Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Nates4x4.com Nates's XJ winch bumper

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Nates4x4.com Nates's XJ winch bumper Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Nates4x4.com Nates's XJ winch bumper

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $370.00
Average Price: $315.00
Manufacturer: Nates4x4.com
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 2

A heavy-duty 1/4" thick winch plate and frame tie-in brackets make this bumper well-suited for recovery.
Available Options:
2" Receiver Hitch
Brush Guard
D-Ring tabs
3/4" Clevis
Grade 8 Hardware Kit
Light tabs

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

barflyfisherman
barflyfisherman's Reviews
09-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Great look Awesome price
Cons: He is as slow as $%^ in fabricating the bumpers He does not know how to answer email Great product - crappy businessman!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought Nate's new recessed winch bumper. I then made a few mod's to it.

I welded a piece of expanded steel mesh in the center area, to fill in the brush guard. I then welded some light tabs on the brush guard, so that a pair of Hella 550FF fog lights could hang behind the screen. I covered the lights with Hella's clear snap on lens covers to protect them from rocks. Now they won't break for nuthin!

I like the recessed design, as I can still access the manual controls of the winch if necessary, or run a blender or give a jump start without opening the hood! It also protects the wench from road splash, keeping her breasts clean!

chedisme
chedisme's Reviews

02-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Pros: bumper is ok quality, but needs cleaning up
Cons: nate doesn't care if he fills your order.
Recommended? No

Comments: I paid for my bumper October 7th 2008. It took almost 3 months to get the bumper its self. I understand nates4x4 is pretty much a one man operation and it takes time to fill orders, I wasn't upset about that. I paid for the grade 8 hardware to mount the bumper, and still have not received it! today is feb 26th 2009, almost 21 weeks since I placed my order! I have emailed Nate 20-30 times regarding this and on the off chance he does reply, he just gives me excuses. nate has claimed that that my order will ship out tomorrow 3-4 times in the past 2 months.
I am so mad that I chose to save 100$ and go with a bumper I didnt like as much cause the price was better. I would have much rather spent the extra money and gotten something nicer and have had it on my jeep for a few months now.

oh and there was a good deal of splatter from the welds I had to sand/grind off, and the 2"receiver is mounted slightly crooked.

AJz2000XJ
AJz2000XJ's Reviews

02-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Cons: No communication
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ordered a bumper on January 22, 2009 for my XJ and haven't heard anything from Nate yet about what's going on! I have submitted 2 emails and his voice mailbox is full! Not happy so far! I was thinking about upgrading to the winch bumper, having second thoughts, but can't even get in touch with him, so screw that!

DEET
DEET's Reviews

03-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Price: $125.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have a TJ rear bumper but iy's not on this site

BoonDoggy
BoonDoggy's Reviews

12-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Pros: Good Welds
Cons: Doesn't Fit, takes 2 mths to build, Nate's slow at returning calls
Recommended? No

Comments: Took almost 2 months to build and came without any of the 3 options I paid extra for and Nate sucks at returning emails and phone calls. THEN, when I'm installing I find out it doesn't fit. Man, I'm really mad now. The mounting plate is 1/4 inch off the crossmember and there's no way to get it closer. Buy a warn or you're gonna get taken. You want pictures? Drop me a note and I give you anything you want including a piece of crap bumper that DOES NOT FIT!!!

PhatJeeps
PhatJeeps's Reviews

08-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Price: $370.00
Pros: Top quality welds, custom look, side protection, good fitment
Cons: None to speak of.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nate is just awesome! Call him just about any time and he answers like a neighbor, not some corporate giant who could care less about you or your measly $370! He genuinely appreciates your business and his craftsmanship and quality of materials proves just that. It was a great pleasure to do business with Nate and I highly recommend his products. I've knocked down trees, used my T-Max winch to pull blazers and even trailers out of ditches and ponds, and much more! It's the best looking bumper and it costs a lot less than those "assembly line" products.

5 stars!