, but I don't like the price that Rock Hard charges for the brackets.

The thing is solid. I left Costco one day and didn't properly secure my tire carrier. The thing swung as I took a left turn. Hit the pin stop and stayed there. I pulled back into the parking lot, unpinned he carrier, and properly closed it.

No tweaked anything, still works properly. Solid design.

emtstormyff
emtstormyff's Reviews

05-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Needed something for my 35 spare. After shopping alot and looking at them online from Afganistan is sort of hard, but it passes the time.

SurfnSnow
SurfnSnow's Reviews

04-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Pros: Well built, solid, no rattle, straight forward install
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After installing the RockHard4x4 bumper/tire carrier it can be said that this is a solid built unit: the welds are thorough, the instructions are easy to read, and everything fits the way it should without any modification and can be done by one person with regular hand tools.

The installation instructions are easy to follow and have photos to help you figure out what goes where. It is very tough and can take any punishment that can be had on any trail due to its design and the hardware used: all the hardware is grade 8 so there is no chance of breakage. The number of options that are available also make this an affordable tire/carrier combination for those who are building their rigs on a budget. To put it simply: the RockHard4x4 bumper/tire carrier is tough, well made, best bang for the buck, and might last longer than your Jeep. Click here if you want to see an install write up

Quinn'sTJ
Quinn'sTJ's Reviews

04-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Price: $900.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: looks good