Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Kennesaw Mountain Accesories rear bumper

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Kennesaw Mountain Accesories rear bumper Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Kennesaw Mountain Accesories rear bumper

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $749.00
Average Price: $745.80
Manufacturer: Kennesaw Mountain Accesories
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 1

Rear Bumper From Kennesaw Mountain Accesories

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

PatriotWhite21
PatriotWhite21's Reviews
02-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Price: $1,554.00
Pros: HD, strong, looks good
Cons: winch mount, not direct bolt on
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the front and rear bumpers, wish i would of ordered with winch mount, and shackles instead of d-rings. Overall very satisfied.

Son-of-Beast
Son-of-Beast's Reviews
11-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Nice construction
Cons: No hold open for tire carrier, had to fab one myself
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed Kennesaw Mtn front and rear bumpers, rear with Hi-Jack mount and tire carrier. Very happy with all. Fab time is slow but worth the wait. Good support for the shop that did the install from Kyle.

coonash

coonash's Reviews

01-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Price: $1.00
Recommended? No

Comments: Good looking bumper. Crappy customer service. There is welding required with this bumper.

Ds4x4

Ds4x4's Reviews

04-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Price: $625.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Multi Carrier for the ZJ... took a little while to get it made and ready to ship but i am very satisfied with the bumper.. I have dropped several feet onto rocks with hardly a scratch on the bumper..

jneal

Nice....Keep Wheelin!
jneal's Reviews

04-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Price: $749.00
Pros: Heavy Duty, lots of options, customizable, nice price
Cons: CB antenna mount and jack mount conflict
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Kenesaw Mountain Accesories www.kenmtn.com makes bumpers for several vehicles and during my search they had the best price with the most options that I wanted.

I started searching for the bumper I wanted and came across Kyles website. Noting the name, I had no idea they were from my hometown until I had really decided to buy from them.

I fired off an email which Kyle replied to the same day and was very helpful with my decisions for what options I wanted. He is an avid offroader and has plans to run the baja this year which I wish him luck with.

My bumper is very heavy guage steel (3/16 steel) and can be finished with paint, a textured finish or virgin steel.
I opted for:
1> rec tube (can be recessed or mounted on bottom)
2> Jack carrier
3> cb antenna mount
4> jerry can holder (makes the tire depth adjustable)
5> LED backup lights (recessed)

The original lead time was 3-4 weeks but I think with the tax season they got a bit swamped and it ended up being almost 8 weeks. This not withstanding, since I am an impatient person by nature, I would highly recommend their work.

Welds appear to be made by a very experienced welder, and while I am no welder myself, I think they will hold up quite well.

I had one issue that was quickly addressed... The mount for the hilift was put in the wrong location for a dual jerry can configuration. This posed no problem for me since I was able to simply drop in and Kyle (along with his assistant) made quick work of relocating it to the proper place.
Unfortunately this location forbids use of the CB antenna which I didnt notice until later. Like most of you I think the hilift is almost useless but I'd rather not need it and have it than need it and not have it. My former CB mount works just fine anyway, but it is something to note if you are going to order this bumper. I may forgo the jack in the future if I never use it.

The multicarrier is a frame mounted bumper vs a bumper plate mounted one. Tabs were welded to assist this mounting and I asked if these would be needed if it were shipped out and was told yes. So keep that in mind, although the tabs were only a couple of inches long.

The pivot is a very heavy duty, greased bearing design. I sat on it and it didnt even wince. Thats saying something. It swings effortlessly

The Reverse lights are bright since he is using LED's now. Kyle suggested and I may follow, that I change my brake lights to LED to match.

I opted for the jerry can mount because I trailer a 4-wheeler and jet ski's often enough to justify it. With this option the tire becomes adjustable. It actually mounts in it's own 2 inch rec, up high. This is unique I think and I feel it will come in handy in the future for bike racks etc...

Kyle seemed willing to make custom changes as needed so if you have something in mind I would ask about it.

some Things I would like to see,
a block for the pivot point to prevent swinging all the way around
relocate the hilift to a vertical mount so cb antenna can be used
option for a CO2 tank mount in place of one of the jerry can mounts

As you can see from the pics, I layed my CO2 tank down and strapped it in. I plan on asking Kyle what he would charge to weld a mounting plate for the tank mount.