Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > LoD Offroad Xtreme Duty Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Jeep JK Wrangler NEW Heat Reducing Performance Vented HoodARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

LoD Offroad Xtreme Duty Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

LoD Offroad Xtreme Duty Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,399.00
Average Price: $515.11
Manufacturer: LoD Offroad
Recommended?
Yes: 25 / No: 1

These bumpers are built to withstand the harshest conditions that today's off-road enthusiasts can put them through. This bumper/tire-carrier features 3/16" thick steel, a 1-1/4" greasable hinge pin fully welded into the bottom bumper and an innovative heavy-duty self-latching slam latch with a stainless steel 5/8 steel locking pin.

The bumper comes equipped with two (2) CNC laser cut clevis mounts that are fully welded to withstand the off-road punishment. The A-Frame tire carrier is fully adjustable to accommodate wheels with different backspacing. The LoD Xtreme bumpers come with a 2 Receiver integrated into the center of the bumper with gussets welded to the back for extra bracing and trailer safety chains. Fully POWDER COATED black for a long lasting, durable finish. Each LoD Xtreme Duty Bumper/Tire Carrier mounts to existing holes on the bottom of the frame and also to the cross member on the back of the frame for a very secure fit. All bolts are included except for the bottom two bolts of the frame due to varying sizes. Some drilling is required on TJ model Jeeps.

Features
LoD Xtreme Duty Tire Carrier
1. Integrated Reciever Hitch
2. 1-1/4" Greasable Hinge Pin!!
3. 3/16" Wall Steel Bumper
4. High Lift Jack Mount
5. Stainless Latch Mount
6. POWDER COATED
7. Safety Chain Mounts
8. Easy Installation
9. MADE IN THE USA!!!

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

jellojeeper
jellojeeper's Reviews
05-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Strong
Cons: Tire carrier wabbles
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This rear bumper is very strong. however, If you don't grease the fitting often it gets stiff fast. The carrier also wabbles.

jjhardy
jjhardy's Reviews

01-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Heavy Duty, clevis mounts, receiver hitch. Great product.
Cons: Latch requires greasing, monthly.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After 4 years of casual use (purchased 2007), the welded pin holding my tire carrier has failed. I called the company to inquire about this and they are aware. I was told that the pin is possible rusted. He explained that since then, the design of the pin has changed. I asked for a discount on a new bumper/tire carrier and he agreed. However, I wasn't in front of the computer at the time so, I sent them an email about 2 weeks later (today) asking for a quote for a 2006 Jeep TJ/LJ Xpedition Series Bumper/Tire Carrier w/ Trail Rack & Jerry Can Mounts. We'll see....

Other than that, The product served me well.

mike_dippert

hodophobic
mike_dippert's Reviews

10-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Strong, clevis mounts, hitch receiver.
Cons: see comments below.
Recommended? No

Comments: Bought in 2007. My first aftermarket bumper. I was disappointed the mounting holes were inboard of the frame rails so I couldn't use frame tie-ins. The tire carrier got stiff to open after 1 winter, no matter how much grease I put on it. If a rubber bumper on the tailgate is not pressed against the carrier (there's a tab for it), it will squeak going down the road.

I sold it for a Bestop carrier and a LoD bumper w/o the carrier.

xMFOxJester
xMFOxJester's Reviews
09-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Excellent construction and welds. Great powder coat finish. Great receiver hitch (I've towed an 18' Center console with it without a problem)
Cons: The latch is a little finicky and hard to open sometimes. It's also the only place the bumper has started to rust (I've had it for about 5 years)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I picked this rear bumper and tire carrier up a couple years ago because I wanted to fit a full size 33" spare on the back on my Jeep. I have to say I am very impressed with the craftsmanship of the bumper. The welds are neat and the powder coat has been durable. I kept the Jeep out at the beach with the salty air for about 3 years and haven't had a single issue with it. The receiver hitch is also very durable. I have towed my 18' center console fishing boat with it without any issues. Installation was pretty easy. Actually I think getting the stock bumper off was harder than installing the new one.

The only thing that I have issues with is the latch system. It gets stuck and requires some force to open sometimes. I've spray it with lithium grease every now and then and it seems to do the trick for a little while. It's also the only place on the bumper that has started to rust. Since the latch rubs the powder coat when it closes, it scrapped it to the metal.

I will probably be picking up an LoD front bumper in the near future.

2ACR

That's Right I Support
2ACR's Reviews
01-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Solid bumper with a great tire carrier. It was a gift
Cons: There is no way to mount it to the frame with out modifications. It wasn't fun to put on alone.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the bumper. I think it will last for a long time. The only thing I would like to change is how the bumper mounts to the crossmember. If it mounted in the Factory location I could use almost any brand frame tie in kit to add some needed strength.

Welds are a cheap and easy fix as long as I don't need to take it off any time soon.

jeepinmichguy_

I haz ah Geep
jeepinmichguy_'s Reviews
01-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Inexpensive, great quality, no rattles.
Cons: grade 5 hardware, long wait
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased this rear swing out on a whim for the YJ. I couldnt be happier and am going to put another one of these on my TJ. Solidly built, clean look, clevis mounts standard, but best of all no rattles!!! These guys are a hiddin gem, if you can stand to wait for them to buidt it i highly recommend. Make sure you buy new hardware! ***update*** i bought one for the tj.... yes i like them that much!!! any ?'s pm me.

BLKRUBICON

BLKRUBICON's Reviews

03-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Price: $1,399.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bumper Looks Great And The Light Option Is Great. Tire Carrier Holds The 37's W/o One Bit Of Problems.and Again The Look It Just Sick.would Only Recommend This And The Shock Weks Bumper

VT_Jeeper
VT_Jeeper's Reviews

12-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: so far so good...love the bumper looks great............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................

alex_35
alex_35's Reviews

12-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it looks good,but ruttles i tried to fix the problem putting grease but does'nt work.good thing is that comes with the hi-lift mount.

MukYJ

Pronounced "Mucky J"
MukYJ's Reviews

10-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Price: $415.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A very stout bumper with all the features I was looking for: Recovery points, frame tie-in, 2" hitch receiver, tire carrier with room for bigger tires, slam latch, and a hi-lift mount.

Q's jeep
Q's jeep's Reviews

08-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Price: $499.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent value for the money. Only complaint was wait time of 4 weeks from LoD.

CHIPPER10

CHIPPER10's Reviews

07-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Price: $1,100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good product good price. love the lights in the back bumper. black matt finish

Dirtling
Dirtling's Reviews

05-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Price: $850.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the zerk fitting. I removed it after greasing and placed a black plug into the hole. That way it won't break off.

mike_dippert

hodophobic
mike_dippert's Reviews

04-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Price: $459.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like this bumper. It is an excellent buy. Some people have complained about the ends of the top horizontal bar being open, but mine fully boxed in, and it has a clean finished look to it. It is kind of hard to install on a TJ without a body lift, the gas tank is in the way and it's tricky getting the bolts in there. My only real complaint is the latching mechanism his hard to operate unless it had a lot of lube on it. But it is nice being able to slam it shut. The tire carrier will rattle a little bit if you do not use one of the factory tire bumpers to stabilize it, that requires cutting the driver side one in half.
All-in-all, for what you pay, this is the best bumper in it's class.

MotorGear327
MotorGear327's Reviews

04-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Seems like a halfway decent product.
I would recommend for the price. The instructions left a little to be desired and it required a little modification to make everything fit properly.

GringoLoco

GringoLoco's Reviews

03-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Price: $439.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great quality, can't beat the price. No problems at all. Had it on for almost a year and still no rattles.

tjtone
tjtone's Reviews

02-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Price: $1.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love it

Whipper Snapper

Whipper Snapper's Reviews
12-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just installed the Extreme Rear bumper with the tire carrier. I enjoy how solid it is so far but I have to point out two items. The mounting hardware was weak so I changed it to grade 5 bolts and the latch pin does not fully engage into the swing out. Not sure if either makes a difference but I wanted it to stay put under extreme conditions.

Shorty

Shorty's Reviews

10-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Pros: Great Coating, Price $$$, Everything I needed
Cons: Took a long time to get it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like it, definitly recommend this. BEST bang for your buck!!!!!!!!!

Go for the extreme its well worth the little extra $$.

Y2KWRANGLER

Y2KWRANGLER's Reviews

07-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Pros: Strong, Looks Great. Easy Installation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love it. Great for the price. Towed my tent trailer without any problems. Bought a front winch mount shorty to match.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last