Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > LoD Offroad Xtreme Duty Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

LoD Offroad Xtreme Duty Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

LoD Offroad Xtreme Duty Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,399.00
Average Price: $514.32
Manufacturer: LoD Offroad
Recommended?
Yes: 26 / No: 1

These bumpers are built to withstand the harshest conditions that today's off-road enthusiasts can put them through. This bumper/tire-carrier features 3/16" thick steel, a 1-1/4" greasable hinge pin fully welded into the bottom bumper and an innovative heavy-duty self-latching slam latch with a stainless steel 5/8 steel locking pin.

The bumper comes equipped with two (2) CNC laser cut clevis mounts that are fully welded to withstand the off-road punishment. The A-Frame tire carrier is fully adjustable to accommodate wheels with different backspacing. The LoD Xtreme bumpers come with a 2 Receiver integrated into the center of the bumper with gussets welded to the back for extra bracing and trailer safety chains. Fully POWDER COATED black for a long lasting, durable finish. Each LoD Xtreme Duty Bumper/Tire Carrier mounts to existing holes on the bottom of the frame and also to the cross member on the back of the frame for a very secure fit. All bolts are included except for the bottom two bolts of the frame due to varying sizes. Some drilling is required on TJ model Jeeps.

Features
LoD Xtreme Duty Tire Carrier
1. Integrated Reciever Hitch
2. 1-1/4" Greasable Hinge Pin!!
3. 3/16" Wall Steel Bumper
4. High Lift Jack Mount
5. Stainless Latch Mount
6. POWDER COATED
7. Safety Chain Mounts
8. Easy Installation
9. MADE IN THE USA!!!

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Y2KWRANGLER

Y2KWRANGLER's Reviews

07-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Pros: Strong, Looks Great. Easy Installation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love it. Great for the price. Towed my tent trailer without any problems. Bought a front winch mount shorty to match.

tjwoo

tjwoo's Reviews

07-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Pros: Solid, great paintjob, looks great, easy installation
Cons: Need a body lift to clear .2" of the black plastic on tailgate, opening mechanism
Recommended? Yes

Comments: On my 06 tj, the plastic cover on my OEM tailgate catches on top of the carrier hinger. It's very minimal, I could probably just file the plastic down a bit but If i had a body lift, It'd fit perfectly. The opening latch mechanism (T-style pulling to the left) doesn't suit me. It's a very solid latch, but is a little pain to use.

Other than those very minor points, it's a very solid, great product. Ordered and shipped within 2.5 weeks.

smartshot
Web Wheeler
smartshot's Reviews

03-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Pros: Tough, shackle tabs, 2" rec, very sturdy (when using the reinforcing brackets), great cos. service
Cons: High lift mount, come on guys you can do better.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Besides the high lift mount wonderful carrier.

JFrank1968
JFrank1968's Reviews

12-19-2006, 07:11 AM
Pros: Nicely finished, looks great, solid construction, easy installation, price can't be beat.
Cons: Hi-jack mount could be better
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall, a great bumper and tire carrier. I was surprised at how fast mine was shipped (It was at my house 12 days after I ordered it.) The only thing I don't like is the mount for the Hi-jack. You have to remove the base and mount it vertically. Also, there weren't any instructions shipped with the bumper and carrier. For the price and the product, it can't be beat.

tcestes
tcestes's Reviews

10-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Pros: Quality Powder Coat, Tuff, Price
Cons: Method to mount to bumper could be better
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I don't have the tire carrier, but I have the heavy duty LoD rear bumper, and I'm impressed with it. It looks to be very strongly made and looks very good. Powder coating looks good too. Only negs are the long wait time, but worth it for the price. And it was a pain in the butt for me, to drill the holes in the crossmember to mount it. Seems like they could provide a template or something, at least some instructions, to make that part easier.

SeanCucf

SeanCucf's Reviews

08-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Pros: good price, sturdy,
Cons: rusty when received(stored outside!?!), mediocre(SP?) powdercoat/prep
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Although I do like the bumper overall, I have to admit I was somewhat disappointed in the finish. The edges are not symetrically ground down and the powdercoat has been poor since day 1. Packing foam has been inbedded in the finish from day one. In LoD's defense, I never really complained other than to say it was not the best I've seen. I never asked for it to be redone(cause the 5-6week wait would have been unaccepatable). Other than that it is sturdy and has performed it's duty perfectly. I regularly pull 2000lbs (2 seadoos; 2000 GTX and 2005 RXP) 20 minutes to the beach and launch from a sandy beach. It also has been used to pull MULTIPLE vehicles off the beach from cars/minivans to full size P/U's (not gently either!). I would certainly buy this bumper again because the price and performance are perfect. Only the finish is suspect, BUT IT IS A JEEP and I do USE IT. BUY ONE YOU WON'T BE SORRY!

ginsy
ginsy's Reviews

08-12-2006, 01:06 AM
Price: $460.00
Pros: Nice powder coat, heavy construction, well designed hitch and swing out carrier.
Cons: the hi-lift mount leaves a lot to be desired
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall this product is very good. It is strong durable, comes with backing plates and mounting screws for it. It is adjustable so it can fit up to a 37 inch spare. And i do love the way it looks. With its very nice powder coat. I do love everything about it, except for the hi-lift mount. they have a mount on there so it is mounted verticle... i dont like that, and it is a tight fit where they have it. so i am going to make a bracket for the top ot it so i can put it on horizontally, that will also allow me to fit in the garage again.

very nice product

Page 2 of 2 1 2