Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Rampage Front recovery bumper with lights JK

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Rampage Front recovery bumper with lights JK Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Rampage Front recovery bumper with lights JK

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $675.00
Average Price: $480.23
Manufacturer: Rampage
Recommended?
Yes: 17 / No: 1

Front recovery bumper with lights

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Camster7
Camster7's Reviews
06-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Great Weight, solid metal foundation
Cons: Hard to ratchet in place
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I live the texture and feel of the metal as well as the welds and weight. Meets the fenders nicely.

cumminsf100
cumminsf100's Reviews
05-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Price: $10.00
Pros: Excellent product
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent bumper. Even went with the Rampage rear bumper with tire mount. Never had any issues with either. They installed easily. Never been stuck so never tested them in that means but good looking and from every indication solid bumpers.

carfull

carfull's Reviews

03-16-2013, 12:20 AM
Price: $589.74
Pros: Great styling, matches the fender flare curves well, hugs the front fascia and body perfectly. Mounting was straightforward, with removal of the old plastic panels and bent bumper the most difficult part of the job. Having a helper made things go smoother. The Rubicon driving lights fit well, recommend using Gorilla tape on the lower part of the light to prevent wobble. Check the level of the bumper before tightening the eight bolts that hold the bumper in place. Seems sturdy, and mounted the Warn ZEON 10-S well, with improved ground clearance and protection. I think it remains a good value ($589.74 on Amazon.com, free shipping) and certainly an improvement over stock. Comes with two D-rings.
Cons: Heavy with the winch plate and winch, even with synthetic rope. Not fully boxed, but then it would weigh even more.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am very happy with this item.

YATZI1980
YATZI1980's Reviews
03-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Solid
Cons: No light brackets
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good product would recommend

hil1
hil1's Reviews

02-26-2013, 03:52 AM
Price: $615.00
Pros: Seems sturdy, good price, came with winch plate and shackles
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed my Rampage front recovery bumper today on my 2013 jku. Good bumper seems sturdy and good price point. Did not have to relocate the vacuum pump located behind stock bumper so that's also a plus.

crxcj
crxcj's Reviews

01-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Price: $480.00
Pros: Fit well. Did it my myself. Paint matches good
Cons: Bolts for winch did not come with it. Just a trip to the hardware store
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Can't beat the price. Looks good. Paint texture and color just about match fender flares. No problem putting bumper on. My Ramsey winch fit perfect. Welds could be better. Does not come with a skid plate but comes with shackles and fairlead mount. I will have to fab a skidplate or buy one and make it fit. Took 4 days to get.

mountianman007
mountianman007's Reviews

04-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Price: $489.00
Pros: fit great only took me about an hour to to change out by myself, it's heavy but it's steel. A great value
Cons: I have seen cleaner welds but I have no complaints
Recommended? Yes

Comments: where do you get a complete recovery bumper, winch mt. plate weld on push bar that loolks good and fits for under $500?

wylderubicon
wylderubicon's Reviews
04-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: looks great, built in fog lights.
Cons: no place to mount front license plate
Recommended? Yes

Comments: mounting was straight forward., but I did have to trim the front to make it fit over my steering column

djflyy

djflyy's Reviews
03-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Beefy, solid, includes lights, good recovery points
Cons: Only 4 frame mounting holes, compared to the 6 that were stock, Powdercoating peeled quicker than I would have enjoyed, Stinger tie-ins forced me to sawzall my winch plate to fit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great front bumper... not only does it look beefy and intimidating, but it provides stinger support without extending too far forward... parallel parking is still a possibility. Mine came with the front bumper lights free, so those were a nice addition, and help in foggy weather and snow to get a better idea as to the road. I will mention that I ripped through the steel during a recovery one time, the D-ring on the drivers side was hooked to a tow strap and then to a Dodge 2500 pickup, and as I was pulling backwards, the steel of the bumper ripped through and it came off the left side of the Jeep........ Still would recommend, though.

ericrj80
ericrj80's Reviews
03-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Has a nice look..
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Quick easy install..Have not been on the trails yet to see what kinda abuse it can take

GeorgiaRubi
GeorgiaRubi's Reviews
12-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Price: $629.99
Pros: Looks, protection, clearance
Cons: not boxed in
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install was rather easy. Just make sure you install the driving lights first or you will be taking the bumper off a second time. Mounting a Warn winch to it can be a pain in the ... but it can be done. Wished it was boxed it, but overall looks great.

aztec_doc

aztec_doc's Reviews
08-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Price: $569.00
Pros: Great bumper
Cons: Unaligned bolts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good overall bumper. Good bang for your buck

ExplorGM
ExplorGM's Reviews
07-29-2009, 02:51 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Looks, value, ease of install. Perfect for every day on road and weekend off road use. Looks more factory than the factory bumper.
Cons: Rough grinding marks, rough welds, no boxing. Not for a serious rock crawler or a show vehicle.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: we purchased the Rampage Front Bumper from 4WD Hardware online for our 2008 Rubicon Unlimited. Paid just over $600 including tax. Had the bumper delivered to our local store in Phoenix so we saved the shipping charge.

A drunk had nailed our stock front bumper so most of this cost was paid by his insurance. The cost of a new plastic cover for the stock bumper, labor, and a day's car rental came to $460 so this worked out well!

First let me say that the service at the local 4WD Hardware stores was outstanding! Received a call when the order was placed, another when the bumper arrived one day later, and the awesome warehouse guy helped me unpack it and load it into the back of the Rubi. (The dual top was still in place so the box would not fit as is)

The bumper itself fit like a glove for the most part. The fit actually looks better than the factory bumper with the ends much closer to the fenders and up and out of the way of the tires. The bolts were extremely close in tolerance so that was a challenge since I did the install solo. (Holding the bumper up with one hand while trying to align the holes/bolts and then using a rubber mallet to snug it on...) This puppy weighs a little more than the stocker.

The stock backing/bolt plates did not fit the bottom of the bumper where they are wider so I had to grind and them paint them a little.
The factory fogs fit well with only a little grinding on the holes on one side to get it to fit dead center. The mounts on the fogs fit the holes pretty well and they bolted right up.

My only complaints are in the "finish" department. The holes for the factory fogs show some pretty ugly grinding marks under the black powdercoat and the welds around the D-Ring mounts in places are rough. Also the top of the stinger was scratched down to the metal, probably from shipping. Easily touched up, but not fun to see right out of the box...It is also not boxed in in the back, but for the price and for our moderate off roading, it came with everything we needed. Full width coverage, better clearance than stock, factory light mounts, winch mount and a moderate stinger... Again, not a bumper for a serious rock crawler or a show vehicle, but for every day road and weekend dirt use, it is perfect!

CFD703SPC

CFD703SPC's Reviews

04-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This Rampage Bumper was purchased by the prior owner and he told me it took him quite some time to pick this one. I'm glad he did because I just love this bumper. Very Beefy, Made Rock Solid and look forward to purchasing the matching rear bumper with tire carrier when the cash allows.

Rocker69
Rocker69's Reviews

12-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Price: $625.00
Recommended? No

Comments: These bumpers look mean, but add a lot of weight. I put front and rear on, and the factory lights don't fit the front. The rear instalation forced me to give up my tow bar too.

ZX14Rider

ZX14Rider's Reviews

07-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Price: $675.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Big, solid, and really heavy !! A quality bumper..Heavy duty springs would be a good idea with this bumper as it will make your front end drop..

BelAirJohn
BelAirJohn's Reviews

05-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Pros: good looking bumper, follows body lines
Cons: hard as hell to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Bumper is very nice $499 That said, the bumper is a very tight fit. I often have my 12-year-old son help me but because of the bumper's weight I stopped at a friend's carpet shop and asked him to help. He was dressed nicely for work and I thought that this would only take a few minutes (boy was I wrong). I'm good with tools and my friend has restored a few Land Rovers. Either of us could pull an engine.
#1 The backing plates on the frame need to be ground down on a bench grinder because the wide end "that goes down" couldn't work because of a gusset on the bumper.#2 The (4) bolt patterns that bolt to the frame have to go on perfectly. We test fit and tried getting the bumper to line up over all eight holes for over an hour. Either four bolt pattern would fit nicely but God help you to get both sides at the same time. In the end I drilled out two mounting holes with a monster drill bit and a 1/2 drill. We bolted on the passengerís side and I climbed under and saw that two bolts on the driverís side needed to be bent slightly to fit-up. I double nutted the (2) 3/8" stud bolts and put a piece of pipe over the stud and nudge-ed it in the right direction. Finally all eight bolts lined up but they fit so tightly that I had to use the nuts & bolts to draw in the bumper to final position by ratching both sides on slowly & evenly. This bumper fits tighter than a glove! #3 the winch was no problem getting on. The winch attachment bolt holes are nicely counter sunk to accept stove-bolts. #4 The problem with stove bolts is that they don't come in "grade 8" only in grade 6. I sell bolts for a living and I have the books to prove that (4) 3/8" grade 6 bolts work to 10,500 lbs. in shear but anyone else would ring there hands wondering if they where using the right bolts. In closing I love this bumper and would buy it again but, plan for a friend to help and no less than 4 hours install time. Get "Zen with it" and have all of your tools ready. I fear other bumper brands are little better. JOHN

rooster5333

rooster5333's Reviews

04-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome! I love this bumper. Came with shackles and winch plate. Installation was easy!