Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Mopar Off-Road Bumper

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Mopar Off-Road Bumper Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Mopar Off-Road Bumper

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $250.00
Average Price: $421.58
Manufacturer: Mopar
Recommended?
Yes: 13 / No: 1

These new Rock Crawler type high clearance bumpers are tough and heavily gusseted for strength and great style. The front bumper is fully impact tested to be compatible with your Jeep's airbag system.

Colored satin black, the front bumper is available with or without an integrated winch mount. It also includes license plate mount, pedestal mount fog lamp holes, and low-rise tubular grille guard. It allows for the use of the factory tow hooks. Optional Mopar fog lamps are available that include wiring harness and mount directly to the bumper.

The rear bumper is styled to match the front and includes 2 tow eyes. It is compatible with the Mopar Trailer Hitch and Mopar Rear Tow Hook.

The Jeep logo is laser cut into both bumpers. The satin black finish is E-Coated and Powercoated to meet the industry's toughest corrosion requirements.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

4xMike
4xMike's Reviews
06-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Very stout, keeps your winch from being stolen w/ its integrated plate, and looks awesome, haven't seen any in Chicago lol.
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's definitely well-built and heavy-duty. When I first installed it (which was the first bumper I've ever installed), I was also putting my winch on at the same time (another first), and didn't know that you had to have the bumper off the frame to install the winch. Which was nice because I knew that if some dirtbag ever wants to try to yank it off, he'll also have to tear off my bumper. But, over all, it looks great, and has given me a way better approach angle.

labbayk

labbayk's Reviews
10-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: clean polish, sturdy, well built
Cons: difficult to install in jk bolt grooves
Recommended? Yes

Comments: - winch drops right in
- includes cut outs for factory/after market fog lights
- sturdy bull bar
- breathing room for your radiator

whoano
whoano's Reviews
06-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Price: $560.00
Pros: Easy to install, directions were good, looks nice, IMHO best bumper for the price
Cons: wait for the bumper to show up at the dealership
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like the look and fit of this bumper. The only problem I had was the wait because of the nationwide back order. Easy to install for my wife and myself. Dropped a superwinch EPI 9.0 in at the same time, everything bolted up nicely without any special tools

houndman72

houndman72's Reviews
04-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: looks and works great!
Cons: mud can collect behind it easily. needs alot of cleaning than.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with the jeep when I bought it, but if you go mudding, it can collect ALOT of crap on the inside. Took me an hours to get it all out and clean, but works well when I had to pull and push someone.

J8Jeep
J8Jeep's Reviews
11-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Price: $549.00
Pros: Looks good.
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks good and does the job intended. Took a few hard knocks crawling over rocks and held up well.

OregonVette
OregonVette's Reviews
06-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Great upgrade over the plastic fascia oem junk
Cons: Heavy as a VW bus
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good purchase without a lot of the "not quite right" fitment issues of aftermarket stuff.

wmphoto
wmphoto's Reviews
01-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Stock Loook, Very heavy duty, better clearance, actuall bump stops, factory tow hooks, factory fog lamp holes, winch ready
Cons: ? Haven't found any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I wanted the factory look but wanted a strong steel bumper that I could both put a winch into and the factory fog lights... Well this one does both.

orofbrown
orofbrown's Reviews
03-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Pros: Looks great, protects great.
Cons: Susceptible to rust.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the '04 model and it came as a part of a dealer installed MOPAR group (77C), so I'm not actually sure how much it cost. It looks great, and offers excellent protection. I got hit head on at about 55 MPH in '08 and the bumper took the brunt of the hit, leaving little damage to the rest of the front end.

drozd_ws6
drozd_ws6's Reviews
12-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: looks cool
Cons: poor powder coat
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great look

EagleLaredo
EagleLaredo's Reviews
12-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Pros: Sharp Looks, Compliments Body accents from many angles.
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased this OEM Mopar Brush Guard for my YJ after resourcing a 1994 Mopar Accessories Catalog. I have since found many NOS Mopar Accessories, this being one of them. The guard was easy to install, and compliments the sheet metal of the YJ from many angles.

oj707
oj707's Reviews
10-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: powder coated, light mounts, winch mount. looks stock.
Cons: way too expensive for what it is. but hey i got it for free.
Recommended? No

Comments: its a nice looking bumper, and lights, and winches are easy to mount, yet its way too expensive for the amount of steel your actually buying. but hey, its mopar...

dmstumpf
dmstumpf's Reviews

11-24-2008, 01:32 AM
Mopar Off-Road Bumper
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good. Less intrusive than OEM and pretty sturdy. It was installed on the TJ when I bought it.

IceKnight

Ambitious but Rubbish
IceKnight's Reviews

11-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Mopar Off-Road Bumper
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mopar Rock Crawler Bumper...what can I say aside from thick, soild build, easy installation and looks great. Plus...$250...NEW gotta love that.

Evanyj350
Evanyj350's Reviews

05-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Mopar Off-Road Bumper
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Went with the front Mopar winch bumper only cause I got the dealer to throw it in at the end of the sale to make up for a few problems.