User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Nates's XJ winch bumper

Bestop Replace-A-Top - Promo Code Black Friday/Cyber Monday SalesCYBER MONDAY EXTENDED at ExtremeTerrain! Nates's XJ winch bumper Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  CB & Ham Radios
  Axle Shafts
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Throttle Body
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product Nates's XJ winch bumper

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: |

Product Information

MSRP: $370.00
Average Price: $315.00
Yes: 4 / No: 2

A heavy-duty 1/4" thick winch plate and frame tie-in brackets make this bumper well-suited for recovery.
Available Options:
2" Receiver Hitch
Brush Guard
D-Ring tabs
3/4" Clevis
Grade 8 Hardware Kit
Light tabs

Login or Register to Add Review

barflyfisherman's Reviews
09-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Great look Awesome price
Cons: He is as slow as $%^ in fabricating the bumpers He does not know how to answer email Great product - crappy businessman!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought Nate's new recessed winch bumper. I then made a few mod's to it.

I welded a piece of expanded steel mesh in the center area, to fill in the brush guard. I then welded some light tabs on the brush guard, so that a pair of Hella 550FF fog lights could hang behind the screen. I covered the lights with Hella's clear snap on lens covers to protect them from rocks. Now they won't break for nuthin!

I like the recessed design, as I can still access the manual controls of the winch if necessary, or run a blender or give a jump start without opening the hood! It also protects the wench from road splash, keeping her breasts clean!

chedisme's Reviews

02-26-2009, 02:22 PM Nates's XJ winch bumper
Pros: bumper is ok quality, but needs cleaning up
Cons: nate doesn't care if he fills your order.
Recommended? No

Comments: I paid for my bumper October 7th 2008. It took almost 3 months to get the bumper its self. I understand nates4x4 is pretty much a one man operation and it takes time to fill orders, I wasn't upset about that. I paid for the grade 8 hardware to mount the bumper, and still have not received it! today is feb 26th 2009, almost 21 weeks since I placed my order! I have emailed Nate 20-30 times regarding this and on the off chance he does reply, he just gives me excuses. nate has claimed that that my order will ship out tomorrow 3-4 times in the past 2 months.
I am so mad that I chose to save 100$ and go with a bumper I didnt like as much cause the price was better. I would have much rather spent the extra money and gotten something nicer and have had it on my jeep for a few months now.

oh and there was a good deal of splatter from the welds I had to sand/grind off, and the 2"receiver is mounted slightly crooked.

AJz2000XJ's Reviews

02-05-2009, 12:54 PM Nates's XJ winch bumper
Cons: No communication
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ordered a bumper on January 22, 2009 for my XJ and haven't heard anything from Nate yet about what's going on! I have submitted 2 emails and his voice mailbox is full! Not happy so far! I was thinking about upgrading to the winch bumper, having second thoughts, but can't even get in touch with him, so screw that!

DEET's Reviews

03-22-2008, 09:33 AM Nates's XJ winch bumper
Price: $125.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have a TJ rear bumper but iy's not on this site

BoonDoggy's Reviews

12-22-2007, 10:49 AM Nates's XJ winch bumper
Pros: Good Welds
Cons: Doesn't Fit, takes 2 mths to build, Nate's slow at returning calls
Recommended? No

Comments: Took almost 2 months to build and came without any of the 3 options I paid extra for and Nate sucks at returning emails and phone calls. THEN, when I'm installing I find out it doesn't fit. Man, I'm really mad now. The mounting plate is 1/4 inch off the crossmember and there's no way to get it closer. Buy a warn or you're gonna get taken. You want pictures? Drop me a note and I give you anything you want including a piece of crap bumper that DOES NOT FIT!!!

PhatJeeps's Reviews

08-04-2006, 09:36 PM Nates's XJ winch bumper
Price: $370.00
Pros: Top quality welds, custom look, side protection, good fitment
Cons: None to speak of.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nate is just awesome! Call him just about any time and he answers like a neighbor, not some corporate giant who could care less about you or your measly $370! He genuinely appreciates your business and his craftsmanship and quality of materials proves just that. It was a great pleasure to do business with Nate and I highly recommend his products. I've knocked down trees, used my T-Max winch to pull blazers and even trailers out of ditches and ponds, and much more! It's the best looking bumper and it costs a lot less than those "assembly line" products.

5 stars!