Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Pro Comp (Genuine Steel) Crawler Rear Bumper

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Pro Comp (Genuine Steel) Crawler Rear Bumper Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Pro Comp (Genuine Steel) Crawler Rear Bumper

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $150.00
Average Price: $137.76
Manufacturer: Pro Comp (Genuine Steel)
Recommended?
Yes: 17 / No: 1

- Gloss black powder coat finish
- Constructed with 1/4" plate steel
- Designed for high departure and approach angles
- With d-rings
- With 2" receiver (Not rated for towing)

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

joey5639
joey5639's Reviews
04-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Nice looking bunper
Cons: No d rings
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good looking strong product but wish it has d rings

HighRoller02TJ
HighRoller02TJ's Reviews
03-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Price: $146.00
Pros: d rings
Cons: install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great bumper.im happy. you need to drill new holes for this one

rhahn
rhahn's Reviews
12-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Price: $146.00
Pros: Good looks, good D-rings, price
Cons: Put a luggage basket in the receiver and the bumper flexes a lot. There is a metal warning plate that it is not to be used for towing.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bumper with D-rings. I had to do some very slight grinding to get it to fit, but that was expected because the Jeep has had some mild crash damage. First time out I was winched off one of the D-rings and it held up just fine.

dsiegel5151
dsiegel5151's Reviews
04-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Price: $185.00
Pros: Look good.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: While the front bumper is terrible, the back is quite nice.

04goldrubi74
04goldrubi74's Reviews
08-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: light weight
Cons: no towing capacity at all.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i like the bumper, its small and isn't in the way of anything. it would be great for a bike but i don't bike that often but i like the looks and styling of the bumper.

tjallday
tjallday's Reviews

08-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Price: $145.00
Pros: looks, cheap
Cons: install is pita
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install is pita, no way to get in between the frame and tank. Got both front and back bumpers that look great.

Patton
Patton's Reviews
02-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Price: $145.00
Pros: Strong slim look
Cons: Will need frame tie ins for recovery/ towing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It could be reinforced a little better. Not rated for towing but with tie ins should handle way more than a tj or lj is rated to tow anyway. It's heavy for what it is ~50lbs it may have some clearnace issues with spares particularly the hitch and it's accesories

famousstar1026

famousstar1026's Reviews
01-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Pros: super tough easy to install comes with reciever hitch
Cons: hardware was awful replaced with grade 8 nuts n bolts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy install everything looks sharp gloss black

honda53rider
honda53rider's Reviews
01-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Its a cheep bumper that still preforms
Cons: Cant tow with the hitch
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got tired of looking at the stock bumper so i went with the pro comp. Gives a little more clearance and a good recovery point.

+Crusader+

+Crusader+'s Reviews

09-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Pros: Cheap; looks nice; Strong D-Rings
Cons: Receiver flimpsy; center not "boxed"; hardware could be stronger, but what do you expect of Chinese goods?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I initially saw one on display at a 4X shop and liked the look thinking it would go well with my Bestop tire carrier. It just so happened to be inexpensive as well, so I bought one for the YJ from 4WheelParts.

Anyhow, in order to tow ANYTHING with this I had to seriously reinforce the receiver and "box" the center section with some 1/4" steel bought at Lowe's. I also welded on safety chain brackets by using steel gussets from BTF. I put a good deal of additional steel into this bumper in order to strengthen it sufficiently for any moderate towing. I sanded the weld-flaked powder coating and then sprayed it with Rustoleum Hammered black. It turned out good and the receiver works very well now.

As far as the untouched bumper goes, well it bolted right onto the YJ, and looks nice bolted up. The finish is thick enough, but on the hidden back side it started to rust a little where the hard to reach welds are located. If the bumper was "boxed" the full length it would seal out all the elements. Anyway, this bumper is plenty strong, they just should have made the effort to strengthen it up for towing from the get-go. Fine you don't want to rate it for towing, but at least make it strong enough to do so if people so choose. Not everyone has a welder or the know-how to reinforce one, sheesh. I tell ya, too many slip-n-fall democrat lawyers screwing it up for the honest herd.

Adamlee78
Adamlee78's Reviews

07-31-2009, 04:32 PM
Pros: good looking bumper with shackles
Cons: had it a few months and already rusting above the 2" reciever.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: You get what you pay for. Already rusting above the reciever, and on both ends. Hasnot even been off road yet! Thickness not as stated!

78treehugger
78treehugger's Reviews

06-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Pros: Came with shackles.
Cons: Painted, incorrect thickness advertised.
Recommended? No

Comments: I ordered this bumper because it said it was made from 1/4" thick steel and was powder coated black. When I recieved it I was amazed at how weak it appeared. The 1/4" thickness must be measured with the paint on and a broken tape measure. The steel body of the bumper is just shy of 3/16" with paint. It is not powder coated, it's painted. After the first trip through the woods I noticed the back passenger side corner was showing bare metal. A large section. I had my wife and 3 yr old son with me for the first run after the bumper installment. I know I didn't hit anything hard and there were no rocks anywhere. The only thing I could think of was bumping into a tree or stump. I had to retap a mounting bolt hole because it wasn't tapped correctly. I couldn't thread the provided bolt in even before installation. I am extremely unhappy with this product. This is the 3rd Pro Comp product I have bought and it will be the last.

ptwelve
ptwelve's Reviews

03-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Price: $75.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great for the price, plenty strong for me. Much beefier than stock, has D-ring brackets and 2" reciever for accessories with a 750lb tow rating.

taquito971
taquito971's Reviews

03-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Price: $110.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The trailer hitch portion isn't very good. Other than that it's a simple cheap bumper. Better than the chrome bumperettes.

ScottHarr_TJ

ScottHarr_TJ's Reviews

10-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Price: $110.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: same as the front one. its strong with two shackels and it was a cheap mod. but a very good mod also

RobsYJeep
RobsYJeep's Reviews

10-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: still waitin on delivery, UPS guy must hate me cuz he always takes so long to get to my place

SimonsTJ

SimonsTJ's Reviews

09-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Pros: Cheap, sturdy bumper
Cons: tricky install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was able to install on my 97 TJ without drilling any holes. Some of the hardware was missing so i upgraded to grade 8. difficult to get at the bolts behind the gas tank skid