Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Rock Hard 4x4 Parts Rear Bumper Tire Carrier

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Rock Hard 4x4 Parts Rear Bumper Tire Carrier Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Rock Hard 4x4 Parts Rear Bumper Tire Carrier

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $995.00
Average Price: $719.28
Manufacturer: Rock Hard 4x4 Parts
Recommended?
Yes: 14 / No: 1

Rock Hard Jeep Rear Bumper/Tire-Carriers are made out of 3/16" x 2" x 4" thick tubing with ends that are boxed in. They have 2 sets of holes which mount to your Jeep frame in a standard position or can be raised 1" to increase departure angle and/or compensate for body lift. This bumper also comes with (2)-5/8" x 2-1/2" CNC D-Ring shackle mount with tabs that are welded on front, go through bumper and then welded on the backside too. A CB antenna mount and horizontal Hi-Lift Jack mount with padlock provision comes standard. The swing out tire carrier will hold up to a 38" tire. All needed hardware is furnished for installation.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

JeepStangGuy
JeepStangGuy's Reviews
08-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: No Thanks
Cons: No Thanks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: No Thanks

TwistedZJco
TwistedZJco's Reviews
11-26-2012, 01:04 AM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: huge spindles
Cons: non
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great all around bumper, easilly carries a 39 inch super swamper

Trisalsa

Trisalsa's Reviews
11-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Gets the tire off the rear tailgate, integrate hitch mount, solid connection to frame
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Wanted to get the tire off the rear tailgate and also have the option to add fuel and/or cargo carrying ability in the future. Also needed to have a hitch mount for occasional towing. This bumper had it all. Well thought out fabrication. I went with the added frame support brackets. You end up with 12 reinforced bolts connecting to the frame. Use the bumper all the time to jack the vehicle to work on it. So far very little rattle, none on he highway.

ktroth

ktroth's Reviews
02-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: 2" hitch, great construction
Cons: heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good bumper overall. very stout. had one on my tj and first thing i installed on my jk

svjeep
svjeep's Reviews
06-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Price: $0.01
Pros: ?
Cons: hitch
Recommended? No

Comments: Receiver hitch depth not enough. Hits frame, had to cut down receiver hitch extension. Not sure if a locking pin will fit in there and I've already lost one pin with a retaining clip.

dcope17

dcope17's Reviews

08-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Price: $656.00
Pros: Precise instructions, Adjustable for no body lift or up 1" if you have a body lift. Everything bolted up perfectly. Well packaged, not a scratch on it.
Cons: Have to drill 4 holes ( which really makes the mounting stronger ) Not really a con...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 4 wheel parts 10% off deal is where I bought it. Install was straight forward. You can adjust everything even if it did start rattling... you can shim all the rubber stops to fix it. Great product...

Poor Boy

All Around Nice Guy
Poor Boy's Reviews

04-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Price: $1,400.00
Pros: Solid, easy to install, has everything i need in a rear bumper
Cons: nothing for a scepter fuel can (more readily available around here), but so what?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: on my 2007. got it with the gerry can mounts and luggage rack. came with hi-lift, cb antenna, hitch and clevis mounts, fits up to a 38" tire (with accessory mounts). what more do you need in a rear bumper, really? I can't remember exactly, but i want to say i paid 1300-1400 shipped for bumper and all the goodies.

VanBCguy

Web Wheeler
VanBCguy's Reviews

04-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Best on the market
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is the most solidly built rear swing away I've ever seen or owned. It has an excellent latching system, a great hinge, locking mechanism to prevent it from swinging back and "pinching" you between the heavy weight of the tire and carrier and the Jeep itself.

Read all the positive comments below my post. You'll get the idea.

I can't say enough good things about it. Just buy it!

sar50
sar50's Reviews
12-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Solid Design, No rattles, multiple accessori options
Cons: not inexpensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: strong design got the tie in brackets and rack. Works well.

limeking
limeking's Reviews

11-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Heavy duty
Cons: Instructions not so hot.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The bumper has taken some rock hits and still looks good. I am not impressed with the latch but it has not released on it own either. I did not like the reusing the bumper on the tailgate. I also had the same problem with the 3rd brake light and had the same trip to wallys. I just by chance changed the wires and it work. I would like to see a better way to attach the 3rd breaklight wiring.

Danegerous

Danegerous's Reviews
10-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Price: $799.00
Pros: Totally amazing construction. Solid idea, super solid execution. Smooth operation and super sturdy.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This thing is seriously awesome. Everything about it is super solid and everything I had hoped for.

Mystifire
Mystifire's Reviews

07-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Price: $689.00
Pros: Virtually indestructible with the frame tie-ins.
Cons: Lackluster directions. Frame tie in only came with bolts, no nuts. I had to reuse 4 from my old bumper and purchase two more.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper is fantastic.

Two tips:

1) If you have to drill the four inner holes on the back of the frame, line them up between the frame and the gas tank. I centered the holes in the middle of the slots and it was a PITA. If you have already done this and need help pulling the bolts through, I tied teflon tape to the end of the bolts and pulled them through.

2) If you purchased the optional 3rd brake light (may as well, its only $12.99 and it keeps you legal), don't assume that black wire connects to the black wire and the white wire goes to the white wire. That cost me a midnight trip to wally-world for 20A fuses.

crashdnt

crashdnt's Reviews

12-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Pros: Solid, Ease of installation and operation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Outstanding quality. Easy operation. Recommend buying the extra frame supports.

ZektheJeep
ZektheJeep's Reviews

10-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Price: $995.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tuff as nails, never rattles and never has done anything except do its job-hold my jack and my spare.

ApexWrangler
ApexWrangler's Reviews

09-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Price: $729.95
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great solid bumper. Built-in receiver hitch is awesome. Latch is easy to open with one hand.