Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > M.O.R.E. Enterprises M.O.R.E High Clearance Bumper

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

M.O.R.E. Enterprises M.O.R.E High Clearance Bumper Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

M.O.R.E. Enterprises M.O.R.E High Clearance Bumper

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $540.00
Average Price: $500.98
Manufacturer: M.O.R.E. Enterprises
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 2

MORE Hi-Clearance RockProof Bumper for Jeep Wrangler

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

wwjbd
wwjbd's Reviews

08-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Unique look, well built.
Cons: Dealing with MORE
Recommended? No

Comments: Should have read the reviews on MORE before purchasing.
Called MORE to make sure that bumper could be purchased with recovery points unwelded so I could relocate them to work with a tow bar, Also to make sure cut out would work with a Warn Zenon winch. Was assured by them it wouldn't be a problem and winch would fit.
Turned out to be a waste of a phone call.
Bumper arrived fully welded and opening is to small for the winch.
After deconstruction and reassembly I can say bumper is well built but welds require some attention before it goes to powder coating.
I'll make sure to check reviews before purchasing from an unknown supplier in the future.

Scoundrel70
Scoundrel70's Reviews
07-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Price: $415.00
Pros: ENcloses winch nicely from snow and salt spray, easy to add grill hoops and winch bars, decent strength, good approach angles, looks good.
Cons: Attaches to frame by brackets rather than directly mounted, winch box fills in with debris
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy instal, seems to have enough strength when pushing against obstacles, winching, etc. shackle tabs seen a little thin, but no bending so far. I really like how the bumper comes back to the grill, and the winch is recessed and protected. It does tend to fill up with snow and debris, so a cover that attaches to the winch opening in the bumper top is a good idea. I modified mine with a winch bar and grill hoop from Jeep Tubes. You will need to drill holes or add tabs for lights, but there is plenty of room to do so.

jetter

jetter's Reviews

03-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Price: $499.95
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Does the job and looks good doing it.

The MM hydraulic winch does not fit this bumper without modification. I did discuss the dimensions with M.O.R.E. before I bought it and expected it would be a tight fit, if at all. The mod consisted of drilling new winch mount holes, cutting & welding to move the fairlead slot & mounting holes, and cutting 1/4" off the front top inside lip of winch mount area.

ahewy
ahewy's Reviews

11-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Price: $540.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: have not put a winch on but it has been used to push a few trees out of the way and stuff like that and held up great. very happy.

RubiCrawler_LJ
RubiCrawler_LJ's Reviews

08-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Price: $499.95
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very stout bumper. Really like the added coverage for the fenders withour compromising the approach angle.

rnemovr

Have Cummins, Will tow.
rnemovr's Reviews
04-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: wow thats crazy, by chance did you get any pics of the bumper they sent?

Zoom By You

Zoom By You's Reviews

04-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Pros: Not much
Cons: Winch didn't fit in bumper; bumper didn't fit on Jeep
Recommended? No

Comments: I received my M.O.R.E High Clearance Bumper and it does NOT work with a Superwinch EPi9.0; although*their website clearly states it works with Superwinch.* I even took the time to call the manufacturer prior to ordering the bumper from 4WD.com and they said, "no problem it will fit."*

When I received the new bumper, I figured I would test fit it to the Jeep prior to getting it powder coated, which was a good decision because when I tried to put the winch into the tray, it did not fit correctly.* It was too tight a fit with the mounting holes being way off, and the fairlead opening was not centered to the winch.* When I called the manufacturer they didn't have a clue there was a problem, which shows how little research they actually do on proper fit.* Alan Ball (the owner) seemed confused and uninformed what a EPi9.0 actually was, so I sent him a cut-sheet for the winch.* You would think that if you're in the business of selling bumpers, that are designed to internally integrate with a winch, you should be aware of ALL applications prior to making blanket statements (which are still being made) and wasting peoples time.

When I finally reached Alan again, he said he would redesign all his bumpers, because he wants to have a "one size fits all" unit.* Well, I waited weeks and a second unit finally showed up....It too did NOT fit.* Even with exact measurements, they failed to come up with a working unit.* This time, they enlarged the tray, so my winch would fit within the tray but they neglected to take in account that now with a bigger tray, it would interfere with the stock sway-bar, so mounting the bumper on the Jeep was impossible.* When I contacted Alan he said he had a "brain fart" and apologized but then proceeded to nicely blow me off, offering no real solution besides telling me to ship it back. He was too busy getting ready for the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, Utah....

I would also like to comment on the packaging and build quality of this unit.* I feel they could have done a better job of sanding the sharp edges down and filling in the gaps on the less than perfect clevis tab welding beads, which by the way seem weak, being that they are only 1/2 inch clevis tabs compared to industry standard of one inch.* This unit certainly doesn't come ready to paint.* The box that this unit was shipped in, was made of the lightest cardboard imaginable, stuffed with old newspapers and oily old cardboard, very unprofessional.

Customer service is a joke, the engineering department (if they even have one) is inept and the bumpers themselves are rough and incomplete in appearance.* It seems this company is trying to make a "one size fits all" kind of product, which is understandable in terms of profit but may not fly, especially in light of all the different winch configurations out there.* At the very least, they should post a cut-sheet of their products online, with accurate dimensions, so customers can determine for themselves, whether or not their unit will fit.* It's sad that the manufacturer is unwilling or more likely, incapable of determining what winch will actually fit within their bumpers, without a customer having to go through all that I did....This was a total waste of MY time; AVOID this product!

I bought a Hanson....so should you!