Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > MetalCloak - Frame-Built Bumper

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

MetalCloak - Frame-Built Bumper Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

MetalCloak - Frame-Built Bumper

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1.00
Average Price: $369.39
Manufacturer: MetalCloak
Recommended?
Yes: 27 / No: 1
Company Website: http://www.metalcloak.com/default.asp

MetalCloak Introduces the Frame-Built Modular Bumper System

Whether your rig is a rock crawler, bogger, desert runner, back woods explorer, highland adventurer, or slick boulevard cruiser, we have the perfect bumper for you.

How? Build Your Own Bumper.

With dozens of options already and more to come, there are literally hundreds of possible combinations to make YOUR bumper exactly how YOU need it.

And because every Trail-Tested Component is bolted on, you can always change, modify, or upgrade each component to make a new bumper for a new purpose.

And every bumper is FRAME-BUILT meaning that key components are bolted directly to the frame creating rugged strength and reliability.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

DoughBro

Tonka Tuff
DoughBro's Reviews
03-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Price: $159.00
Pros: sweet powder coat hugely cusomizable very well built
Cons: Harder than I thought to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this when they did the special with stubby endcaps and powdercoat. they are the best packagers I have ever dealt with. everything has about 5 layers of bubble rap on it. Since its all one piece it was rolled a little to much and I had to open it up a little to get it on the frame scrapping off a little powdercoat where it doesn't really matter.

sjones26573

Au revoir, gopher.
sjones26573's Reviews
08-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Price: $354.45
Pros: Light, strong, good approach angle, narrow.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product. Will add on a few accessories as the build progresses.

14chavez
14chavez's Reviews
08-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Custom built. Original.
Cons: Didn't line up at first
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The look of them is great. You can build it how you like and how you want it. Plus you can slowly build it up and don't have to pay so much at once.

Offroaddaddy
Offroaddaddy's Reviews
12-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Solid, functional, good looking,....like me!
Cons: Everything is expensive in Canada, but this product is worth the price.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Visit their website, many options, well built, solid, sweet looking

MSrubiconJK
MSrubiconJK's Reviews
12-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Very good looking. Very great design. Very good looking.
Cons: very difficult to put on. Lots of cutting required. Very expensive.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was the first mod that I did myself(aside from wheel spacers which don't count) and it took a very late night and most of the next day. Lots of stuff to move around and very difficult to get pieces to fit together. It does look amazing and is extremely strong. I can wiggle the whole car by tugging and pulling on the bumper. It is on their very tight! The customer service is amazing.

turbonusse2

turbonusse2's Reviews
10-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: thick metal and a good product
Cons: takes time to drill the holes so they line up and if you have a winch it goes on before the bumper is installed and this could make the installation awkward
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i got the bumper and put it on. took some time do grill the holes and make sure everything was lined up. metalcloak uses thick metal with their powder coat and this bumper not only looks good but feels solid on the frame. the build in winch mount and all the add-ons that you can get there is a custom bumper that you can design. they have great customer service and i would not hesitate to buy this again.

GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
GMBNT42's Reviews
09-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Rugged! Can cut a man's legs in half at speed!
Cons: Can't fit a sexy BBW and my winch on it at the same time!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well built no frills, no bull**** product. Very reasonable price. Great customer service!

JR_Rubi_Red_JK

JR_Rubi_Red_JK's Reviews
06-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Price: $850.00
Pros: Extremely Strong, Well Built, Modular, nice finish
Cons: Installation instructions were a little hard to follow and we recommended some clarifications to MetalCloak.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ordered the MetalCloak Frame - Built Bumper with recessed winch, 60 Inch End Caps with Lights and Bull Bar. MC was swamped with orders, but still moved it ahead so that I'd have it in time for an upcomming trip. They were great to work with and communication was great.

With the frame built design, you attach it in layers which creates a very strong and very thick front layer to the bumper. Also, under the bumper face, it slopes down toward the front diff which creates a bit of an air dam effect. The benefit of this, is that I have not yet experienced any of the hood flutter which many on this forum have reported after installing after market bumpers.

I'm impressed with this bumper and its quality.

CloakedLJ

CloakedLJ's Reviews
03-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Pros: Options! installation was easy
Cons: No provision for mounting stock driving lights.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Instalation was a breeze, it really did just bolt on. Metalcloak"s instructions are fantastic! Lots of pictures and the descriptions are very detailed. Did I mention that the bumper has options? lol Finish of the base,endcaps winch guard are fantastic and the welds are beautiful! I purchased the aluminum base, winch guard with anchor points, aluminum fixed fairlead, licence plate bracket, sway bar kit, and 52" slider end caps. Base price was $159 and the total for all the options I chose was $519

lilbigman94
lilbigman94's Reviews
12-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Awesome
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install
Best all around product
You build it so you pick what you want on it and what u dont

ColdWeatherTJ
ColdWeatherTJ's Reviews
12-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Price: $139.00
Pros: strong, east to install, light
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ordered the aluminum base, the stubby caps, and the winch protector with shackle tabs. The entire bumper was very easy to assemble and install.

chopperkid2000

chopperkid2000's Reviews
11-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Price: $479.00
Pros: Looks Kewl. Modular.
Cons: Doesn't fit for Sh*T
Recommended? No

Comments: I have to drill out 6 - 12 being holes being it's modular- to get this thing to line up.. It's really beacause the stock sway bar mounts don't match to the bumper. If I get the sway bar mounts to line up the bumper doesn't or vice versa. A real pain in the butt. I was going to buy the OR fab.

Let me restate what I said before. If you don't mind redrilling all the frame mount holes, this bumper is fine. I can't say I would recommend or not recommend. If you want something you can bolt on this bumper is not for you.

dwbrown

dwbrown's Reviews
10-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Lightweight
Cons: Bolts, so many of them
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this on impulse and I love it. The bumper is lightweight and of high quality. I was worried that the fact that it is aluminum the winch bolts would rip through the base Several heavy winching sessions later and it has not happened yet. There are a lot of bolts to hold everything on. Make sure you use the washers on the aluminum base or else they will dig their way into the base.

bmosing

bmosing's Reviews
10-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Price: $266.53
Pros: customized, strong, looks great, best customer service in the industry
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Bumper! The ability to customize what options you want on it allows you to build exactly what you want. Install was easy. I had one problem with my instructions but cleared it up with the guys at Metalcloak and they were a pleasure to deal with.

SpcRodeo
SpcRodeo's Reviews
07-25-2011, 04:13 AM
Price: $134.00
Pros: frame built
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice simple frame built bumper. ton of styles to choose from. built in winch plate.

CJ7crawler21

CJ7crawler21's Reviews
04-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: I like the ablity to put on the bumper what i please and built it up at my own place based on the money that i had. Instead of dumping hundreds into one all pre built.
Cons: Havent really found a con yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper is a great bumper for being all bolt on and no welds. i have pulled on the D rings many times and hit a few trees and rocks with the winch gaurd. All in all the bumper is still intact and working.

sky123003
sky123003's Reviews
04-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Pros: Bolt on install and very versatile. Solid! They are based in Sacramento so I saved over $100 on shipping driving there to get it right from there home front.
Cons: Needs a bit of elbow grease to put in. Would cost alot on shipping and it's not carried by my local 4 wheel parts store.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the idea that I can change the parts when I want starting from the base.
It's solid and gives it an aggressive look. Needed to be worked into place but I guess that just assures me that it's a tight fit. If you live in northern California you can save on shipping by driving to the Sacramento area and getting them.

cjlinn

cjlinn's Reviews
03-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Pros: Sturdy, Slim Profile, Aircraft Grade Aluminum
Cons: Lots of "Cosmetic Bolts"
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The bumper is beautiful. I ordered aircraft grade aluminum base to save for weight and am impressed. It's durable and sturdy and light. The bumper could be put together by someone with a little mechanical skill. I still checked out the website to be safe and found it to be confusing. When I made the initial order all my parts didn't come. The stock sway bar kit anyways, called them had it the next day. Superb quality, product was on sale and made it affordable. Can't wait to get their front fenders.

_Kevin

_Kevin's Reviews
01-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Pros: Installation is fairly easy, it's fairly light (aluminum base), a good price, it's a winch plate, and ofcourse the king of all pros... IT'S MODULAR
Cons: It make other jeeps jealous because their drivers don't buy them nice things as well
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome product. The base is very simple, but also acts as a winch plate, and ofcourse as the platform in which you can easily customize your own bumper, no fabrication skills required. I've currently got the full/hi-mount stinger and grill guard, fairlead mount, and light bar on my aluminum base, and I honestly couldn't really be happier. I haven't gotten a chance to test it out to see how tough it is yet, but it certainly seems up to the challenge

greenglazier
greenglazier's Reviews
12-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: strong, great recovery points,easy to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its a great product everything expected from a great company like metalcloak i bought the aluminum frame-built bumper with steel end caps and its grat really easy to install

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last