Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Nate's 4x4 Rear Bumper Hitch w/ Tire Carrier

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Nate's 4x4 Rear Bumper Hitch w/ Tire Carrier Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Nate's 4x4 Rear Bumper Hitch w/ Tire Carrier

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

Average Price: $436.91
Manufacturer: Nate's 4x4
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 4

We offer several styles of wrangler front and rear bumpers. From the cost-effective straight bumpers, to the more stylish bumpers featuring tweaked-back ends and beefy brush-guards. All d-ring brackets and trailer hitches are entirely thru-welded (they are welded to both the front and the back walls of the bumper for extra strength).

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

KI2D28
KI2D28's Reviews

07-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Price: $695.00
Pros: Great loo, added storage
Cons: Amount of prep work before paint with no option to pay for it to be finished, took over a month to deliver
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I decided to upgrade to the jerry can and Hi lift model. Cost an extra 300. I ordered the Front and Rear bumper a day apart. It took over a month to deliver. During the install the bottom tabs needed to be an 1/8th of an inch lower for direct fit and one needed to be a 1/2 outboard. I did not drop my fuel tan, had I it would have been a 1 hour install. I got everything but the right hand bottom mount bolt installed. Overall I am happy with this product.

osprey710
osprey710's Reviews
03-27-2013, 11:34 PM
Price: $360.00
Pros: Heavy duty
Cons: No stopper to prevent full swing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install was easy, except had to add spacers to passenger side mount. Very rugged, the hub is the size of a beer can. Had to weld rod on side of hub to prevent tire from swinging into side of quarter panel or someone else's vehicle.

jdenote
jdenote's Reviews

03-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Super beefy, looks awesome!
Cons: Requires a ton of prep work prior to painting.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bumper arrived quickly. All welds are solid. I did not have to drop my tank to fully install this bumper on my Jeep (99 TJ). Everything lined up and I also used frame tie-ins. The tire swing set-up is awesome. I have a 35 mounted on it and I have no rattles. I did have to tighten the latch assembly once after using a snatch strap. I shouldn't have looped it around the tire swing as well as the bumper. Should have just looped it around the bumper. I have had zero issues with this bumper and the tire swing.

Cambolicious
Cambolicious's Reviews

09-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Price: $341.44
Pros: Awesome sturdy product, it's built like a rock
Cons: None so far, it comes bare steel but I actually turned out liking that better so I can paint it myself
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After reading some of the reviews I had seen I was a little hesitant to purchase from nates 4x4, but after sending an email and a call that were both returned within a couple hours I felt a lot better. It didn't take near as long as a lot of other places had quoted me. From order date to my front porch it took 10 business days. Not bad at all for what I got for the price. Great product I would recommend to anyone who was in the market

06pumpkintj

06pumpkintj's Reviews
10-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Price: $275.00
Pros: Awesome for the price
Cons: Have to drop the tank to install it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Took a little longer than I wanted to get it but it's made to your specs so can't be to picky. This this is amazing I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. The only downside is your have to drop the tank to fully install it.

barflyfisherman
barflyfisherman's Reviews
09-03-2009, 07:21 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Holes aligned perfectly Great price & value
Cons: He is as slow a shi+ to build them! He can't work email worth a shi+! Dem are hevy!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good!

Took a while to get it all mounted & aligned properly. Required removal of the rear flares, as they interfered with the returns on the ends of the bumper.

Modified the tire carrier to allow for mounting of 5 gallon water, 5 gallon gas, and the THAAD rockets.

chedisme
chedisme's Reviews

02-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Pros: bumper is ok quality, but needs cleaning up
Cons: nate doesn't care if he fills your order.
Recommended? No

Comments: I paid for my bumper October 7th 2008. It took almost 3 months to get the bumper its self. I understand nates4x4 is pretty much a one man operation and it takes time to fill orders, I wasn't upset about that. I paid for the grade 8 hardware to mount the bumper, and still have not received it! today is feb 26th 2009, almost 21 weeks since I placed my order! I have emailed Nate 20-30 times regarding this and on the off chance he does reply, he just gives me excuses. nate has claimed that that my order will ship out tomorrow 3-4 times in the past 2 months.
I am so mad that I chose to save 100$ and go with a bumper I didnt like as much cause the price was better. I would have much rather spent the extra money and gotten something nicer and have had it on my jeep for a few months now.

oh and there was a good deal of splatter from the welds I had to sand/grind off, and the 2"receiver is mounted slightly crooked.

Panici

(O|||||||O)
Panici's Reviews

07-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Pros: Looks great, solid, takes a beating, inexpensive
Cons: Holes way off, Nate doesn't listen to customer's requests.
Recommended? No

Comments: Altogether a solid bumper.
-Holes were all off about a 1/4", and I had to reem them out. Let me tell you thats a PITA to do with 1/4" plate!

-I had asked Nate over the phone to not put towing chain points on my bumper, and he put them on anyways.

-When I tapped a tree backing up, the tire carrier deflected enough to dent/crease my tailgate. That means it had to deflect almost 5" to hit the tailgate. Not sure if that says anything about the swingout joint.

-The tire carrier is starting to rattle every so often, mostly on washboard type bumps.

BoonDoggy
BoonDoggy's Reviews

01-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Pros: looks cool, well designed(mostly), price
Cons: fit, service, despair, anxiety, anger
Recommended? No

Comments: Funny, quickest response I got from Nate to date. I only had issues with his inability to keep up with production and customer service. It took 6 weeks longer than promised and 3 weeks of one sided emails and phone calls before he responded with a story about a busted plasma cutter and a promise to deliver by weeks end. Three weeks later and many more one sided calls and email(all the while he had about $500 of my hard earned money) and it's delivered missing a CB ant tab, hi-lift jack mount and d-rings in addition to a damaged hinge cap. 3 more un-answered emails and follow-up phone calls with my patience running real thin Nate finally sends me the missing parts and he was very graicious enough to give me $60 to cover welding costs. Now I'm trying it on before spending $200 on powdercoat and whoa, only 2 of 10 bolt holes line up. At my wits end and feeling strong negative feelings I threatened to pass on my expeience to others if he didn't refund my money. Anyway, I bought frame tie-in brackets from BESRK, drilled out the 8 that didn't fit (plus 3 lug holes on the spare mount that were an 1/8" off) and although I'm not 100% confident with enlarged mounting holes, it does look sweet for the price. But did Nate bend over backwards? Ha! Oh, and he never did replace the damaged hinge cap. I have no problems telling the truth on this fella.

nates4x4
nates4x4's Reviews
12-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I normally don't get involved on the forums but would like to say that I have bent over backwards for this customer and received nothing but trouble and nasty emails over the past several months. All our products are subject to further fitment as clearly indicated on our website. And two days without a reply? Sorry guy but was having Christmas holiday with my family!

BoonDoggy
BoonDoggy's Reviews

12-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Pros: Awesome welds
Cons: Doesn't Fit, takes 2 mths to build, Nate's slow at returning calls
Recommended? No

Comments: Took almost 2 months to build and came without any of the 3 options I paid extra for and Nate sucks at returning emails and phone calls. THEN, when I'm installing I find out it doesn't fit. Man, I'm really mad now. The mounting plate is 1/4 inch off the crossmember and there's no way to get it closer. Buy a warn or you're gonna get taken. You want pictures? Drop me a note and I give you anything you want including a piece of crap bumper that DOES NOT FIT!!!