Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Nates 4x4 Winch Bumper model 1

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Nates 4x4 Winch Bumper model 1 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Nates 4x4 Winch Bumper model 1

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $325.00
Average Price: $224.40
Manufacturer: Nates 4x4
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 2

Winch bumper

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Ajamant
Ajamant's Reviews

12-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Price: $185.00
Pros: Price, stout
Cons: Minor finishing details
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have heard many comments on Nates poor customer service. Nate called me back 1 hour after first phone call and I had my bumper at my front door 6 days later for 185$. Can't beat the price anywhere for a stout integrated winch mount bumper with winch gaurd. Minor splatter around a few of the welds, but not a big deal. Comes in bare steel, painted hammered black. Overall very happy with product and very impressed with delivery time.

rybo

rybo's Reviews
10-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Price: $217.00
Pros: good built bumper, great price
Cons: had to paint
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this bumper for $217 shipped. Great bumper, good welds. Had to paint, decided to rattlecan it. Went in smoothly, all holes lined up.

DPaul
DPaul's Reviews

09-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Price: $235.00
Pros: I don't know, I never received the bumper
Cons: I don't know, I never received the bumper
Recommended? No

Comments: I paid Nate for the bumper June '09. I have never received a bumper after five months. I've made countless attempts to contact Nate via email and by phone, but they've gone unanswered. I would stay away from Nate.

thecleaner

thecleaner's Reviews

06-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Very tough, price, integrated winch plate
Cons: no customer service, "fit and finish"
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ordered and paid for my bumper on March 19. Finally came in June 9. The bumper itself is very stout. For the price, you can NOT get a stronger bumper.

The "fit and finish" (so to speak) was lacking on this bumper. There was quite a bit of splatter and ugly (strong, but ugly) welds. The main body of the bumper is 3 pieces of rectangular tubing. 2 of the three seams faced forward, requiring some filling to smooth the lines. At install, I had to ream out one mounting hole because it was a bit off.

Nate's customer service is non-existent. Your product will get to you, but you will wait.

All in all, I think I ended up with a very stout bumper at a price that can't be beat. I am very happy with the end product, it just took a bit of time to get there.

chedisme
chedisme's Reviews

02-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Pros: bumper is ok quality, but needs cleaning up
Cons: Nate doesn't care if he fills your order.
Recommended? No

Comments: I paid for my bumper October 7th 2008. It took almost 3 months to get the bumper its self. I understand nates4x4 is pretty much a one man operation and it takes time to fill orders, I wasn't upset about that. I paid for the grade 8 hardware to mount the bumper, and still have not received it! today is feb 26th 2009, almost 21 weeks since I placed my order! I have emailed Nate 20-30 times regarding this and on the off chance he does reply, he just gives me excuses. nate has claimed that that my order will ship out tomorrow 3-4 times in the past 2 months.
I am so mad that I chose to save 100$ and go with a bumper I didnt like as much cause the price was better. I would have much rather spent the extra money and gotten something nicer and have had it on my jeep for a few months now.

oh and there was a good deal of splatter from the welds I had to sand/grind off, and the 2"receiver is mounted slightly crooked.

Panici

(O|||||||O)
Panici's Reviews

07-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Pros: Strong, Inexpensive, Lots of options
Cons: None so far, except Nate can be difficult to deal with
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Strong, solid bumper.
Had problems with the rear bumper, but front one is mint.

MLJeeper

MLJeeper's Reviews

07-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Price: $325.00
Pros: Price design
Cons: no frame tie ins
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good bumper overall. Needs frame tie ins but they are easily made. Hes a little slow getting them made. He burns his holes instead of drilling and his pattern was off. I had to extend some of the holes and clean them up with a drill.