Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Jeeperman JS Jeeperman TJ/YJ/CJ Swingaway

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Jeeperman JS Jeeperman TJ/YJ/CJ Swingaway Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Jeeperman JS Jeeperman TJ/YJ/CJ Swingaway

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $820.00
Average Price: $602.27
Manufacturer: Jeeperman
Recommended?
Yes: 11 / No: 1

Even better than our previous models. Includes the towing frame reinforcement kit and black semi gloss Cardinal powdercoat standard. Fits 76' and newer CJ and Wrangler models.

Bumper features:
*3/16" thick, 2X4" 50 degree angle ended boxed steel bumper. No open back to collect mud and salt in the winter.
*1/4" thick A grade CNC 1" vertically adjustable brackets for body lift compensation. (shown on Wrangler with 1" body lift.
*Cardinal top quality semi gloss black powdercoat included. (Only select powdercoat option box below if custom color other than black is desired, contact us for selections)
*Flush 2" receiver so you won't drag it when running tougher trails with lock pin provisions located behind the bumper.(some hitches may need to be cut down or new lock pin hole drilled. Will accept Warn brand name receiver shackles and clevis or get our own Made In the USA shackles that fit perfectly and are stronger than the Warn offering.(D-Rings) Weakest point on this system has been tested and rated to 40,000 lbs. While we cannot rate your Jeep to pull that (2,000 lbs. for Wrangler and 3,500 lbs. for Unlimited) much, you can be assured that the bumper will far exceed the Jeep's capacity tow rating.
*Dual hidden safety chain bracket assembly accepts full one ton style chains, something most others don't on the bottom inside of the bumper.
*Radiused 3/4" thick CNC D Ring shackle mount tabs (not the 3 sided chopped ones some competitors offer) welded to the front, cut through the depth of the bumper and then welded again to the backside of the bumper and to make them completely overkill; we triple weld them to the crossmembers' 1/4" thick brackets for the utmost in strength.

Tire carrier features:
*NEW anodized dual 1/4" striker system (TM) with safety position Self-latching mechanism with adjustable striker just like the one Jeep uses on the tailgate but even stronger by 300%.(TM)
*Easy to operate press and release handle and endcap
*2.75" DOM tube machined hinge (TM) assembly rides on (2) 1.25" tapered roller bearings with sealed Zerk fitting for a smooth as glass operation, we have found none smoother.
*Horizontal, rattle free with three points of adjustment and dual adjustable isolation points. A third is used from the factory tailgate bushing. Built in lock provision Hi-Lift jack mount just in case someone else needs it.
*Big 2.75" billet disc with NEW flush stainless steel plated allen head bolt tops the hinge seal and gives a ultra high tech and professional look unmatched by other systems.
*Adjustable tailgate spacers and the OEM rubber stops relocate to prevent accidental contact of spare tire into Jeep body
*Spring loaded auto-locking stainless steel shaft system with triple grooved billet release handle to stop the bumper from swinging too far open or falling back on you. The open position clears the open lift glass even with all Jeeperman accessories. Some other brands won't allow you to open the lift glass without hitting their tire carrier!

Jeeperman Swingaways are shipped in a double walled and double-strapped custom boxes to withstand delivery abuse and are now coated with Cardinal semi gloss powdercoat finish for the best in class look you demand. Looks great as is or select the options box below and order a custom color finish like shown. Please contact us for color selections. Holds up to a 40" tire with ease and one ton wheel pattern configuration is now provided. Built in multiple wheel patterns included on the carrier (4.5x5, 5x5.5, 6x5.5 AND 8x6.5). All grade 8 mounting bolts, washers, nuts etc. and new improved stainless hardware that is required is included. Simple, easy to use instructions are below to download now or when you install your system. Many color pictures for all steps are included in this PDF file. Available otions include over the tire Heavy Duty Rack , Ultra bright LED brake light, and Water or Fuel (NATO or Jerry style) Can carriers sold separately and can be installed at a later Total weight approx.77 lbs. Includes bumper and upper carrier as a set. Can be orderd independently, please call us to arrange this option. NEW! Customization available at additional charge, such as rear 1/4 panel extensions, custom ends etc. please contact us directly to discuss. (receiver and chain points can be reversed to outside for no extra charge as a custom option) Jeeperman products are on a build to order status. Please allow 3-4 weeks for this item. If you are on a time schedule, please contact us for item availability or time estimate.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

kuruma
kuruma's Reviews

01-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Well designed, Strudy, locks itself open
Cons: None Noted
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased this around Thanksgiving and recieved it Christmas Eve. The extra time was due to me getting the LJ version with the extensions on the sides. I was a little leery at first if this would take away any ground clearance but so far have noted none. I purchased this from Jeepin Outfitters and they provided top notch service. There was a mix up as far as which brake light I ordered and this was handled with the utmost professionalism and very quickly. I'd recommend the 1 inch LED light if you get this one. It fits perfectly and provides way more light than expected. ***Note: When hooking this one up White wire goes to black and black to white. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why I had voltage but no light. Felt kinda retarded when I called and they told me to switch the wires and it came right on. The bumper itself has plenty of attatchment points. The first time on the trail it was used for a mild recovery and it preformed great. Nothing else to say other than I feel my money was well spent. Great product and I hope both companies keep up the great service.

UCTJ

UCTJ's Reviews
11-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Very well made.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very well made, held up great for the last 5 1/2 years.

Zen
Zen's Reviews
10-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Very nice carier, built in CHMSL, frame tie ins, easy open, positive catch, holds gate open, heavy duty recovery points, powdercoat
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This tire carrier has been great. Much better than my old LOD swingaway. If you can find one, buy it.

onlyn8v
onlyn8v's Reviews
09-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Awesome
Cons: powder coat sucks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The powder coat is pretty weak. Otherwise a nice piece.

04RubiGator

04RubiGator's Reviews

03-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Jerry cam holder and cooler rack, two things you never go jeepin with out!! Really well built.

erickpl

erickpl's Reviews

11-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Why do I need 75 characters to provide a review? I Just want to list em. Adding characters to shut this thing up.

Red_
Red_'s Reviews

09-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Price: $80.00
Recommended? No

Comments: About as over built as my ARB. Single shear hinge which sucks, and no jerry can mounts. But has fittings for a 2" receiver, high lift mount and a CB antenna. As overpriced as an ARB but if you can find it cheap, well worth it.

JPWheeler

JPWheeler's Reviews

04-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Price: $725.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I decided on the Jeeperman Swingaway having purchased Jeeperman products before, and was aware of the high quality of their products. I expected the same with the Swingaway, and while the desigh, strength, and toughness are top notch, I was rather disappointed with the quality of craftsmanship. I most likely just ended up with one of the very few bad units they produced, and unfortunately it wasn't limited to just one problem. First, my Swingaway arrived missing half of the necessary hardware for mounting the bumper to the frame. Then, while installing locking pin for the swingaway, I noticed the "cylinder" that the locking pin installs into wasn't perfectly round near the top, which made it difficult to install the brass bushing. I had to grind the inner area out to make the bushing fit. Then after installing the swingaway portion onto the bumper itself, I had to use all the supplied shims to raise the swingaway off that supporting "puck" that is mounted on the bumper. Even then it barely cleared and could probably use another shim or 2 or 3. Lastly, I called Jeeperman to ask if they could send out the missing parts to which they agreed, yet I never received them. It's not likely they got lost in the mail, so I'm more inclined to think they never bothered to send the parts. I ended up purchasing them at the local hardware store. When all is said and done, I am pleased with the quality of this product, but the oversight on(or just plain lack of) quality control made for a longer-than-anticipated and frustration-filled install. Like I said before, I probably just got one of the very few units that was flawed, so I'd still recommend it to fellow Jeepers.

Breaksteel
Breaksteel's Reviews

04-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Way too expensive, but a very nice bumper!

TJRubicon06

TJRubicon06's Reviews

03-10-2008, 01:39 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bumper, no rattles. The powdercoat is starting to flake off in some places.

jetter

jetter's Reviews

08-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Pros: stout, frame tie-in included, no rattles, fit perfect, easy secure latch
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I researched for several weeks before choosing the Jeeperman bumper. The reviews are what sold me. The bumper install was straight forward, everything fit like it should. The frame tie-ins are included, unlike other manufacturers. The latch is easy to use yet extremely tight. The quaility and strength of this bumper is top-notch. I carry a 35" tire and after 3000 miles of highway and offroad excursions, I still have no rattles. The other plus for me is they have additional items I can add later ie. gas can carriers, cargo rack. If you're looking for a strong, get the job done, maintenance free bumper, I highly recommend Jeeperman. It's worth the money.

ChristopherJ

Resident Physician
ChristopherJ's Reviews

08-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Price: $820.00
Pros: super strong, great quality
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Jeeperman makes a stout bumper. Their tire carrier can hold a very large spare, although I only have a 32" tire. It is more expensive than a few alternatives, but after the quality reviews by several people who know fabrication, the Jeeperman will be the last bumper I ever need. The bumper is also highly customizable. The latch mechanism is solid. If I had another jeep, I would make its bumpers Jeeperman.