Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > nates4x4 Winch bumper model 2

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

nates4x4 Winch bumper model 2 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

nates4x4 Winch bumper model 2

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $400.00
Average Price: $309.40
Manufacturer: nates4x4
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 3

Here is a product designed with recovery in mind! It is a Jeep Wrangler winch bumper. Constructed out of heavy 3/16 and 1/4 plate, this bumper will give your jeep that one-of-a-kind look while functioning as a valuable recovery tool! It comes standard as pictured:

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

KI2D28
KI2D28's Reviews

07-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Good look, strong easy install
Cons: No instrictions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased after a close friend installed his. I like the look and the fit for the front was easy and about 30 minutes. He has since added another spacer for the install for sway bar mount bolt clearance. Some people were drilling a new hole and some were removing the front mount bolt and letting the bumper itself provide pressure. I also purchased the rear swing with jerry can and hi lift.

jdenote
jdenote's Reviews

03-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Pros: Super Beefy, Easy to install, great cost!
Cons: Product is bare metal and needs a ton of prep prior to painting.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper arrived quickly and with everything that I added on. Overall, the welds were professional grade with minimal splatter. Everything lined up correctly and was easy to install. I had no issues with fit or installing the winch on it. Would highly recommend.

allstatejeeper
allstatejeeper's Reviews
07-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Price: $279.00
Pros: Everything. Dont waste your $$$ on a name brand one. Better welds, solid product. Heavy duty
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: See above. Best bumper out there. Heavy f'n duty. Plus made in the USA

panathinaikos55

panathinaikos55's Reviews
03-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Pros: Solid... Strong Welds... discount for pickup.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great for the money. Built well, and solid. Included D-rings and lights tabs for the same price. I chose to pick it up, and he offered me a cash discount. Would recommend, and buy more products from him.

Cal's TJ
Cal's TJ's Reviews

09-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Pros: None
Cons: Never received product
Recommended? No

Comments: I ordered this bumper in January 2009 while deployed for military; still have not received the bumper, September 2009. I tried to call and e-mail but he does not return e-mails and his voice mail is always full. I have tried to get my money back from him but he will not answer any correspondence. I hope that others read this so that they too don't get ripped off and lose hard earned money.

bengal-tx
bengal-tx's Reviews

05-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Pros: ok, product
Cons: bad customer service. does not answer emails or calls.
Recommended? No

Comments: the product is ok for the money, but it is not worth the hassel. the guy lies and does not fullfill complete orders.
whenever you get a lucky chance to speak to him he makes promises and does not keep his word. he promised me to ship out some items he forgot to send out that day i spoke to him. i waited like an idiot for two weeks, it has been three months and nothing yet.
"buyer beware"

chedisme
chedisme's Reviews

02-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Pros: bumper is ok quality, but needs cleaning up
Cons: nate doesn't care if he fills your order.
Recommended? No

Comments: I paid for my bumper October 7th 2008. It took almost 3 months to get the bumper its self. I understand nates4x4 is pretty much a one man operation and it takes time to fill orders, I wasn't upset about that. I paid for the grade 8 hardware to mount the bumper, and still have not received it! today is feb 26th 2009, almost 21 weeks since I placed my order! I have emailed Nate 20-30 times regarding this and on the off chance he does reply, he just gives me excuses. nate has claimed that that my order will ship out tomorrow 3-4 times in the past 2 months.
I am so mad that I chose to save 100$ and go with a bumper I didnt like as much cause the price was better. I would have much rather spent the extra money and gotten something nicer and have had it on my jeep for a few months now.

oh and there was a good deal of splatter from the welds I had to sand/grind off, and the 2"receiver is mounted slightly crooked.

brunosplace

brunosplace's Reviews

05-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Beefy, great fit, looks good, Nate even did some customizing work to it for me before I picked it up.

Islidur

Islidur's Reviews

04-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Price: $315.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks good, but needs a lot of work to clean up welds

misiek
misiek's Reviews

03-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Dont have the winch mount on the bumper but still a sick and strong bumper

iceman123187
iceman123187's Reviews

03-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice bumpers

barry1me

barry1me's Reviews

02-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Price: $299.99
Pros: Great price, great looking bumper
Cons: make sure you have it sand blasted, check bolt holes
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great bumper, especially for the cost. This bumper compares to many of the high end bumpers that are twice as much. I recomend having it sandblasted at nates before he sends it out to you. He sends the bumper with a thin primer coat, that is how much cost is saved by not powder coating it. I had mine linex-d in Toledo, OH. I would suggest before you paint it, powder coat it, or bed line it to align the bumper up on the frame and make sure all the bolt holes line up. My bumper actually went over the sway bar mount bolt. I called Nate and he told me to remove the front sway bar bolt, drill an extra hole in the bumper and run a bolt through the bumper and through the sway bar mount. I did and it looks great. Lead time is about 2-4 weeks depending on any custom work done. Overall I am very pleased with it, I will give more feedback once I use the winch a few times with it.