Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > LOD Heavy-Duty Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

LOD Heavy-Duty Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

LOD Heavy-Duty Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $470.00
Average Price: $613.08
Manufacturer: LOD
Recommended?
Yes: 11 / No: 1

Hold up to a 37 spare for your TJ/LJ with a LoD Heavy Duty Series tire carrier. LoD tire carriers feature a fully welded 1-1/4" hinge pin. Every LoD spare tire carrier features an innovative heavy-duty self-latching slam latch with a 5/8 stainless steel latch pin. The bumper is equipped with two (2) CNC laser cut clevis mounts. The top a-frame features a tire holder which is fully adjustable to accommodate wheels with different backspacing. All LoD tire carriers include a 2 Receiver welded underneath the bumper. Includes a Hi-Lift Jack mount. LoD products are POWDER COATED black for a long lasting, durable finish to protect your investment for years to come. All bolts and hardware are included with each tire carrier.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

clayduster71
clayduster71's Reviews
07-21-2014, 07:30 AM
Price: $1,049.00
Pros: Great fit and finish
Cons: Doesn't come with nylon lock nuts. Come on man!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the rear bumper with tire carrier, 2 fuel can holders and rack for above spare tire. It's a very nice setup - solid built. I feel like it is the best deal for the price tag.

My only hangup is that the folks don't include ANY locking nuts with the package. Not even a lock washer. How much can it cost you, seriously? I went and bought my own.

chrisb321
chrisb321's Reviews
07-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Price: $480.00
Pros: Well built
Cons: Shipping time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fitted it reasonably easy. Decided to weld it to the frame to make it stronger.

shnozburger
shnozburger's Reviews
01-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Price: $480.00
Pros: holds 37" tire, looks good. great price!
Cons: has weak spots where it mounts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the whole mounting system is just weak. 4 bolts hold it on with a thin loop type bracket. I welded the hitch area on for extra strength, but the d rings are mounted right where the week loops brackets are causing them to bow out when you try to pull someone else or your self out of a sticky situation using the d rings. i would mainy recommend this product because of the great price. but with i few mods it can be a great bumper.

GauchoMark
GauchoMark's Reviews
05-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Fit is excellent. Heavy duty - banged it on some rocks the first week I had it and it came out unscathed aside from some surface scratches.
Cons: Powdercoating is just OK - to do it over I'd probably get it bare and paint it. Tire carrier lock-open mechanism has a piece of plastic to protect the bumper from the striker that only lasted a week - need to fab one out of sheet aluminum. Not looking forward to replacing a rear light bulb!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fit is excellent. Heavy duty - banged it on some rocks the first week I had it and it came out unscathed aside from some surface scratches.

Powdercoating is just OK - to do it over I'd probably get it bare and paint it. Tire carrier lock-open mechanism has a piece of plastic to protect the bumper from the striker that only lasted a week - need to fab one out of sheet aluminum. Not looking forward to replacing a rear light bulb!

boeingxtreme
boeingxtreme's Reviews
04-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Price: $799.00
Pros: Great Bumper, Love the Reverse Lights HI Lift Jack looks awesome on its side behind tire
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Little difficult to install, but have a couple buddies over and it'll go just right!

Danegerous

Danegerous's Reviews
04-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Solid, holds a big tire, gas can holder
Cons: Difficult to latch, no hi-lift mount, very basic
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It does the trick.

Fuzzcheek1

Fuzzcheek1's Reviews
12-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Excellent construction and looks awesome. All holes aligned perfectly. No rattles so far. Comes with frame tie-ins and reverse lights.
Cons: Can be difficult to install if you have small hands.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Signature series rear bumper and tire carrier. Some of the bolts were difficult to install because of tight spaces, but overall manageable. HIGHLY recommend.

igrok

igrok's Reviews

06-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Price: $599.00
Pros: Good build quality
Cons: Shipped without instructions Shipped 2 months late parts missing
Recommended? No

Comments: The bumper and tire carrier itself is a quality build. Powder coating is done right, huge spindle for tire carrier, and quiet latch for swing away. However, the customer service is unbelievably horrible. Chris is a really nice guy to talk to, but they can't or don't keep up with the work. My bumper shipped out 6 weeks LATER than advertised. I never got a phone call or email stating why it was late; I had to call in and when I called, I was told it would ship the next day. I was told that for 3 weeks before it actually shipped.

Its been 2.5 months and I STILL don't have everything I ordered and finally called back and was told "It shipped already and you should have it this week." I've heard that before.

The instructions for this bumper are non-existent. The instructions are not printed, but a link to another guy's website who blogged the install on a bumper several designs back. It doesn't even look like the same bumper/tire carrier.

Nicho

Nicho's Reviews
01-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Well made
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice package and competitive pricing when compared to other brands. Made in USA

GruntMarine
GruntMarine's Reviews
12-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Strong, 2 D-rings and very little rattle
Cons: non yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works great, looks great

bgmadmxr
bgmadmxr's Reviews
01-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Price: $580.00
Pros: Strong, great finish, great fit
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bumper fit perfectly. Fit and finish were great. Hinge and lock mechanism are the best I've seen, you simply slam it shut. Very well made product and superb customer service.

theclark25
theclark25's Reviews

01-31-2009, 06:21 PM
LOD Heavy-Duty Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier
Price: $470.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: all around good buy. only thing i would want to change is to have a grease zerk on the swing out for the tire rack. but you can easly install one yourself