Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Rampage Rear Bumper W/Tire Carrier 87-06 Wrangler

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Rampage Rear Bumper W/Tire Carrier 87-06 Wrangler Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Rampage Rear Bumper W/Tire Carrier 87-06 Wrangler

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $375.00
Average Price: $211.23
Manufacturer: Rampage
Recommended?
Yes: 11 / No: 0

INCLUDES ROCK CRAWLER REAR BUMPER.

THREE POINT MOUNTING SYSTEM SUPPORTS OVER SIZED TIRES.

DURABLE 2" X .120" WALL TUBULAR DESIGN.

2" RECEIVER FOR EXTRACTIONS.

GREASE FITTING ON THE TIRE CARRIER ALLOWS FOR EASY SWING OUT/SWING IN.

DUAL STAGE TEXTURED BLACK POWDER COAT PAINTED STEEL CONSTRUCTION.

SPECIAL LOCK DESIGN KEEPS THE TIRE CARRIER SECURE WHILE OFF-ROAD.

FITS YEARS JEEP WRANGLERS 1987- 2006

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

sjones26573

Au revoir, gopher.
sjones26573's Reviews
01-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Light holes. D rings included
Cons: Below.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Surface rust visible after 1 1/2 weeks. Wipes off. Carrier sits at an angle, making latching difficult. Lug nuts did not fit in my wheel. We used the old nuts and got 19mm press fit studs, drilled out the holes on the carrier, and set studs with a hammer. Better than the bolts that come with it. They require a rachet on the lug nut and bolt just to get them off. Also, no hookups for chains when towing a trailer. The carrier arrived damaged. Overall, its good for a budget build, but i suggest spending the extra for an LoD. Mine was a gift.

metalry101

metalry101's Reviews
09-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: It's stronger than I would have figured. It has shrugged off some pretty good hits. It gets the spare up and out of the way off-road.
Cons: The latch doesn't work very well when bouncing around so I use a strap to keep it from flopping open. Having the tire up high makes it harder to see behind the Jeep, but the extra clearance is worth it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Stronger than you'd think for the price, but details like the latch are sub-par. I've had the thing bounce open and get wedged into the ground while wheeling a couple times, but other than that, it's been awesome. I've dropped it hard on things a few times and it has stayed straight and strong.

wylderubicon
wylderubicon's Reviews
04-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: looks great, built in rear lights built in tow hitch
Cons: tow hitch is not rated
Recommended? Yes

Comments: matches the front.

BlkJeepTJSahara
BlkJeepTJSahara's Reviews
02-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Price: $275.00
Pros: Looks great, sturdy, amazing price
Cons: bolts didn't line up the best but easily solved..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very happy with this tire carrier.. its very solid and for $275 its an amazing deal. Bolts didn't line up the best but easily solved by started each bolt a couple threads and then tightening all at once. Also the tailgate hinge will get hit by the swing out carriers hinge so that had to be dremeled down.. i highly recommend this carrier though. awesome

LVE2CUT
LVE2CUT's Reviews
10-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Rugged Build. Nice design. Very functional dual 4" lights for rear recovery
Cons: MAJOR FLAW with Rear Tire carrier. The tire carrier assembly is simply a bolt and nut....well it comes loose with vibration and my full size 37" spare almost flew off the car.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good build.
MAJOR FLAW with Rear Tire carrier. The tire carrier assembly is simply a bolt and nut....well it comes loose with vibration and my full size 37" spare almost flew off the car.
SOLUTION: I had the bolt and nut WELDED to each other.....problem solved!
It a nice bumper, pretty rugged, I would recommend it with the idea of welding the bolt and nut.

silbotta

silbotta's Reviews

02-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Chris_
Chris_'s Reviews

11-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Pros: Solid
Cons: Hangs low, sticks out too far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like this bumper/tire carrier. I've landed on it pretty hard, and it hasn't broken. After most of my trips there is rarely any paint left on the bottom because it drags on everything; however, it has saved my gas tank from any serious damage as a result. The clearance is decent enough. It sticks out pretty far from the frame. I have frame tie-ins, so it's not going anywhere, but I would like it to fit a little more closely to the body. I use the bumper as a step a lot though, because it's a nice flat surface.

I've used the bumper for recovery, and have had no issues. I have a little rubber piece inside the lock to keep any rattles out. It does not rattle at all, but if I took this piece out it would. Based on an above review, I have a small bungee strap that holds the latch down so it doesn't come loose off road.

Overall, I think it's a great bumper for the price. The non-slip black paint matches perfectly, and I'm not afraid to rub rocks and trees with this bumper, so the coating is irrelevant to me. It gets repainted after each trip because it does take a beating. I also have the front to match, and they look great together. Good bumper. Simple design.

hazmat
hazmat's Reviews

08-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Pros: easy install ease of use, no ratttles
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this bumper used off a forum member for 325$ he had dragged it over rocks and only scratched the powdercoat. I modded the snubbers on tailgate so the a frame would fit snug . It does'nt rattle at all. It did come with a piece on top of the a/frame that I could'nt figure out what it was for . I could'nt get it to stay tight . I just took it off no harm, no foul no rattles . I'm satisfied.

JeepnAZ

JeepnAZ's Reviews

01-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Price: $375.00
Pros: Good looks, tough, easy to install
Cons: Latch can release off road.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this bumper and tire swing on E-bay for $375 and paid $75 shipping, the lowest price I could find. It is a great bumper. Installation was pretty easy.

On my first hill the latch released. So I have had to use a rubber strap since to make sure it stays latched off road.

I adjusted the rubber bumper by grinding it down so it was thinner. This made the swing easier to latch and I think solved my problem.

I will secure with a rubber strap next time I am off road though to make sure.