Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > MetalCloak - Frame-Built Bumper

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

MetalCloak - Frame-Built Bumper Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

MetalCloak - Frame-Built Bumper

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1.00
Average Price: $369.39
Manufacturer: MetalCloak
Recommended?
Yes: 27 / No: 1
Company Website: http://www.metalcloak.com/default.asp

MetalCloak Introduces the Frame-Built Modular Bumper System

Whether your rig is a rock crawler, bogger, desert runner, back woods explorer, highland adventurer, or slick boulevard cruiser, we have the perfect bumper for you.

How? Build Your Own Bumper.

With dozens of options already and more to come, there are literally hundreds of possible combinations to make YOUR bumper exactly how YOU need it.

And because every Trail-Tested Component is bolted on, you can always change, modify, or upgrade each component to make a new bumper for a new purpose.

And every bumper is FRAME-BUILT meaning that key components are bolted directly to the frame creating rugged strength and reliability.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Weelz
Weelz's Reviews
10-11-2010, 02:01 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: --Relatively lightweight (bumper base and some accessories are aluminum) --Highly customizable--you can "build it" (i.e., design it) the way you want it. --Ease of installation--really didn't even need the (pretty thorough) instructions, available online.
Cons: --It's not cheap.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All in all, I'd have to say the Frame Built Bumper is a very good product. I haven't had the chance to bash it on any rocks (or parking garage columns, yet), but based upon its ease of installation, customizability (if that's a word), looks (pretty cool, IMHO), and purported strength (it doesn't need a winch plate), I have to give it two thumbs up.

DallastheJeeper

DallastheJeeper's Reviews
09-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Looks mean, Well built and built in the U.S.A
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks mean, Well built and built in the U.S.A. I was easy to install and is rock hard. MetalCloak has the best customer service around. I will be a life customer of MetalCloak

jpiazz01
jpiazz01's Reviews
08-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Looks great, Easy install
Cons: Should come with sway bar lift plate that can be purchased for $20 for a 2x2" piece of metal
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Other than the stock sway bar deal this is a great bumper, metalcloak has great customer service.

brkeep

brkeep's Reviews
05-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Price: $413.00
Pros: Great price, and excellent customer service. Modular so you can design your own, there are hundreds of combinations.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installation was simple and straight forward, instructions were very detailed and included a lot of pictures. My bumper looks fantastic, my friend who was skeptical about it saw it on my Jeep and wants one now. They are built very tight so you have to be patient while installing them. It took me an hour for the first 24 bolts and 45 minutes for the last 8 to mount it. They are a very easy company to deal with, Matson there always answers his phone and has an answer to your question. Can't wait to buy my fenders, rockers and corners from them.

vonhef
vonhef's Reviews
03-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Very many option in design
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I chose this bumper with an aluminum base. Since I was adding a winch at the same time. This base saved me about 30 pounds to the total installation.

UltimateCC
UltimateCC's Reviews
12-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: Upgradeable, customizable, durable as hell
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent product, very well designed

diablo_331

diablo_331's Reviews

12-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: MetalCloak/Rev111 quality! Great price! Excellent customer service
Cons: ummmm..nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have it and I love it! I'll be adding a stinger/hood guard as soon as it is released.

UltimateCC
UltimateCC's Reviews
11-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Extremely customization Excellent quality
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hands down one of the best bumpers available for your wrangler. So many options to fit your needs and grow with your as you continue to modify you jeep to your liking.

Page 2 of 2 1 2